542435 Points on Warlord Writeup

cabert said:
well, some are exploits (gifting poisonous cities), some are cheating (regenerate map, reloads), some are easy settings (marathon + pangea + rome!), some are just game playing (popping huts! how would that be an exploit???)

Well, if they are exploits why are they in the game? They would have been deleted before release. I think it's either a big mistake releasing a game full of exploits or they are simply not exploits.

cabert said:
I don't see the logic where because perpetual anarchy is an exploit, then sneak attack is an exploit?

Well, some people do, just as some people don't see anarchy as an exploit.

cabert said:
Obviously, everything the AI does can not be seen as an exploit. It is meant to be in the game. Some things the AI doesn't because it's the player that chooses the settings, aren't exploits, but make the game easier.
Duel maps aren't an exploit, but they are much easier than others.

So if I choose Lakes, standard, win by conquest in 10 turns because everyone started on the same island, isn't an exploit because that was the player who chose the settings? The computer generated it, the player didn't cheat. You call this not an exploit?

cabert said:
And OCC on duel map is just stupid. Duel maps are perfect for axe rush. Why would you give yourself a handicap with occ? just settle the second city on the copper!

May be you want to win by diplomacy, space race?

Kalleyao said:
Well, if they are exploits why are they in the game? They would have been deleted before release. I think it's either a big mistake releasing a game full of exploits or they are simply not exploits.

testing as limits
Moonsinger :evil: :thumbsup: found the anarchy exploit, the testers just didn't think of such a thing. And definitely there's a bug that should be removed, it should not be possible to be on perpetual anarchy:hammer2: .

Kalleyao said:
So if I choose Lakes, standard, win by conquest in 10 turns because everyone started on the same island, isn't an exploit because that was the player who chose the settings? The computer generated it, the player didn't cheat. You call this not an exploit?

no
it's just a cheap win, not worth more than a world builder win

I agree that it shouldn't be possible to be on perpetual anarchy but now that it is possible, until they fix it it's not any exploit. It's just a mistake made by the testers.

cabert said:
well, that much tweaking in the settings isn't a challenge anymore, is it?
I'm not a really a good player, and i don't need to push very far to have a challenge, but it feels stupid to tweak things just to win on higher levels.
I can just as well give me a few nukes to start with, and a few modern armors as well:rolleyes:

Still, someone posted a strategy article in these forums with these exact settings.

Worse yet, he enables permanent alliances and bases his entire strategy on making one such alliance to let the AI research for him, effectively using the AI's deity bonus to his advantage!

cabert said:
no
it's just a cheap win, not worth more than a world builder win

For me, a win is a win there's no cheap or expensive differences. As long as you use any methods you can find in the game you deserve that victory. Of course if you hack the game or use world builder to give yourself 100 modern armors is cheating.

Kalleyao said:
For me, a win is a win there's no cheap or expensive differences. As long as you use any methods you can find in the game you deserve that victory. Of course if you hack the game or use world builder to give yourself 100 modern armors is cheating.

why? a win is a win ;)

cabert said:
why? a win is a win ;)

??? :confused:

That's what I said. A win is a win no matter how what methods you use, with the exception of hacking and stuff outside the gamemechanics.

Zombie69 said:
His point is that the worldbuilder is included in the game...

OK, but I mean that after ticking no cheat mode it isn't in the game anymore.

cabert said:
the anarchy exploit ~ it should not be possible to be on perpetual anarchy:hammer2: .
It's not possible anymore...you have to wait 5 turns before revolting again

Just my opinion, but I believe the true test of how good a Civ 4 player you are is when you play against other humans instead of the AI. Whatever "exploits" you use is something that can also be used against you so it's pretty much an even playing field.

But since we're trying to define what an exploit is, this is my simple definition: an exploit is something you use that the AI doesn't. Needless to say, an exploit is only an exploit in SP.

That being said, apologies to the OP for hijacking his thread :)

guys ; it is a HoF game..i have to play the game with the rules.İ didnt use anarchy exploid and any other cheating methods.it is a fair game any one can do the same score.nothing more ,nothing less.

Very impressive, A_Turkish_Guy! While I don't enjoy the play-style required for milking I still enjoyed the write-up. You're obviously a very skilled player. Thanks for sharing your experience.

pholkhero said:
It's not possible anymore...you have to wait 5 turns before revolting again

Actually, it's still possible, but they're supposed to fix it in the next patch. Right now, you have to wait 5 turns after you go into anarchy, so if anarchy lasts 5 or more turns (possible on marathon with pyramids), you can be in perpetual anarchy. They'll fix it so it starts counting after anarchy is over, rather than after it starts.

Plutonium239 said:
Very impressive, A_Turkish_Guy! While I don't enjoy the play-style required for milking I still enjoyed the write-up. You're obviously a very skilled player. Thanks for sharing your experience.

it is always a pleasure to help Civfans.:blush: :D

Zombie69 said:
They'll fix it so it starts counting after anarchy is over, rather than after it starts.

Has that been officially said, or just rumor (I think that is a smart fix and should be implemented, just wondering if there has been any Fraxis word on it.)

Thanks for the write up, it was most useful and I'll be applying some select strategies to my own games. I like the joke in your signature. I'd translate it, but it uses a Turkish idiomatic expression that doesn't really make sense in English - suffice to say a ball means something very different in Turkish slang.

I do get the impression some of the criticisms made here have been made by individuals who want to play down another person's success, because they know they themselves would never be able to achieve such feats. Whatever excuses they use to justify not being able to match the achievements of the person they criticise, they know they couldn't be as good if they wanted to. So stop venting your frustration with your inadequacies on someone better than you, and pay attention to what he's saying...you might learn something.

A_Turkish_Guy said:
guys ; it is a HoF game..i have to play the game with the rules.İ didnt use anarchy exploid and any other cheating methods.it is a fair game any one can do the same score.nothing more ,nothing less.

I didn't mean to say you cheated. If that's what you understood, i apologize.
My best personnal score is 57000 (don't remember exactly) and i can only dream of a better score, since i got it by copying a write-up. Not even my own strategy!
So, congratulations on your very impressive score.:goodjob:

Top Bottom