1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

5CC on Emperor

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by Archbob, May 14, 2004.

1. Archbob

Archbob Ancient CFC Guardian

So after beating Monarch by cultral victory(non-5cc), I decided to try the 5CC on emperor, and its insanely hard. The middle ages kill me everytime, I fall so behind in tech(like 3 or 4) and I can't trade cause everyone else has the same thing. Persueing war isn't even an option as everyone else is much more powerful than me. GL has expired due to education and it just doesn't seem to work. All my cities are size 12 at the moment with libraries and Universities but I still can't win.

Playing on huge map by the ways.

2. bingen

bingen Prince

Perhaps you should beat Emperor non5cc first? Or try with a smaller mapsize(this can be easier, but not always).

The key is to get the Great Library. Sell the techs you get from it. When Education comes in you should have thousands of gold. After that it is a question of proper trading to get out of the Middle Ages. Hopefully you are scientific and can get a slingshot effect on the start of the Industrial Age. Then the Theory of Evolution should carry you through the rest of the Industrial age (along with clever trading). Build the UN and hopefully bag the game.

3. DS_Legionary

DS_Legionary King

My suggetion would be try it on a tiny map. With over less enemy cities, would hopefully mean less powerful enemies. After you beat this a few times move up to world sizes as you see fit.