660 AD: To celebrate or not to celebrate

Should we continue celebrating ?

• A1. Continue celebrating for 2-4 turns by setting luxuries to 60%; then follow the 660 AD poll (reco

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • A2. End the celebrations now

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B1. Temporarily support LC's settler from Dou so LC can grow (recommended)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • B2. Do not support LC's settler from Dou

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

TheViking

The world is not enough
A very short poll this time, just to confirm that we should continue celebrating for 2-4 more turns (depending on exactly when the celebrations run out of steam) per the 660 AD poll. I strongly recommend this.

By increasing luxuries to 60% (and later maybe to 70-80%), working ocean squares in some cities and rush buying a few improvements we can afford now we can get all of our size 3+ cities (possible exception: VM) to celebrate. This will get many of these to size 8 and a few maybe to 9-10 because next turn we'll get some $$ from delivering a caravan to the Zulus for which we can rush buy some aqueducts.

In addition to the 'celebration poll' I'm asking whether to temporarily support LC's settler from Dou because LC can't grow. Making the SSC support settlers is usually a bad idea but since this is only temporary and Dou can't grow until we discover sanitation this seems a sensible thing to do.

When this all ends we'll probably set luxuries to as low as possible, maximize science and build lots of caravans. Sending a few settlers to our colonies to found additional cities will probably also be a high priority, doing so is much easier when our core cities are big.

The science ministry supports the continuation of celebrations for a few more turns. The ministry is willing to support the high luxury rates necessary, so long as they do not jeopardize the science needs outlined in the recent science plan. Approximately 20-30% science rate is likely to be needed going from 680 - 720. This should allow as much as 70% luxuries but may require deficit spending to accomodate both our ministries' goals. This should not pose a problem as my plan should produce about 1000g (most of which will be available for the domestic advisor to spend ;) ) from trade deliveries during these turns.

It would benefit the Science plan if Viking Mine were to continue growing as well because of the delivery of copper to dou scheduled for 700ad. VM can celebrate at 60% with one worker on the mountain, one on fish and the rest in the ocean :)

The science ministry strongly disagrees with the rehoming of the LC settler to Dou. Most importantly, the shield support will drop Doughnutia below 10 shields when at maximum trade. This will result in many wasted shields and much more costly IPRBs in Doughnutia. Furthermore Doughnutia's food surplus should be reserved for emergency situations and the periodic hiring of Einsteins to boost beaker production.

The Science ministry sees the benefits of growing LC, but the cost of doing so during the current celebrations is too high. However, I believe the Barbarians Suck settler should go directly to LC when it is completed. This way, LC should get enough settler work by the time the next celebrations occur to be in a position to grow again at that time.

I agree on continuing celebrations a little while longer. Right now, Dou has no food surplus (or at least shouldn't have), and another settler would mean that we'd lose some arrows instead, because we'd have to reorganize workers.

MoDA (Ministry of Domestic Affairs) agrees with the science ministry's comments above, including not rehoming LC's caravan in Dou since the domestic advisor has changed his mind about that since voting :D.

This assumes that we will get a trade bonus next turn (the only thing that could prevent that would be a sneak attack from the AI - not very likely).

Top Bottom