6 new units

korvgubben

Chieftain
I made six new units, icluded in a mod (but you can copy and paste the XML files and the art into your own game). Contains all the buttons, and civilopedia in english and in french. Feel free to translate into other languages!

Some already know the sniper units but I talk about it anyway!

Sniper units : (screenshot on sniper thread)

Sniper : invisible/ 1-2 first strikes/ strength : 18 / Evolves into modern sniper

Modern sniper : invisible / 1-2 first strikes/strength : 22

United Nations units :

UN Modern Armor
UN mechanized infantry
UN Gunship
UN Marine

The UN units are the same as the normal units but they are more expensive, they require United Nation, but they don't provoque war when entering a foreign territory. Useful if you want to reach an ennemy through a country you don't have or want to have a treaty with!!

Here is the mod
http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/Furtive_Mod_v0.2.zip

Screenshot! The problem is that the UN on the chopper appear as a mirror on the other side. I don't think we can change that but if anyone knows... tell me!

Attachments

• ununits0000.JPG
    ununits0000.JPG
    131.2 KB · Views: 6,540
WOW that is so cool! I especially like the helicopter and the UN soldiers... these would look great in a modern mod. Excellent work korvgubben!

it would be great if someone could add "declare war on _____" in the UN votes
and this war voted by members would be done with those units...

Good work! I love the blue helmets! Can anyone build them after the un is built, or can only the person with the UN?

Oh yes, btw, the backwards UN on the copter is for other copters flying away, looking in there rearveiw mirro, you know how on ambulances they spell Amublance on the front?

Good work! I love the blue helmets! Can anyone build them after the un is built, or can only the person with the UN?

I actually have no idea but when I'll have a moment I'll test it. But I think everyone can build it, like ICBM when there is Project Manhattan

Oh yes, btw, the backwards UN on the copter is for other copters flying away, looking in there rearveiw mirro, you know how on ambulances they spell Amublance on the front?

Off course, why didn't I think about that earlier???!!!???!!!

korvgubben said:
I made six new units, icluded in a mod (but you can copy and paste the XML files and the art into your own game). Contains all the buttons, and civilopedia in english and in french. Feel free to translate into other languages!

Screenshot! The problem is that the UN on the chopper appear as a mirror on the other side. I don't think we can change that but if anyone knows... tell me!

ok this is a great mod but i found a problem with it can you please tell me how to fix it, the problem is my flags (i'm england) are red as you can see in the screen shot :(

Try to see the XML files to see if there is a flag tag and switch it to 1 if it's 0 or to 0 if it's 1.
Otherwise try to see if there is this tag in an other file. I'm sorry but I didn't get this error.
I'm not at home now so if you wait until monday I can check this better!

its ok now thanks in xml under Civ4ArtDefines_civilizations went to england and it said

<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/England.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,7,5</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>
</CivilizationArtInfo>
<CivilizationArtInfo>

it was missing st george flag as you'll see i changed it to

<Type>ART_DEF_CIVILIZATION_ENGLAND</Type>
<Button>,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civilizations/England.dds,Art/Interface/Buttons/Civics_Civilizations_Religions_Atlas.dds,7,5</Button>
<Path>Art/Interface/TeamColor/FlagDECAL_StGeorgeCross.dds</Path>
<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>
</CivilizationArtInfo>
<CivilizationArtInfo>

this fixed the problem
by the way really good mod one of the best for sure :)

Are you working on the cruise missile as in civi 3? if not will you bring the cruise missile back for me i would love to have it but i have no idea how to do it :(

can't wait to use the sniper :) on monty lmao

hey just been messing round testing out the UN units and with them you can start a war without having the un units kicked out of the city space so now i can suprise attack any city (down side AI can do it to me too) did make a change to the mech inf tho so it can carry 5 un marines LOL oh and the sniper is now visable didn't like the way the AI killed me :( lol

Ok... Like the units, however, I need to find a way to ONLY allow the civ that built the UN the ability to use them. NOT everyone. Ideas?

jjkrogs said:
Ok... Like the units, however, I need to find a way to ONLY allow the civ that built the UN the ability to use them. NOT everyone. Ideas?

Find this line for each unit <PrereqBuilding>NONE</PrereqBuilding> and change the NONE to BUILDING_UNITED_NATIONS. This will make it so only the city with the UN building can build the troops.:D

That's a good thing. I thought about doing this but then, maybe the game is unbalanced : if you manage to build UN first, you're sure to win any war : place all you units aroound the ennemi cities, then declare war, attack and win in only one turn.
A bit too easy, even if it's more realistic concerning the process to build those units! I think everyone can choose!

Hey Korv you thought about doing a UN transport too?

To others: If your thinking about getting this mod do it cuz its great!! It brings back the fun into civi 4. you'll love the fact the AI can suprise you at anytime. The way civi used to be. Keeps me on my toes

Hey Korv you thought about doing a UN transport too?

To others: If your thinking about getting this mod do it cuz its great!! It brings back the fun into civi 4. you'll love the fact the AI can suprise you at anytime. The way civi used to be. Keeps me on my toes

I didn't think about making a UN transport but as you seem to like those kind of units and you like to be surprised, I can tell you that I made a caravan unit (three camels and their guides out of ancient merchant skin) that can transport three units for three movments. It works like the transport but on land and it appears quit early in the game but I didn't do the reskin yet : I'm curently working on Shqype's Albanian UU and on a new civ of mine that just requires the reskin of the UU.
Though, if you want, I can make my caravan evolve into UN transport, if I fing a nice skin.

Top Bottom