510BC - Turn Chat Instructions - Friday, November 8

Foreign Affairs

Please act according to this poll regarding the fate of the Aztecs.

I have perused the save file, and my opinion is that we need libraries in all of our newly built/conquered cities. Given that there are conflicting needs, I would recommend that libraries be built especially in our border regions. Specifically Octavinium (& Tlacopan, when we gt it ;) ), Tenochtitlan, and the Burrows (and the planned cities at A + B).

If we can get libraries in our other interior cities as well, it will help with culture and border expansion.

Note: I am recommending Libraries vs Temples, because they have greater Culture value, and are cheaper for us to build. If, during the course of play, the DP finds happiness issues that would be better addressed by Temples, he is at total liberty to change to them.

Please continue using this tech queue.... we are currently devising a new tech queue for when we get the GL.

Tech:
Lit
poly
Monarcy
Map Making

Province
Bavaria - Heroic Epic, Settler, Spearman

Other Cities
Valhalla - Settler, Swordsman, Settler
Teno - Temple, archer, settler
Octavium - temple, archer, worker
Morgana - Horseman, horesman, swordsman
Dacula - Temple,spearman, swordsman, barracks
Tlaxcala - Temple, spearman, barracks
Penquin - spearman, library, spearman, barracks
Kuhkaff - Spearman, Library, barracks
Bremershaven - Temple, settler, spearman, barracks
Strider's Haven - Temple, spearman, barracks
The Burrow - Temple, Spearman, Barracks

Once we get lit switch the temples to libraries

The game tile used by morgana switch to bavaria to help with the building of the heroic epic.

If we get a city from the aztecs in peace negotiations or continue taking them by force build spearman for defense.

Continue to build roads to connect the cities and micromanage the cities for growth purposes

Make a scientist in the city of Teno and leave it as is until it needs to be moved to tlaxcala or another city

Also Rename Teno to Eklektochtitlan

Domestic Department

Please place the first city according to the result of this poll, our second city according to the result of this poll and our third as shown by this poll.

Leave science slider as is.

Follow Fionn's gubernatorial instructions. I have delegated to him the responsibilty for cities that are without a governor in his role as domestic deputy.

Peace with Aztecs brought a map of the world. Here's the minimap:

Attachments

• minimap.jpg
    minimap.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 189
This was a 1 turn chat (oh, no!). The reason I agreed to cut it short was the large number of deals made possible by our Great Library acquisitions. We received more techs than expected (enough to bring us into the next Age) and several of them are in heavy demand by some of the AI civs.

We did receive an excellent world map which shows all of the civs' homelands. We received Tlocopan in our peace settlement and this was renamed to New Falcon's Nest, the next name on the list. Tenochtitlan was renamed to Eklektochtitlan. Aparently, Tenochtitlan was just too easy to spell. ;) I think we'll need a nicname for this city. How about EKland?

We are at peace after long last but we must not sit on our laurels. We need to evaluate the possible trades and get as much as we can for our techs. With 15 AI civs we will not have much of a window to sell them. We must build enough units to get 2 spears in each city, consolidate our assault forces, expand to fill our desired territory and build a force of horsemen. We should be able to do this in 20 turns or less.

THANK GOODNESS, I didn't see this thread till now, I was starting to wonder when Shaitan would post the next turnchat thread. Obviously I never saw it. I shall try to make sure this doesn't happen again. I'm sorry. :eek: :rolleyes: :crazyeye:

Ohh, and the Map looks like it proved worth it.

BTW Shaitan... I just looked at the save... you accidentally named "New Falcon's Nest" to "New Falcon's Rest"

Top Bottom