[C3C] 5 city challenge

lqwertyp

Chieftain
Hi all,

I started this map with a 5cc in mind.

The cap is located at the black circle.

Where would you guys place the other cities?

There's an other civ located in the North West of the map.

Thanks!

Attachments

• 5cc.png
    5cc.png
    749.4 KB · Views: 43
A five city challenge means that your commerce will be quite limited. You need to use the extra commerce from rivers or coast. Since you play egypt removing the jungle will be less tedious. You also want the ivory for the Statue of Zeus. So in addition to a second town on the first river you should found one town on the western ivory and the last 2 towns at the eastern river.

5cc_just5.jpg

I would change the location of your city to the left to secure iron and/or gems, or to the sugar/tobacco in the bottom right. If you can remove all the jungle around the gems, there is good land for population growth and production, good opportunities to get commerce, and you secure a strategic resource and a luxury resource. Also consider the wheat/ivory place to the north (but I think in the end I would go with the river/gold combination as in the picture, because gold is better than wheat for your purposes, and your culture will eventually encompass the ivory if you try - but that would be too late to get the State of Zeus).

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply!

I was thinking the same except for the one north east. What do you think of between the bananas and the diamonds on the lake?

What do you think of between the bananas and the diamonds on the lake?

The lack of a river is hard to subtitute. A river gives 6, 7, 8 and 8 extra commerce in 4 of the spots i indicated. Ivory may be worth an exception.

In a 5CC importing luxuries is cheap. As only 4 settlers and a few workers need to be built, reaching a city size large enough to build a library soon is reasonably enough. This grants the needed culture expansion.

Even building cheap temples may be an option as egypt, although i donnot really like that option.

Top Bottom