1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

+60 Achievements in BNW?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by TheMarshmallowBear, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

These are artifacts not great works of art - this will come from stuff like a city state fighting a barbarian for example. And you do not need to invade the city state to get them - you just send an archeologist into their territory to dig it up.

By the way, this also destroys the theory that Morocco is a civilization - because the theory came solely from a reference to a Moroccan artifact from an earlier battle - which simply could be a reference to Marakesh (city state).

2. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

Not necessarily. That argument has been raised before, but it begs the question - why then couldn't they have just said it was a city-state's warrior, or Marrakesh's warrior? There was an explicit reference to Morroco which is way too big to be a city state proper.

At worst, it still leaves the question of Morocco vague and uncertain.

3. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

This effectively means that the chance of Morocco being in should be evaluated on the same level as whether Italy or Iroquis are in - there is nothing so far which makes Morocco more likely - so this should not be included in the first post.

4. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Well the Iroquois are in so perhaps not on that level :lol:

5. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

The first post has nothing to do with Morocco. I assume you mean the "What We Know" thread - even there, Morrocco has a bunch of question marks next to it, anyways, meaning its inclusion is dubious. Howver, unlike the Iroqouis, who are already in vanilla Civ5, or Italy, which hasn't been mentioned at all, Morocco was mentioned. It's questionable, sure, and the context is not 100% certain, but that's why the question marks are there in the first place.

6. Civciv5

Civciv5 Grand Emperor

Indonesia could fit between Brazil and Poland.
    I'd rather see Indonesia in then Italy. More people also seem to support Indonesia.
    And if there is no Asian civ at all I will be extremely disappointed.

7. Uberfrog

Uberfrog Deity

As ever, the names are quite inspired :).

The selective nature of what's been revealed makes it look like a deliberate leak to me. Which makes me wonder if they've only revealed Scramble civs that won't be full civs in the game? Unless it's a cheeky double-bluff, of course.

8. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Remember that they're going to reveal new info later today. It could be that they're so lenient with Italy simply because they're going to do a full, official unveiling in about twelve hours. :U

9. Montov

Montov King

There is a new civ closely linked to a new resource. Maybe the unknown promotion (besides the direct civ-related promotions) has something to do with the new resource? It could be a resource toed to an ideology and/or culture.

10. cybrxkhan

cybrxkhan Asian Xwedodah

I'd forgotten about that!

Does anyone see any of the achievements possibly hinting at a resource?

11. alpha2117

alpha2117 Prince

There is a mystery one after British Invasion and before Radio Free Europe which is not a victory or standard UA style as it's in the wrong spot. It could be anything really but clearly has been hidden either because it connects directly to one of the 4 new civs or a surprise mechanic element yet to be revealed. Could relate to a new resource.

12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

While I'd rather see Italy than Venice, I'd definitely rather see Indonesia than Vietnam (although ideally both would be good)... so I'm hoping for Indonesia, Morocco, Venice and Sioux, although I'm now expecting Italy, Morocco, Vietnam and Sioux :(

13. Tinker

Tinker Prince

So, the Boers are in the Scramble for Africa campaign? I don't really see them becoming their own civ, so I'm guessing they could be a renamed Netherlands.

Also yeah, there's a good argument to be found here for the non-inclusion of Italy and Belgium, unless they decide to reveal them as Civs very soon. EDIT: Belgium is definitely out, as there's nothing between Assyria and Brazil alphabetically.

14. Captain Fargle

Captain Fargle Prince

They can't be a renamed Netherlands because that would require BNW to include the Dutch, which we know isn't the case. If one of the other leaders is going to be filling in for them it has to be either a Vanilla leader or one of the new ones. Pedro maybe?

15. anandus

anandus Errorist

16. JSMCAG

JSMCAG King

Part of me is really sad there isn't a "What is the capital of Assyria?" achievement... :sad: It could be something really weird like: "As Assyria, retake your original capital from a civilization that previously conquered it, and gain a free technology from it" :lol:
    But great to know the new achievements - now if only we could see the icons *wink wink nudge nudge*... :mischief:

17. Oridan

Oridan Chieftain

:lol: Hahaha, I remember that thread! This gives me a sneaking suspicion that Firaxis do in fact read these forums.

And I just decided what my first game of BNW will be: Science victory with Poland.

18. Arachnofiend

Arachnofiend Perturbed Pugilist

Alternatively, it's another culture achievement entitled "Rock the Kasbah".

19. Martinus

Martinus Emperor

Well, to be honest, I have seen this suggestion made in many other places as well - it was kinda inevitable - but I am happy to see this in. :D

20. Bakspatel

Bakspatel Prince

Sure they can, just for the scenario. Just add the leader theme and colours and you've got enough stuff to work on.