5 bottles of wine in 4.5 hours, is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciceronian

Latin Scholar
I've been challenged by several fellow students to a bet I'm not sure whether I should accept. It involves, as the title states, me drinking 5 bottles of 0.75 l of wine, 12.0% alcohol, in 4.5 hours, without being sick. I'm allowed to pee, eat and drink other things (water). I'm being offered a lot to do this, including another student buying me a drink every time he sees me in the bar for the next two years (which should be frequent) if I make it, and I have to pay him nothing if I don't.

Is this possible? I'd like to hear the opinions of people who may have managed (or attempted) this before (thetrooper perhaps?) and any medics posting here. I'm an 18-year old white male, weighing approx. 90 kg, i.e. 200 pounds. I've managed to drink the equivalent of 15 pints (half litres) of beer in a night before, however this was over a longer period of time, but I didn't throw up let alone have a major memory loss. I've only thrown up once from alcohol, and by that time I was virtually unconscious (I was 15 or 16 at the time).

Your going to be stone drunk. :lol:

Probably asleep.

I dont think its possible unless you are really really tolerant to alcohol.

erm eat cheese and products like it before taking part in the bet, it lines the stomach and stops you getting as drunk as quikly, realistically though 4 and a half hours is quite awhile so you should be able to do it unless you havnt been drinking regularly.

Beers and wines are different. If I were you, I would not try that. You will probably puke before 3rd bottle.

I once have bottomed up a bottle of wine (in a minute), then puked all night.

Well 5 bottles of 12% wine is about 45 units. 15 pints is about 30-35 depending on the beer, so you're looking at rather more alcohol here, and in a shorter space of time, since you've only got 4 hours. Bunging these numbers, plus your weight into a blood alcohol calculator gives a peak blood alcohol content of about 300mg/100ml, so 0.3%. For a rough comparison, 0.4% is potentially lethal, though probably not to a heavy drinker. 0.55% is lethal in more than half of cases.

I'm sure this is possible, but medically it doesn't look at all advisable

Moderator Action: Closed. And make sure that if you do do this, those around you are willing to call for paramedics if you pass out and they can't wake you. My suggestion would be not to do it in the first place unless you commonly drink close to that amount. Eyrei.
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom