5 Million Points with "Inca Rush 2012"

Hmm, could it be that Wastintime is OP? :p

so why score games are done with Inca and not Darius? That's a honest question...

Ind doesn't seem to bring much value (org would be probably better for sushi games?), both are financial.
I wasn't expecting an answer to my question. It's just that people commenting on Incas don't seem to be aware that the fastest times for space colony are done by Darius--deity and immortal. And that's discounting OCC and PA (ab)use.

I wasn't expecting an answer to my question. It's just that people commenting on Incas don't seem to be aware that the fastest times for space colony are done by Darius--deity and immortal. And that's discounting OCC and PA (ab)use.

there is HOF evidence that somewhat indicates Incans being better for score games (the best nonincan games is like 1million points behind?)

So why? The early game snowball should be pretty similar for both leaders if you pop AH from hut for Darius and get BFC horse (which in unlimited number of tries is completely possible).

late game should be stronger for Darius imo

I agree that any civ can probably do High score. See post #44

Inca may not be best, but it's the least frustrating. It takes a few false starts to get them going, but many more to try and get Copper or Horses in the BFC along with the free tech to reveal them. There's no time to build a settler and claim a nearby resource.

But please don't make any comparisons to that particular Darius game. It has little basis in reality.

The obvious reason for Inca's "awesomeness" - ability to eliminate neighbor (or 2) having his cities by the time Persia connects horses. Such a huge factor hardly can be out-weight.

The obvious reason for Inca's "awesomeness" - ability to eliminate neighbor (or 2) having his cities by the time Persia connects horses. Such a huge factor hardly can be out-weight.

No - you can Q-rush too fast for your development to keep up. What sets the Inca apart isn't the speed, it's that is that it's so cheap to capture AI cities (even with a delay like in this game, to a timescale possibly manageable by other civs).

there is HOF evidence that somewhat indicates Incans being better for score games (the best nonincan games is like 1million points behind?)

So why? The early game snowball should be pretty similar for both leaders if you pop AH from hut for Darius and get BFC horse (which in unlimited number of tries is completely possible).

late game should be stronger for Darius imo

In theory you are right, but finding a map with 2/3 golds and horses in BFC is very very difficult. Not to mention popping AH is like 1 in a 100 chanche.

Interesting read so far - 5m, I'm rooting for you!

I'm liking the delayed rush too, more my style =]

@Grashopa oh I'd loove to see player of your level playing this, that could be surprizing

I'm only interested because I would have no clue how to do this. I love how varied CIV is. I'd learn a lot just from playing the start.

In theory you are right, but finding a map with 2/3 golds and horses in BFC is very very difficult. Not to mention popping AH is like 1 in a 100 chanche.

Just let mapfinder run over night. Got about 20 starts with 2 Lux. In 2 I got TW + AH from a Hut :eek: . Call it luck or normal, I think having a Scout + minimum number of opponents on a Huge map makes things easy here. Getting Horses in the BFC with Gold seems impossible though, that's more like 1:1000.

I'm only interested because I would have no clue how to do this. I love how varied CIV is. I'd learn a lot just from playing the start.

Yep, that was exactly my thinking too. Wanted to try something new and learn, so I worldbuilded insane start and killed 6 opponents by 2000BC. I can say combination of the right start, Incas and Marathon leads to absolutely incredible snowballing effect. And there were indeed some interesting things to learn. At least to me.

Turns 122 - 150:

Mansa demands Currency. Instinct is to say no, but yes = +2 relations and MUCH faster CoL from him. Faster CoL is the main reason.

turn 123: finished off Gandhi (city 9)

turn 126: Great Lighthouse

turn 138: Pyramids
I settle an island (city 10)

Turn 140:
Date: 2100 BC
Number of cities: 10 cities
Military: 7 Quechua
Number non-military units: 8 Worker, galley
Researching Metal Casting with 100% at 149 BPT with -74 GPT , 3 turns still needed, treasury lasting for 7

Seraiel Comparison:
Spoiler :
Date: 2140 BC
Number of cities: 8 cities
Military: 16 quechua
Number non-military units: 6 Worker + 1 Settler
Researching Maths with 100% at 80 BPT with -70 GPT , 12 turns still needed, treasury lasting for 6

turn 143 Metal Casting

turn 147: traded MC for CoL

Turn 150: I could have probably chopped Collosus and Hanging Gardens by turn 150, but I wasn't going for a 150 turn game, I have a long way to go. I save the forests so they're used more efficiently. I've pre-chopped forge/collosus(waiting for copper) and aqueduct/HangingG (wait for OrgRel)

Empire at t150:
162 bpt at -79 gold.
10 cities
Researching Civil Service

(by comparison Seraiel finished Civil Service turn 251.)

T-hawk's 3.3 million game is hard to compare.
Spoiler :
It was a very slow Darius game. he built a settler to get horses. 1st city captured t126.
At Turn 155:
Still no Math--3 turns to go.
At 100% research: 62 bpt (-51 gold)
5 cities

Summary:

Mapfinder didn't do much. The start location so just so-so, What made it work so well? I had 4 very close capitals. The Deity AI gets 2 settlers/civ and none of these 1st 8 cites were on hills! and none of them were Mansa.

These capitals had good forests, but 2 have very poor food. Only 3 of 8 are coastal. All other cities inland :( So again, this map is not sent from heaven.

Recap of the highlights:
162 beakers/turn
10 cities (one is an island)
math, Currency, Metal Casting, CoL, starting CS.
Oracle, GLH, Mids, (hangingG and Collosus very close)

I'm building mostly forges, some Granaries. Chicken Pizza only for fail gold. Settler, workboat, and the temple is so I can run a priest and get a G.Prophet (shrine)

I've also sent workboats east and west so I can circumnavigate soon.
Here' the mainland:

Next is turns 151-230. Here is where you could debate my strategy is not optimal, but I'm not much of a warmonger. I'm planning a peaceful tech race for at least 100 turns. Should I have sent out Swords? or Maces? After reading Seraiel's game, I think maybe I should have.

This is gaming on a level several dimensions away from what I can dream to achieve, but I am amazed at how you can do all these things at once, same as with Seraiel (but even better it seems).

Conquering lots of AI capitals, at Deity. Researching like crazy. Building cities yourself, even offshore. Building all the main early wonders. And even keeping forests for other tasks.

You guys are an enigma.

No screenies? I'd love to see domestic adviser, to have a picture of what you do with your cities at this moment.

Did not understand what are you saving forests for, except waiting for copper for Colossus, what about rest, waiting for CoL and MC?

Also, if you could chose what to take from Oracle, would it be CS or Currency still?

Think it's because Org Religion will give him +25% more out of the chops, so he is waiting until that gets online. Same with copper, except it's +100%. The chops can become quite wild when building wonders.

No screenies? I'd love to see domestic adviser, to have a picture of what you do with your cities at this moment.

Did not understand what are you saving forests for, except waiting for copper for Colossus, what about rest, waiting for CoL and MC?

Also, if you could chose what to take from Oracle, would it be CS or Currency still?

I'll try to get some screenies up.

I'm not really saving forests, I'm actively pre-chopping them, but I'm saving the final chop for copper and OrgRel. Once those wonders are done, I will save forests again for more wonders, universities and Oxford.

re: CS or Currency
If I was on a lower difficulty and I could choose CS, I suppose I might. I would just research Currency manually. Currency is just so good on these larger games. Not just for trade routes and building wealth, but mostly for the cash from tech trades and resources.

I'm also amazed :) You basically got half of my military (meaning I didn't use my Military well at that time, but I know that, I wanted to kill Churchill and lost my Stack twice) but you have twice my BPT!

My Question would be: How the hell is that possible, Cottages alone cannot be the answer, there must be more Luxury Ressources on the map. The early GLH does a great deal as I guess, I'll focus that a lot harder in my next game.

Top Bottom