• Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Kaleb

Deity
Here's current situation:
Spoiler :

We will finish researching Hunting in 3 turns and need to decide on our next tech.

Options people have suggested so far are:
1) Pottery (for granaries and cottages)
2) Animal Husbandry (to reveal horses and farm sheep)
3) Archery (to let us shoot pointy things at nasty people)
4) Mysticism (to help work out why we are here at all)

If we do the following build order:
  • Complete settler
  • Found city in N. forest
After one turn of building a settler we will be able to choose our 5th tech..

If after chopping we road the corn the settler can settles the north spot in 3 turns, otherwise 4. Settling the 2nd city immediately gives us +4 (2 from tiles, 2 from trade)

Tech times for the 4 main choices are: Potter = 5, AH = 7, Archery = 4, and Mysticism = 4

(Building the 2nd city takes 1 turn off the tech times of all techs but pottery, which remains at 5 turns. The times above include this already.)

After chopping the settler, completing the warrior will take 1 turn, after which we can build another warrior/scout in 1 turn or a workboat in 3.

Voting will take same format as before, if there is no clear winner we will have a run off. If you want to vote 'other' please state which one and why

Since we went hunting it makes sense now to go AH..maybe get horse and be ready to improve sheep at third city...if no horse we will need archery..

I vote AH.

We won't be building/working any cottages for at least the next 10 turns and we need to see if there are nearby horses.

While archery would help with barbs - our rivals have anti archer UUs I am disinclined to research it unless we have to.

Mysticism is helpful for the monuments but our 2nd city wont need that to access its gold and wheat. Our third city won't be built for 10+ turns and we still have not explored enough to know where it will be built. Therefore this can also wait.

I went with AH too, we need to see if there are any horses around.

AH makes sense now, as we need the resource plan to make a good game plan.

I was thinking - what about going for an early religion. We know that the other religious teams are not going for an early religion for one of the reasons that I stated earlier. We could go Mysticism and see if any of the religions are taken and if not we go for it and if so then we can at least build monuments.

Jeff

Kaleb, please make future polls show who voted what, or no one here can verify if someone redecides or not.

From a purely defensive perspective the most logical technology to research first is Archery. The earliest UU is a Holkan and in the absence of a Copper mine, and hence Axemen, the best defence is an Archer. Chariots would not be very good against Holkans. For Immortals the best defence is a Chariot - the only advantage the Immortal has is a 10% withdrawal chance - but Immortals come later.

Archery only takes four turns. We would get Archers into production long before Chariots, which would require at the very least a Pasture on a Horse resource if not another city. We would hardly need to produce Warriors. Also, Archers would be more successful against animals and Barb Warriors.

It would be nice if we were to have a discussion before putting a decision to a vote so that we have the opportunity to express our views and explore the advantages and disadvantages before commiting ourselves.

Kaleb, please make future polls show who voted what, or no one here can verify if someone redecides or not.

I was supposed to in this one like I have for all the others. Just a little mistake this time.

It would be nice if we were to have a discussion before putting a decision to a vote so that we have the opportunity to express our views and explore the advantages and disadvantages before commiting ourselves.

We have already been discussing pros and cons in the main tactics thread and people can discuss votes in this thread as well. If people want to wait until the discussion is over the can wait until right before the vote closes before casting their vote. We do also accept people changing their votes. At least this way it is clearer what the actual consensus is. If no one option has 51% or more then it also goes to a 2-way runoff vote.

I was thinking - what about going for an early religion. We know that the other religious teams are not going for an early religion for one of the reasons that I stated earlier. We could go Mysticism and see if any of the religions are taken and if not we go for it and if so then we can at least build monuments.

I would still prefer to focus on growth as the happiness cap isn't a big issue right now. Maybe once we have the gold and have some cottages started we could give the religious techs more consideration. Especially as that's also the quickest route to confucianism.

At least we also know that no-one is beelining for Oracle...

Top Bottom