• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

600 AD Dye in Europe? (etc.)

Thonnas

Warlord
I hadn't really noticed this until the other night, but the Dye in England and France that spawn in 450 are not included in the 600ad scenario. By design, or slip of the mind?

Also, it seems that the AI puts excessive importance on the techs of Paper and Civil Service (perhaps due to the embassies?). I decided to forgo CS, expecting to be able to trade for it, but when pretty much everyone had it and most were a few techs past but no one would even entertain offers I figured it wasn't going to happen.

And I thought AI civ attitudes towards Independents wasn't supposed to cause grief. I always seem to get the "You declared war on our friends" message from someone when I've taken Rome. (It usually seems to be one of the Asian civs.)

Lastly, what's with "Sorry, it's out of our hands," message regarding vassalage (no other civs even contacted).

Lastly, what's with "Sorry, it's out of our hands," message regarding vassalage (no other civs even contacted).

I believe you need to hit the Medieval age (I think, or it might be the next age) before a distant civ can become a vassal. That may not be the only reason that message shows up, though.

well, I have seen the "your land is too far away" or how ever it goes, so that would seem to be something different (or maybe not, I dunno).

Civil Service is probably not tradeable because of AI tech monger attitude. IIRC, over half of the players need to have a certain tech before the AI will trade it. (This is assuming you hit the proper friendliness threshold). Since we have 22ish teams active at any given time, at least 13 civs will need to know a tech before they trade it away under normal circumstances. Abnormal ones include AI personality (India, Mali and Inca), Vassals/Masters and an absurdly high number of relation +'s.

Also, certain techs have a higher value for the AI. Civil service being one of them.

Declaring war on indies won't give you a diplo hit.

The vassal question is not related to RFC.

Top Bottom