1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

60 Day Patch

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Timothy001, Dec 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JacquesBquick

JacquesBquick Chieftain

Yeah, they're really shooting themselves in the foot here not releasing something for Deluxe edition people before christmas. My fault absolutely for assuming, but I did trust that I'd get my money's worth from the company, they seemed very dedicated to delivering a good product. If I had to guess they got to release day overwhelmed with the number of problems that still needed to be fixed in terms of missing features, bad bugs, uniquely bad AI, not to mention the expected swath of balance adjustments they knew they'd be working on. I think its a distinct possibility they intended to deliver the first of four DLC packs before the holidays/by now, but ran out of time because the release day product was so...unfinished that its knocked everything back.

Don't get me wrong I think the 30 day patch was a good indicator that they are listening and working hard. I'm enjoying the product despite its many flaws...for now. But Firaxis has lost any trust I had that I was making a good investment getting the Deluxe edition and preordering for the Aztec bonus. Two months in and I'm still waiting on the additional content I've paid for. Again, my fault for being willing to do so without seeing a calendar or schedule. I think they could do a lot of good simply by releasing a 6 monthish road map and development plan to show that they actually intend to deliver the product within a particular time frame. I know that reopens a can of worms in terms of arguing over communicating with fans and working on the game as if the two are in a mutually exclusive zero-sum death match with each other, but it is what it is. Really, really bad public relations and I'm sorry I allowed myself to be taken :/

oedali and Franz69 like this.
  2. player1 fanatic

player1 fanatic Fanatic

Getting patch so close near Chrismas is really bad idea. If soneting big breaks there will be no time to fix it until next year.

And no, games are not that important to pay developers and QA for overtime during holidays.

3. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Don't get worked up yet. There's still tomorrow and Thursday, and the Fall Patch came out at 9pm Eastern. So that may be their thing now.

4. _ViKinG_

_ViKinG_ BERSERKER

I really thought that they would release the sdk, workshop with dlc and patch before christmas. its getting close now and i dont think we will get all this.

5. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

This is 110 percent how I feel. Two months and nothing I paid my extra $20.00 bucks worth. I will be quite upset if the only DLC is the Aztecs in January. Especially since I already got it by PRE-ordering.

To be honest, I would be happy now atleast with a timeline or a plan for my dlc I paid for. If they say, hey it will start in January and everything will be done by March. Okay, sucks I have to wait but ATLEAST I know whats going on. I check this damn board each day hoping for my DLC.

6. cakes

cakes Prince

I thought we were close but Firaxis just up and walked out of my life. I can't bring myself to trust another games company ever again.

7. Cerilis

Cerilis Not Warlord

Keep your cool guys, you are getting your DLCs and I'm pretty sure that will be soon. Geez, I can't believe one can be such a crybaby over this. <.<

8. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

For me its not about being a "crybaby." Its about a certain level of expectations from Civ 5. If you look at the previous games, We had one DLC, Babylon and in a week later we had a map pack and another DLC came shortly after that. Also, we knew about a week in advance when it was coming. Now, people say we still have time but it seems doubtful to me. If we had DLC we would have an announcement by now. TBH, I think its going to be January with the holidays. But, again for me its the Lack of communication.

JacquesBquick likes this.
  9. jollywonk

jollywonk Chieftain

This is my guess too. I've been amazed at the silence from Firaxis and can only dream of them actually communicating their goals and vision. They must have bugs and issues that aren't easy to fix or just a function of how many hours they spend on them.

10. Gumbolt

Gumbolt Phoenix Rising

Or they simply follow a standard patch time line? They can't just randomly put out patches each few weeks. I assume they would be testing any patch before it goes out. I think patch is 3-4 weeks off here.

11. Mustakrakish

Mustakrakish In 'Node' We Trust

Oh wow, just chill dudes. You'll get your free DLC... no one promised you exactly when.

12. GMO

GMO Warlord

Patch is starting

13. mudblood

mudblood Warlord

Poland Civilization & Scenario Pack
    Vikings Scenario Pack

14. oedali

oedali King

Are you guys serious??

In Asia time zone it's morning here now I have to wait till evening to play... At least I have all day at work to read this forum and see what is posted :)

15. genuinesmile29

genuinesmile29 Chieftain

Can't find patch notes anywhere....

16. Council 13

Council 13 Chieftain

For the cry babies - patch is downloading.

17. Zuizgond

Zuizgond Prince

Still unfinished product 2 months after release. Firaxis is just a joke.

18. genuinesmile29

genuinesmile29 Chieftain

Has anyone seen any news anywhere on what's in this patch?

19. tekjunkie28

tekjunkie28 Prince

no notes but .56 is the new version

20. oedali

oedali King

That means at least there IS a patch, right??

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.