1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

525 bc

Discussion in 'Team Mad Scientists' started by HUSch, May 25, 2009.

1. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Now we have Barbs-Axe north and south of our land.

My suggestion is in red.

1. Should Holk1 wait or flee?
    2. Should Soc mae the same next turn?

2. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

In the south, 1 tile South from where the barb axe is(1 tile NE from horse), is a good fogbust and choke point to place an axe. He gets good defense bonus, high defogging visibility, and can stop any further invasions from the south at this point.

Is Soc a scout or a Holken or warrior? If 2move scout, he should try to sneak past barb axe to move to choke point ahead of axes. If not, he should retreat, but just 1 space ahead of barb axe -- might be called on for duty if our axe (on the way) have bad luck.

Holk1 should have slightly better than 50% chance to win a defensive battle where he is, depending on whether he has promotions and how long has been fortified could be much better than 50%. The alternative is axe who moves to city will defend with about 50% odds depending on promotion could be somewhat higher.

So it is probably best in my estimate to leave Holkan fortified while moving axe towards city to get in position to kill wounded barb ax should Holken lose.

BTW: we haven't got very many cottages. We need to start planning to settle near that river in the north and cottage the floodplains to get some commerce going.

3. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

The unit moves are ok, Soc is a Holkan with *-promotion (2XP).

For the better commerce we need also worker and an next settler for the north. Where should we build them? In Gott have we in few turns a good production with food.

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Yeah. Sounds good to me. Probably need another axe, too.:crazyeye:

5. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

It's out turn in the moment.
    I think, I 'll pause the game til Tuesday, because I 've no time now.

6. owenbevt

owenbevt Chieftain

I regon Holk1 should stay put, if a unit can't defend a forrested hill its obsolete for now anyway.

name sugestion for the city "neadname": Bletchley Park, sight of the first ever computer during ww2.

7. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

It's good, I 'll play now

8. HUSch

HUSch Secret-monger

Our Holk has won the combat against the barb injured to 60/100 and get 3 XP. But there is a next barb Ax.