6ofM Top 3

Codenaugh

Chieftain
I read somewhere that you would be recognizing the top 3 people who play and submit each Game of the Month within the correct windows of time. What constitutes being closer to the top... highest score or least number of turns?

As with Civ5 GotM, we count the least number of turns as the winner as we consider the fastest finish to generally be the better played game, no milking for score. As we moved along in Civ5 GotM, we also began posting the highest scores and I think we will continue to do that in the 6otM series. So, I guess both have bragging rights. :)

Currently score is not modified at all by victory date, it is mainly determined by how many cities you have, total amount of districts built and total population, with some small bonus from Great People and wonders. To get a high score, you should delay your victory as long as possible while growing your empire as large as possible and building as many districts as possible. Until they fix this and add a multiplier for victory date, highest score is quite a meaningless stat.

I dont believe it is meaningless, it is a tie breaker. If two players have same finishing date, the winner is one with bigger score.

I meant it would be pointless to reward highest score of all submissions. As a tiebreaker it mainly adds more micro to those competing for top positions. I don't know what has been standard GOTM procedure here. In Civ IV SGOTM it's not used for that very reason, but I'm fine either way.

Top Bottom