5 turn cooldown to purchases GP by faith

alchx

Prince
If you use Order buildings and have 15+ cities, then so much faith accumulates over time that it is not known where to use it, because. GPs are cheap compared to faith stocks.

At about turn 290, I had +450 faith/turn. Each kill of an enemy unit also gave at least 500 in total with 15-17 cities. At one point in time, there were 48k faith in the reserves. It's just not worth spending it, because. it accumulates faster than the cooldown for a purchase ends.

Spent on the prophets, put 5 or 6 shrines. Spent on generals, put up something like 6-7 fortresses and 5 more generals ran around the battlefields. My most expensive general cost 16k.

It was possible to play through Zealotry and zerg rush by fanatics, but I prefer to build units to gain full experience from barracks, armory, etc.

We need to add some way to waste faith. It is possible to allow speeding up the construction of buildings / wonders.

I think the only reason that orders aren't completely broken is that you run out of stuff to purchase via faith.

In my game:
Genetal - 16k
Prophet - something like 6-8k
Writer - 1k
Someone else (merchant?) - 1k

Even if i start puchasing each cheap persons, i can buy only 20 of them in next 100 turns. Next 10 of them will cost me something around 32k. But 32k fatih i can gain for killing 15-20 AI units in next era. Few turns of any war.And already have 30-40k faith in stock.+500 each turn from shrines,temples, etc.

I already have 5 generals and will get more in next wars, so dont need to buy them.

Need more ways to spend faith.

I think the only reason that orders aren't completely broken is that you run out of stuff to purchase via faith.

Orders good for playing with Zealotry by spamming non-expirienced fanatics.
Maybe Orders must be moved into Zealotry as bonus buildings.

Orders good for playing with Zealotry by spamming non-expirienced fanatics.
Maybe Orders must be moved into Zealotry as bonus buildings.

Even if i start puchasing each cheap persons, i can buy only 20 of them in next 100 turns. Next 10 of them will cost me something around 32k. But 32k fatih i can gain for killing 15-20 AI units in next era. Few turns of any war.And already have 30-40k faith in stock.+500 each turn from shrines,temples, etc.
Orders are crazy powerful providing enormous yields, they easily have the largest potential of any follower belief. But the reason orders are balanced despite giving such enormous numbers is that huge quantities of faith isn't that useful unless you support it with other beliefs, like zealotry or various reformation options (or play as Spain).

At the numbers you've shared I don't think you are able to buy 20 great people over the next 100 turns, the costs will scale sufficiently. I've paid 50K for a single great person before.

Wouldn't it be cool if there was a religious victory, just like in Civ6? You need to convert to your religion all civilizations. You could send faith on missionaries then.

Faith purchases still grant full XP afaik.
Yeah, did never see any change to this. Zealotry is so niche and locks you out of a lot of yield-related beliefs that removing the normal XP would be a huge nerf.

Regards
XSamatan

Yeah, did never see any change to this. Zealotry is so niche and locks you out of a lot of yield-related beliefs that removing the normal XP would be a huge nerf.

Regards
XSamatan
Zealotry also happens to be the best spreader multiplier in the game. 15% religious erosion beats the pants off of every other power. +25% missionary strength, not even close. Hell, I consider a missionary with 2 spreads and 15% erosion stronger than a borobadur enhanced missionary

Top Bottom