1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

5 move galley?

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by gavenkoa, Mar 23, 2020.

1. gavenkoa

gavenkoa Warlord

2. sampsa

sampsa Ghost

Galley, not much. Galleon, maybe, I mean it might mean that your reinforcements reach front line 1T faster and leads to 1T faster win.

gavenkoa likes this.
  3. elmurcis

elmurcis Emperor

I play many islands maps (its Mara for epic game-feeling pleasure and I guess some role-play too (as I also build MIds for US not Rep as I should :D ) where 5-move Galley after initial war (Axe-rush for example) really can help economy wise. Usually there is some bottleneck of worker turns, so improving best tiles on multiple islands (or same island different parts if its faster) suddenly becomes possible. And if got some Chariot with (extra visibility), can use it to scout (just 1 tile more but enough to see seafood for example) what is behind that "Ocean bridge" and give info to settle or not settle city that could allow to get there (one of main elements of my games - sometimes can "unlock" dream land, sometimes just few 1 tile islands without food, excitement for years :D ).

gavenkoa likes this.
  4. Harv

Harv Emperor Supporter

The resource is informative and interesting, thank you.

gavenkoa likes this.