1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

5 resource minimum when buying?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by ChuckVader, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ChuckVader

ChuckVader Chieftain

If I try to "buy" less than 5 of a strategic resource in a trade, the AI will always reject the deal and the number changes to 5 after I propose the deal. This assumes the AI has 5 or more of that resource.

Is this a bug or by design? It's pretty aggravating when playing OCC and I just want 1 coal for a factory, but end up having to pay for 5. :mad:

2. DaveMcW

DaveMcW Deity

I am guessing by design, to limit the number of buyers and provoke more fights over resources.

3. vexing

vexing knows

i'd guess it's a bug, i don't see it listed in known bugs but it should be.
    you can get around it by targetting an AI with less than 5 for your trade.

4. TW_Honorius

TW_Honorius Warlord

The AI is stupid when it comes to trade, they try to low ball you and sometimes, you cannot trade anything for anything.

5. Bibor

Bibor Doomsday Machine

AI will trade you 5 coal for a happiness resource and even throw in some cash and open borders. Or you can wait for it to spend some on its own factories.

6. dubrown

dubrown Prince

I've got less than 5 in deals but it may be that the AI didn't have more. But well, with coal you only need it while building the factory, after it's ready you'll not need the coal anymore (which in a way is a bit strange) Or has this changed lately? I seem to recall in my last game that I conquered a city with a hydroplant or something requiring alu and my alusupply went negative.

7. Deussu

Deussu The Omniscient

Well, once you get that coal and build you factory, you don't need no stinking coal. Your factory receives absolutely no penalties even if you lack coal!

So take all of his/her coal, and declare war! Bwahahah!