6-7 New Beta Version

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by Gazebo, Jun 7, 2021.

1. looorg

looorg Prince

It's not only workers, I think it's Settlers to. So it's probably all civilian units that you build, or?

2. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Settlers are normal, that just a reversion from the change from last version. The workers are new though....but I'm not entirely opposed to it.

3. Abros

Abros Chieftain

Unfortunately, a game-breaking bug in "CP only", which occured for the first time with patch 5/28, also occurs with 6/7-5. Around turn 280, the social policies screen becomes inaccessible.

I've updated the bug report on Github.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    Chaste likes this.
  4. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

link to installer doesn't work

5. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

found it

6. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

very strange, using some modmods as always, even less of them, trying this beta first time, can't choose production in initial city, queue is empty

7. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

after 2 reinstallation looks working

8. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

seems that this beta has problem with IGE
    8930_20210624025256_1.png

9. Erikose

Erikose Chieftain

read somewhere here that if you try it a few times it'll work. hope it helps!

10. YoullPay4ThisInTime

YoullPay4ThisInTime Chieftain

Hey, is Sweden supposed to have a doppelganger capital that share damage, stats and pretty much everything ? Because if not that has to be the weirdest bug I've seen in this game.
    wut.jpg

Latest hotfix btw

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
  11. InkAxis

InkAxis King

I saw that reported on github, it should be fixed for the next version I think

Recursive likes this.
  12. Snipergw

Snipergw Warlord

Alright, I'd hoped someone else would bring this up since I'm hardly the most articulate person, but I've seen nothing so here it goes.

This was discussed briefly on the Discord a few days ago, but only in passing: Espionage, and the playing of VP in multiplayer. The new Espionage system looks really good. I haven't had the chance to try it yet, I had some issues installing with the recent versions and I've been busy, but I like how it looks, I like the feedback I've heard and I really like the potential it has. What I don't like is the Events system, and how it is unusable in Multiplayer due to causing desyncs.

I think there needs to be a conversation about this issue. Is it possible to remove the logic of events (whatever that may be) that causes desyncs? I assume not, since Events have been broken in MP since they came out and although the VP contributor who focused on MP has been missing for a long time, others have taken swings at improving MP stability now and then.

If it isn't, the decision has to be made: a better Espionage system, or continued Multiplayer support? Unlike a mostly for-flavor Events system, Espionage is too key to disable. I don't think the amount of people who desire to play VP MP is very large, but they pop up here and on Reddit from time to time. I don't really have any input on the decision itself, but if the system is prioritized, I think note should be made that it's now MP incompatible on the main release page, whenever that includes the new system, and on the Modpack page, to avoid confusion and useless desync reports.

Chaste likes this.
  13. Stalker0

Stalker0 Baller Magnus

Just to confirm, you are talking specifically about the spy events, and not events in general? I ask because general events are not required to use the new spy system, and can be turned off.

14. Snipergw

Snipergw Warlord

The spy events also cause the same desyncs as normal events, as far as I'm aware (from chatting with a guy who tried a new version modpack on Discord)

15. Recursive

Recursive Radiating Doom At Ten Times The Background Level Moderator

Yeah, this was fixed for next version. It's caused by settling in a plot you already own.

YoullPay4ThisInTime likes this.
  16. AndreyK

AndreyK Prince

looks like difficulty this beta is up, at least AI bonuses in immortal looks up, by Classical era they have 16-18 techs and I have 10
    before I was behind at that time by 4-5 techs, not 8

17. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

Hmm I am having the same problem with the installer as mentioned earlier in the thread, but with the 6-7-5 version. I dont have any mods and no prior version of CPP installed on this computer, the MODS folder is empty. any ideas?

18. Floats your boat

Floats your boat Chieftain

Maybe delete the whole Sid Meier's Civilization folder from My Games, then go to game once, to see the main menu, then try installing again. It will clear everything. I always do that, never had any problems. You will have to set settings again.

19. Heinz_Guderian

Heinz_Guderian Warlord

No, that doesnt work either :/

20. duwy

duwy Chieftain

Hi!

We're experiencing a lot of desnycs and crashes in multiplayer with the latest beta version. We tried the method mentioned in another thread (the host starts a game with AI players, saves, then invites the others in the AI spots), but in this case, the invited players can't change the difficulty (it's locked on prince). Is there any way to change this? We want all humans on emperor.