6otM 110 AAR

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM 110 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory type, date, and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game
Please attached your victory save to your post.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
- Did you bother with Religion ?
- How did you pump your manage your loyalty?
- Were City-States helpful?
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- How was the dealing with the game modes?
- Did you enjoy the game?
Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.
Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

DV T135
Campus then mining
No but got one around T100 by accident
Just take cities vast.... the Viet way
not really, even Akkad was of no use
Just a few annoying barbs and my own stupidity, I killed Barbarossa then realised I did not know where Gitjara was and had run past her on my way to him, then when I set sail back I met one damn lone barb galley in a 1 tile straight, it was like 300 but I was the baddy
unimportant
Sure, great map but prince dom is not a serious game right.
Thanks GOTM team

Attachments

• BÀ TRIỆU 135 475 AD.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 83
Last edited:
DV-133
science-archer-trade-Iron-UU-navigation
no but got one after killing Spain with their Holy site
Had to raze one or 2 cities on the Eastern continent
Akkad was very useful against walled cities for the end game
had to built a bigger early navy to deal with a swarm of barbs one that slowed my migration east
OK
very much thank you

Attachments

• DV-BÀ TRIỆU 133 425 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 72
  • DV-133.png
    DV-133.png
    7.1 MB · Views: 96
DV t173, score 977
Not very memorable game, so I have nothing to say about it. Maybe sea-based barbarians slowed me down some. More likely not enough units and spending time to take easy cities to take that I don't need to take for the win.

Attachments

• BÀ TRIỆU dv173 1120 AD sc977.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 41
Maybe sea-based barbarians slowed me down some
I just attacked very early, it is Prince so they only build as fast as you do.
Sent men at arms right over the sea and knights left
Scouted the water a bit with builders then scouts/galley
Did you pillage campi?

Last edited:
I just attacked very early, it is Prince so they only build as fast as you do.
Sent men at arms right over the sea and knights left
Scouted the water a bit with builders then scouts/galley
Did you pillage campi?

I only pillaged camps on my own continent. The ones in between were probably my problem. I think my slowness is that I take whats close first because it just looks so easy to take, instead of saving turns and setting my first units out to sea, The close civs are just as easy (easier) to take later. Its a habit I get from playing higher levels where units get outdated before arriving, and not having enough gold to update them. I should know better by now.:hammer2:

Hi All
DV149

I think my experience was different to other people's here.

At around turn 100 I lost interest in research and infrastructure. I just built units, traders and the tasks that give you gold and faith. All was good - until I tried to get my units wet.
I tried to embark in several places but the number of barb boats was just too high. (I build a couple of war carts to upgrade on the other side of the water - don't troll me).
barbs 110.png

I couldn't get boats to the Western side of the map. Eventually I just had to go for it. I lost several units. It sucked. A lot.
The Eastern side was a bit better as I could build a couple of galleys and I got the Admiral that spawns a quadrireme so that was OK.
At the Eastern front I landed pretty much at the junction of India and Mongolia. I decided to go north and clear Mongolia first. It became clear that Ghandi and Ghengis had not been playing nicely and most of the cities were walled.
Nevertheless it was men against boys of course and so started the long - long - long - long march to Aachen.

The Western side was easier. Suleiman and Gitjara were feeble. At least Gitjara had thrown walls up around here capital - but pathetic actually. I had 3 times as many units as I needed for the job. I sent them south, but they never got to join up with the Eastern army.

So Aachen then. Well - firstly, I couldn't find it. I knew Germany was down there somewhere because the odd missionary would pop out of the fog. I went up every blind alley imaginable. Then this happened. Which was fun.
blizzard.png

Those red-lined units were at full health the turn before. But three turns later and a few coursers (just out of shot) finished the job.

Now to answer the Creator Knowtalent's questions...

- What did you prioritize for research and policies? I wanted to know where horses and iron were quickly. Then campuses then boaty stuff and then coursers (I love coursers).
- Did you bother with Religion ? No
- How did you pump your manage your loyalty? - I just used governor titles to get governors. I didn't want to use the civic loyalty cards - though I think I did use one for a few turns at the end
- Were City-States helpful? Yes. Akkad was useful. I only built 1 ram and I had two armies - so the unique bonus was useful also they provided twice as much gold as any other trade route option.
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? For me the seafaring barbs were the only resistance in the whole game. It taught be a lesson about controlling the oceans. Not to be overlooked.
- How was the dealing with the game modes? I ignored them and played straight civ.
- Did you enjoy the game. Really good game. I know the Prince AI are a pushover, but the challenge is to minimise turns and its great fun and a learning experience.

Thanks @Knowtalent - Very nicely crafted map.

Attachments

• MADBAX-149 760 AD.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 55
DV t136
500AD score 838

took out GranCol, then Spain, headed my big army west across the waters, to take out Indonesia and the Ottomans (and eventually they marched all the way south to take out Gemany)

I had a small army head east across the waters. I thought they would take out Mongolia, then India, then Germany. But I probably should have had them take out India first because India put up walls and had Varus by the time I got to them. My little band needed reinforcements to finish off India. and they never got marching to Germany.

Machinery to get to Voi Chien
no, but I took advantage of the faith I picked up during conquests
just governors was sufficient, especially given how I was usually in Golden Ages and the AIs were usually in Dark Ages (or Normal at best)
not really, Akkad I guess. I also Levied troops from Auckland near the end close to Aachen, but I didn't actually need them
the Mountain range blocking the path to Aachen, and Auckland City State blocking a pass. I think Auckland may have been a converted barb camp and may not have been there at the start of the game. solution was to walk around.
Also there were lots of barb warships causing me trouble. I lost a nice archer unit to them that had two upgrades already.
The Monopolies and Corps mode helps with a Dom Vic I think because of the opportunies to establish Industries which give you more production and money. I found it funny that I wasn't getting any monopolies on my Industries though. don't know why that was.
The Barbarian clans mode makes DV a little more difficult I think because of the way a new City State can get in the way.
yes, I was a little slow at the end finishing off India and Germany, but it was a fun game, thanks!

Attachments

• Arnold_T DV t136 500 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
Last edited:
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom