1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6/29: Official Podcast Episode Three

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by 2K Greg, Jun 29, 2010.

1. 2K Greg

2K Greg <span style="font-weight:bold; text-decoration: un

2. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

Anyone mind posting the full transcript here? Thanks!

Thanks for the rss feed Greg, I can listen to that on my phone :) just can't read the transcript. Thanks for that though!

3. Col Kurtz

Col Kurtz Warlord

These podcasts are really enjoyable to listen to. So far, they haven't really revealed a lot of new gameplay information or anything, but they really help to give a broader impression of how the game will play and what it will feel like. Though I suspect when we get closer to release, we'll get more gameplay informative segments, such as ones on MP and stuff.

4. sumit1207

sumit1207 Prince

From the link above.

5. Tylerryan79

Tylerryan79 Emperor

Thanks! I want to see a picture of Elizabeth, I wonder if she's good looking?

Edit- through the magic of google I found one! I always pictured her as a long curly haired brunette..... She's short and blonde :). O well....

6. sumit1207

sumit1207 Prince

Is her real hair color that inconclusive? She was a redhead in civ4...

Sooo, I take it civ leaders have defeat messages (and not just moods after losing a city or something) a la FFH, which is fantastic.

7. cccv

cccv King

He was referring to 2K Elizabeth.

Sounds like Monty will be fun again. Or, possibly frustrating if he's actually competent this time. It also sounds like Ghandi will be a pushover, easily steamrolled. Too bad. I guess nonviolent resistance won't be very effective against a stampede of Cossacks =o

8. civ_king

civ_king Deus Caritas Est

OMG I listened to this and 99 Luftballons came to mind

9. The_J

The_J Say No 2 Net Validations Retired Moderator Supporter

2000 bones?
    I guess Ekmek will vomit after he read this :D.

After reading the part about Gandhi, that he shoud appear strong and mighty, i directly thought they should take again a look at Augustus, but that was directly the next thing they mentioned :lol:. He looks like an arrogant...er...i guess i can't say this here.
    In game, if he's weak he'll be just a pain and sure the first one to be extincted, because he's just annoying :D.

Oh, and interesting that so many persons work at the leaders.
    Looking at the styles i thought it would be maybe 3 different persons. Good work for the style, is partially really consistent :goodjob:.

10. Ahriman

Ahriman Tyrant

No offense but.... the music? The leader animations?

These aren't really the most interesting subjects for official podcasts. There are many other factors (eg the design philosophy) that we'd be more interested in hearing about.

11. 2K Greg

All in good time :)

We have a podcast planned for every week until release; they will cover a large variety of subjects!

12. Drakesden

Drakesden Chieftain

Thanks for putting up the RSS feed, Greg! I'm trapped on a plane tomorrow, but it's nice to know I can spend some of the time listening to the podcasts. Keep 'em coming!

13. Hank Fluba

Hank Fluba Chieftain

In case 2KGreg comes back, the link to the podcast is up in the iTunes store but it isn't working. The store says the link is invalid. Anyone else having this issue?

14. CivRulez07

CivRulez07 Warlord

Nope. It's working fine for me

15. 2K Greg

16. es4

es4 Chieftain

I like the insight on the aesthetic part of it. Besides, I'm guessing the art style is a lot more stable right now than some other areas of the game are.

I just wish the voice-overs between questions weren't so jarringly separate from the rest of the interview.

17. Hank Fluba

Hank Fluba Chieftain