43 Civilizations - Beta Testers Needed!

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

Quit report: No major bug so far, except "common one", like the tech tree flashing when you open it, quit and reload solve it, but this happened in normal vp and it's not a big deal (happen once), and that's all for now, good job :)

Game setting: TSL on YnAEMP 43civ / 20 CS, standard speed, Incas Emperor
    I'm in Renaissance right now, going for Domination victory, America is almost mine and I will tell you how it goes :goodjob:

2. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

I don't make sure, but it seems that Byzantium's UA "Always enable to found a religion" mechanism does not work because of this mod's dll. Probably.

*Edit. Sorry, it actually works. But I couldn't auto-purchasing GP by using faith. When my faith is saved enough, GP is just born naturally.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2016
  3. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

That's how prophets are created until you reach the industrial age.

4. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

there will be many nonbelievers

5. mcshame

mcshame Warlord

I got to turn 148 and had a CTD on an AI civs turn. Reported in Github will logs/files. Can't continue the game as it repeats every time

6. Gazebo

I know why, but I can't fix right now. Use the DLL in this thread (instead of the tester DLL) and it should work fine.

7. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

I mean, I know it, but there is just no "Save for Great Prophet" button with 0 remain found-able religion. That's all.

8. Aldebaran1997

Aldebaran1997 Prince

I think 43 Civs mod is super-exciting, but there are no barbarians anymore. They need bigger map, maybe?

9. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

I had a different experience, on early game I had trouble with barbarians, with many camps around my civ, I play on huge YnAEMP, something like 180*90

10. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I have a problem playing with full EUI VP on ynaemp giant earth map with 43 civs. I can' t trade luxuries to AI for GPT. I see the value just fine but when I choose any amount of GP from AI their response is always impossible. I can trade luxuries for luxuries just fine and I can buy things from AI with GPT but not the other way round.

11. Gazebo

If they have less than 5GPT they won't trade. They don't want to bankrupt themselves.

12. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

That was it. Must be some pretty new change. I took a break from this mod and this didn't happen few patches ago. Everything seems going pretty smooth. No crashes or anykinda strange behavior. What I will say about the more barbarians is that it slows AIs settling kinda bit. Wether this is good or bad I don't know but I like it.

13. Tekamthi

Tekamthi Prince

Maybe I'm missing the specific context, but I often play CBP w/ 22 major and 58 minor on huge map. After tweaking the relevant line in the civ5units.xml, these settings can be selected in hotseat w/o problems (using modpack)... i've never counted if there are actually 58 city states that spawn, but thats what the slider says...

14. ZZMitch

ZZMitch Chieftain

Hey,

Just wanted to let you know I started up a 43 Civ (+ 20 City States) game last night, Marathon length, Emperor difficulty, YnAEMP. Got randomly placed as the Zulus and played a hundred turns or so before bed. Everything seemed to run smooth. I noticed two small things, but both are likely due to weird stuff with YnAEMP rather than VP.

1. I found a goodie hut that spawned on a mountain tile and thus is not possible to get at the moment
    2. I ran into a Vatican City warrior somewhere in Nigeria with my scout. When I clicked on the Find on Map button for the city state nothing happened. I am guessing the game tried to spawn it where Rome is and it didn't work or something. I wonder if that means there are less city states now?

15. Fakoleon

Fakoleon Warlord

Both are "normal" things, that are related to YnAEMP, not the 43civ DLL
    The first one is weird, but you can access it as Inca, and yes it's king of unfair for the other civ, but it was always like that as far as I remember
    Second is a bug and it has a fix, but I don't remember where to find it, maybe on the YnAEMP specific thread, it was something like the warrior were not correctly deleted on start, so you can "meet" that CS but it doesn't exist

16. Horvath Broncos

Horvath Broncos Warlord

I am playing with ynaemp and random civ start locations and I have to say they are truly random. There are civs that start on two tile island and in other horrific starting positions. And there are clusters of civs in certain parts of world there is atleast 9 civs in Oseania, only two in africa and one of them is in Madagaskar. Then there is 4 civs in central america/carribean and only three in north america.

I have played on ynaemp with random starting spots before without VP and the starting positions are way more evenly distributed.

17. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

Maybe I'm a bit slow, but #5 below; which mod do you mean? I use the no-EUI version of Vox, so would I replace the files in the Community Patch, the Community Balance Overhaul, the Community Balance Overhaul-Compatibility File(No EUI), or a mod that I haven't mentioned?

18. Gazebo

Open (6b) in your MODS folder, go to lua. Delete all lua/xml files in that folder that have an identical version in the no-EUI folder of the 43 civ DLL folder. Then delete the CP only and EUI folders from that mod. Sorry its a bit confusing, but there's not an easier way without writing (yet another) compatibility mod.

19. thothenki

thothenki Chieftain

Thank you!

20. cloud168

cloud168 Chieftain

Hello sir, reporting, it seems that there's nothing wrong on my end playing other than "I-now-know-what-you-meant-by-memory-resource", turn 250+ 43 civs with a lot of mods activated, 7.55gb ram usage, only civ 5 open, using ynaemp earth map, about 15% map revealed to me, and that was the usage of RAM, dunno what the ram usage will be at 100% revealed map, I've hit a bottleneck because I only have 8gb ram, will push through with playing this kind of 43 civs with same kind of mod next year when I buy my new desktop, anyway, thanks sir for creating this :D