500 A.D. Justinians Wars scenario

Same thinking as the previous poster ;)

So here is the alternate history scenario set 450 A.D., sorry that it took me so long to finish it.

Whats happening in the World

Unlike our history, this time the Goth or Vandals did not invade the Western Roman Empire but instead attacked Eastern Roman Empire. The onslaught of Barbarians at the western border was to much for the Eastern Roman Empire and they stripped all their eastern defences so they had enough force to withstand the Invasion. At the same time the Sassanids launched a offensive against the undefended Roman border and seized the Province Syria. The Armenians also attacked and occupied most of eastern Anatolia. The western Empire was not capable of sending support because it had to fight of Attila and the Franks. And in the dark year 450 A.D. the mighty Eastern Roman Empire ceased to exist. The remaining Provinces in Greece and Anatolia declared them self independent and formed a Empire of Hellas, the title of the Eastern Roman Emperor was abolished after Theodosius fled from Constantinople to Rome. In Britain the Romano-British Kingdom prepares to fight of a Saxon invasion. While the Emperor in the West rules a great domain he must show great skill to survive for the Franks have invaded northern Gaul and the Huns aswell as Goth have lauched an attack against Pannonia. Egypt must prepare to defend its newly gained freedom from the Sassanids whose armies are already at the Gates of Memphis.

Attachments

• W E preview.JPG
    W E preview.JPG
    256.8 KB · Views: 312
  • W E preview2.JPG
    W E preview2.JPG
    239.5 KB · Views: 255
You should make a link to this post from first page if not people will don't even see it...

You could add two more civs but what civs ?

Idea : have an another idea of alternate history ?

like alternate 2001 AD ? :crazyeye:

Maybe next year. ;)
I'm making a small break in scenario making. I still have atleast two scenarios I would ike to make an 600 A.D. scenario and a 1400 A.D. scenario.:king:

If you mean the Eurasia map, I decided not to use it. Because Rome would have far to many cities.

Thanks.
I will make my 600 A.D. scenario on the Eurasia map, because I need a larger Europe map for that.

Which scenario one do you mean the 500 A.D one or the alternate history scenario with West-Rome?:D

Hi the 500 AD Justinian wars crashes on start up. Any idea why? I am using Beyond the Sword version 3.1.9

I just tried this and unfortunately it crashes for me also on startup, on BtS 3.19.

The Western Empire scenario loads OK. I couldn't find any error messages anywhere.

Any chance of getting the 500 AD map fixed so that it doesn't crash the game? It looks like a lot of fun but we can't play it

AD 500 - Justinian's Wars

I decided to give it a try and opened the file. Indeed, I found some errors, with one civilisation missing in one place and two or three a bit mixed. Nothing that could not be fixed. So I sent a private message to Art Grin who replied very kindly that he had no intention of working on this scenario any more and gave me a green light to post my revised file.

I did not change much in the original settings. I've opened it for every civilisation in it (18) and played them all, some less and some more. No further problems it seems, so try it!

It is playable as such with BtS 3.19, nothing more needed. It can be placed in the PublicMaps folder of BtS if you want to launch it from the menu but it plays also directly if you just double-click on the file.

If you have any remarks, feel free to post them, I will try to answer them as much as I can.

Enjoy the furor of Justinian!

Attachments

• 500 AD Justinians Wars.zip
    49.2 KB · Views: 283
Top Bottom