1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

+60 Achievements in BNW?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Ryoga

Ryoga King

It would be an evil marketing maneuver though.

"You want to complete every single achievement of BNW? Great! Now you need to buy G&K even though it only gives you 8 civs and a few luxuries (oh and it comes with even more achievements)"

2. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

scenarios* not luxuries,

3. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

There were luxuries in G&K, but I suspect they were included.

4. jddods

jddods Prince

Checking every day, still not updated.
    Not long till you Mexicans can play, so guess I'll just carry on knocking off win as Mongol, Inca and Denmark , so I can finish non BNW civs.
    Oh wait that's right the patch bugged the win as achievements ....
    Lucky senario achievements are rumoured to work.
    JD

5. shmily_dana

shmily_dana Warlord

They are up now. I was on my way out the door, so I did not have time to paste them here.

6. pedropavani

pedropavani Warlord

They are on now, and Venice got a "The Great Betrayal" one, which, I wonder what you need to do to unlock... I kinda lost the link to the XML file :<

And yep, found it, kinda what I had in mind: "As Venice, capture the Holy City of the religion that the city of Venice follows."

Odd enough, with the schism stuff, Venice wound't get that if they conquered Constantinople on a "realistic" map. Oh well, Rome is close enough to the coast I guess :p

7. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

The Great Betrayal sounds fun! :D Great that they went with that instead of a generic "have 20 trade routes in one game" or something! :p

Sacagawea's Legacy seems to be "Find 5 Ancient Ruins in one game" (with the same Pathfinder? I'm not sure - where can I find the XML file you are talking about?)

Then we have The Great Spirit ("Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Pocatello") and Queen of the Adriatic ("Beat the game on any difficulty setting as Enrico Dandolo")... Queen? :confused: Enrico Dandolo is not even King, he's Doge! :confused:

8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Queen refers to the city, not Enrico.

9. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

... D'OH! :lol:
    Didn't think about that! :p

I guess i got confused because some (most?) of those refer to the leader, and not the civilization (see "King of the Wisent", "Wanna Be the King of the Zulus", "King of the Mountain", "Defender of the Faith", "Silent No More", "Dancer, Actress, Empress, Victor"...)

10. Kruppe

Kruppe Chieftain

Queen of the Adriatic is another name of Venice, like Serenissima (or also Dominante)

11. TheMarshmallowBear

I can't help but think that Venice's Unique Achievement (btw, when are we going to get Siam's Unique Achievement?) is gonig to require you to buy a city state off somebody who's allied to it that you have a DoF with.

12. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

Please refer to this post:
    :)
    Besides, wouldn't that kinda tip-toe over Portugal's (What's Yours is Mine - Build a Feitoria in a city-state allied with someone else)? :p
    Would make for a rather boring Achievement...

13. TheMarshmallowBear

Haha, my bad, didn't notice the original post was edited.

14. Tinker

Tinker Prince

Hey, it's 2013, we have no right to criticize Enrico for what he does in his spare time.

15. ragan651

ragan651 High Regent of Candlewick

I suppose this means I need to update the guide...