5/10/12 Gamespy article

Eagle Pursuit

Per Scribendum, Volo
http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/1224548p1.html

A few motes of new info:
Jakharta is a city-state
Stonehenge's new output is +5 faith (how much is the new info)
Spearman strength is 10
Horseman strength is 12
Valetta is a militaristic city-state
Police Station is a counter-intelligence building

It appears that this author got to spend several hours with the game, hopefully he/she wasn't the only one and more of these hands-on previews will come out.

Also, the Colossus is moved up to Iron Working (5th pic)

Also, Valetta is a militaristic city state (Iron Working screenshot). In the same screenshot there are quite a few notifications I haven't seen before, the top one, third and fourth ones.

Milan is also a new city state, likely one of the Mercantile ones.

Police station confirmed as counter-espionage building.

For the record, here is the screenshot in question:

The notifications on the right hand side (Except for the Sugar WLTKD) are unknown

The Pictish Warrior Strength is 11 while the Spearman strength is 10. I'd say it's more likely to be a Spearman replacement than a Warrior.

Another short article on religion from GameSpy: http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/sid-meiers-civilization-v-gods-kings/1224573p1.html

Looks like the unknown civilian unit is a Missionary.

This clarifies it a bit:

Wow, I didn't know you could get articles from the future!

American date formatting ;). Might be that I rename the thread to a more international compatible format.

My guess is that it means "you can shoot a guy from your city."

:D

*facepalm* uuh...I'm sorry :blush:.

On the last screen shot on the minimap, you are given a view of a city (orange - Polynesian?) without having explored all the way to it (there's a city-state border down south but the city state appears hidden). Could this be a new feature of establishing an embassy?

I'm not so sure though, it's a bit hard to tell from this small screen shot.

On the last screen shot on the minimap, you are given a view of a city (orange - Polynesian?) without having explored all the way to it (there's a city-state border down south but the city state appears hidden). Could this be a new feature of establishing an embassy?

I'm not so sure though, it's a bit hard to tell from this small screen shot.

Yes, I'd say that you get a view of the enemy's capital through espionage. that's kind of like map-stealing I guess.

I'm not sure if it's espionage, given they were still researching Iron Working

A true point, unless that can award spies through the world builder. But how else would you get a perfect little box of visible terrain arround an enemy city thats not adjacent to anything you've explored?

A true point, unless that can award spies through the world builder. But how else would you get a perfect little box of visible terrain arround an enemy city thats not adjacent to anything you've explored?

Maybe you get it just from making contact with a Civ. After all, when I stumble across a city-state for the first time, I get view of the actual city even if I haven't walked that far yet.

But that's just one tile, this is quite a box that would be all workable tiles at greatest extent.

Top Bottom