1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6 Seafood start

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Jerrymander, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Jerrymander

Jerrymander Epistemologist

Uh....

I can export the save to worldbuilder if anyone wants to play this joke of a start.

2. bakshi

bakshi Prince

And your dutch. Post the WB I wouldn't mind playing it. I figure settle in place and start with some workboats then worker and settler.

3. Jerrymander

Yes, well.

I found out that Huge Archipelago maps are tedious.

4. Wlauzon

Wlauzon Prince

Huge anything maps are usually tedious, and near the end the game crashes far too often from the memory overflow errors that have remained unfixed for years.

Though I would like to play them, I find that anything bigger than Large maps is just too much of a drag after about 1000 AD.

5. CHEESE!

CHEESE! On a long nostalgia trip

Who'dha thunk?

Let's get TMIT's opinion on this. I hear he loves them.

6. Jerrymander

Civilization IV has never crashed for me.

Maybe I should have said "more tedious than normal". :p

7. bakshi

bakshi Prince

jerry post the save if you still have it.

8. Jerrymander

I would, but I realized I rolled this with lock modified assets on, meaning I can't export it to worldbuilder.

However! This start is very easy to recreate, simply start an Archipelago map. Chances are you'll start with a lot of ocean and little land, meaning the start position algorithm puts a ton of seafood on.

9. TheMeInTeam

TheMeInTeam Top Logic

Better than garbage & small.

When I get tossed crapmap micro intense situations, I usually cough up one of those sub 2 hour (sometimes sub 1 hour) culture wins and move on.

10. Dhoomstriker

Dhoomstriker Girlie Builder

Maybe you are like me and got excited to play this map, only to find out that it was not available for download.

Well, are you interested in playing a map similar to this one, with a lot of seafood Resources but with less of an immediate land connection?

Maybe you don't want to play it, but you have a strategy that might work well that you'd like to share with others?

If either of those cases apply to you, go and check out the Pre-game Discussion for Civ4 GOTM (Game of the Month) 53, which has even more seafood Resources to whet your lips! It's played in Civ4 Vanilla, though, not Beyond the Sword, so no Sid's Sushi.

Here are a couple of related GOTM links to the rules and such, in case you have never played a GOTM before:
    Welcome to the C-IV Game of the Month
    Game of the Month: Summary and Overview

11. Ryuujin

Ryuujin Chieftain

This one isn't quite 6 seafood, though the starting position is probably stronger overall.

Pericles/Pangea/Marathon/Large/Monarch

Having played through to the Renaissance Era so far, I can say that getting Sid's Sushi on this map will be insane.

Attached Files: