6otM 12 After Action Report

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM 12 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.
Please attached your victory save to your post.
- How many cities did you settle or capture?
- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
- What did you do to pump up your score??
- Did you bother with Religion?
- Did you bother with Culture?
- Did you bother with Science
- Were City-States helpful?
- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy the game?
Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.
Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

So, uh, it seems you turned off score victory as well, so when I hit turn 250 I defeated myself :lol: I had the highest score with 619, so technically I did "win" though. Should I still post the save?

590 here lol

I thought I could get a higher score, I played the entire game peacefully and created almost every wonder; apparently this doesn't do much for your score! :D

Attachments

• Gotm12_score.JPG
    Gotm12_score.JPG
    210.8 KB · Views: 237
Yes, please post the save.

Here it is :)

So I played a peaceful game too since there was no shortage of space to settle and I figured building districts and wonders would be a more productive way to spend my time rather than trying to rush over to the other continent and conquer everyone as fast as I could given the limited time. Went for quite a heavy focus on trade routes and had a commercial zone or harbour in every city, gold-focused policy cards and with Great Zimbabwe and Big Ben further upping my GPT. IIRC I had around 430 GPT for the final stretch so I was able to buy nearly every building I wanted and free up even more time for district and wonder building.

All in all, I don't think I could have done much better with a peaceful approach than I did, so hopefully someone will go for an aggressive style and we can see if that yields a higher score. Also, I really think that Firaxis should have re-done the scoring groups rather than lifting them more or less directly from Civ V. It seems disproportionally hard to get above 1000 points even on a normal game when you're not up against the clock, yet the top score group is like 3000+ or something ridiculous. :undecide: Setting aside the GOTM for a moment, has anyone actually managed to get a score that high yet? I'm not a top player by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know if people who are can manage to get scores that high, and what techniques they use?

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 126
Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title)
I believe my post does not have a title. Or am I missing something?

Anyway, I had a score of 699 at the time of my defeat at turn 250.

I captured four American cities and one city state (Valetta, because it took a settler). I settled 20 cities. It could have been more, but I was worried about city happiness.
Anything that was boosted, because my aim was to have as many civics and policies as possible. I did beeline democracy in the end.
Have many well developed cities and many great people.
Yes, I noticed it is a factor in the score. It was the first time I purchased missionaries to spread the word.
Yes, but only built a single theater district. I tried to play culture enhancing policy cards though.
- Did you bother with Science?
Yes, it seemed useful for progress.
Yes, they were a nice boost. Although Valetta was not helpful at all, suddenly declaring war on me and snatching an early settler in the process. I took a long time to get it back because Valetta had been pumping out military units like crazy.
I am still learning the game, so there were a few mild surprises. I just wen along with them.
Yes, it was nice not to have the pressure of a particular victory condition. And I think I learned some things too.

Thanks!

Attachments

• AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 115
good to see that winning wasn't even possible. my score was 681.

22 cities in the end, all settled.

For most of the game i prioritized the techs that lead to the wonders that give the extra policy slots (Forbidden City, Potola Palace, Al Hambra, Big Ben). I was able to build FC, PP, and AH but not Big Ben. I came within one turn of building Big Ben but Pericles beat me to it. I had spaced off that i was building it and switched out the policy card for the extra wonder production several turns before it was completed, had i not done that i would have received all 4 extra policy card slots.

Built 4 or 5 wonders, settled all kinds of land (until settler price was getting ridiculous), built many districts and got as many great people as i could (Divine Spark + Oracle + Districts + City Projects). I ended up with 12 Great People.

No religion, but it took forever for all Great Prophets to be recruited, so maybe i should have bothered.

Not directly, but built 2-3 theater square districts

Yes, many of my first districts were Campuses, and after economic policies, i usually chose science policies where appropriate. I don't remember using any of the theater square cards. I probably shouldn't have worried so much about the strong economy, hard habit to break. 545 gold/turn at game end probably overkill, maybe choosing other cards would have increased my score.

Yes, got an early Pantheon, and ended up as suzerain of 6 CSs.

Was a peaceful game, i don't recall being in a war though maybe some of the other continent's civs did some warring. Game ended with me being allied with Victoria, Gilgamesh and Pericles. Vicky and me were friends then allies since only a few turns after we first met on something like turn 180. It was great. I met the 3rd and 4th civs on turn 178 (Aztec and Sumeria).

Was a good game, though i suspect score optimization is better with warring/domination. I spent quite a bit of the first half+ of the game building settlers and founding cities. Settlers get way too expensive in production terms though, so at some point i decided to stop with the settlers and move on to the build-out. I would have liked another 10 cities (had 22 settled cities including cap). I was well past turn 100 before i ever had a second trade route, which is atypical for me, so i felt like i lost out on early wealth and districts due to the settler expansion. Teddy left me with so much land to settle, I corralled a settler of his way to the east of his capital, that settler never did find a place to settle (maybe the late game settlement of Cleveland to the west of Washington DC on the other continent was that settler). I would have taken the settler but Teddy and me were friends at the time and apparently you cannot steal a settler from a friend bc the game wouldn't let me. but really those cities down in what should have been Teddy's territory never amounted to much other than increasing my population. Too much flat land/not enough resources or production down there.

As far as the T250 goes to reproduce score, just put all units on alert, choose a city project for the production orders, choose the cheapest science and civics, and i received 5 envoys that turn that i used on Valleta and Preslav so as to gain suzerain status of two more city states.

Some pictures for posterity:

Spoiler Empire :

20170407183821_1.jpg
20170407183634_1.jpg
20170407183657_1.jpg
20170407183738_1.jpg

20170407203322_1.jpg

Spoiler Score and such :

20170407194133_1.jpg
20170407194210_1.jpg
20170407194319_1.jpg
20170407194347_1.jpg

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 116
Here it is :)

It seems disproportionally hard to get above 1000 points even on a normal game when you're not up against the clock, yet the top score group is like 3000+ or something ridiculous. :undecide: Setting aside the GOTM for a moment, has anyone actually managed to get a score that high yet? I'm not a top player by any stretch of the imagination, but I'm curious to know if people who are can manage to get scores that high, and what techniques they use?

never have had a score 3000+ high, i think my highest score is 1500+ on 6OTM 1. it took 46 cities to get that:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/6otm-01-after-actions.603444/page-3#post-14552131

Hi! I made a big mistake... I didn't realize that the game would end at turn 250 :blush:. As I like building, and at level King I fell myself confident, I planned this game for a whole month, planning wars, settlements, wonders and districts carefully, but to end at 2050AD. And so my surprise with the message 10 turns remaining :sad:! I was very pleased playing it, but my fault :cry:...

Even that, it was a good game and had a Score 893 :)!

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • 6otM 1.jpg
    6otM 1.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 6otM 2.jpg
    6otM 2.jpg
    204.3 KB · Views: 209
12; All settled
I prioritised economic policies & ones that increased trade
no idea how scores are calculated - so I can't answer that
founded a religion, but nothing came of it
only so far as CS asked me to
YES - researched flight
I think - early in the game Teddy (USA) declared war on me & hong kong took a settler. I subsequently "peaced" them, expecting my Settler back. No, needed to wait 8?10? turns to declare war (get warmonger penalty) & then be at war for another 10 turns...
CS taking my settler!
YES!

My score was 306

I've got no idea how / where to post my save. I don't even know how to take screen shots

Welcome to Game of the Month.

You take screen shots by, in game, pressing your print screen button on your keyboard. The game stores the image in your Civ6 screenshot folder, on my PC located: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Screenshots

To post, under the right hand size of the text window where you post your message there are three options, Post Reply, Upload a File or More Options. Choose upload a file and follow the prompts.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

Welcome to Game of the Month.

You take screen shots by, in game, pressing your print screen button on your keyboard. The game stores the image in your Civ6 screenshot folder, on my PC located: D:\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Screenshots

To post, under the right hand size of the text window where you post your message there are three options, Post Reply, Upload a File or More Options. Choose upload a file and follow the prompts.

Best of luck. :thumbsup:

F12 also takes a screenshot, and is more reliable as far as intentions go. with F12 i notice you don't get any unintended tool tips and will capture the sub-screens.

just played through another 250 turn score game, i'm convinced that score victory is just another way to win a domination victory. would be great if they re-evaluated score weights so that was not the case.

My score was 728. My approach was peaceful, though I had to be at war with America for some time, but no cities changed owners. I got a lot of nice cities on my continent and settled also one on the small continent to get trade routes with the other bigger continent, but it was quite useless. I focused on early expansion and getting lots of districts and quite a few wonders. I even finished Great Library around turn 240 just to get the score. I also got lots of GP and patronaged 4 of them on the last turn. My focus was slightly more science than culture, didn't reach the end in either, but got quite close. I was suzerain of about 5 city states, which were quite helpful. I had a religion, but it was quite useless.

All in all quite a fun game with lots of good land (even desert hill city with Petra). Though I still think emperor should be the minimum diff. level, as below that is mostly sandbox.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 132
My score was 1133.

27 cities captured and 11 settled 38 cities at the end .

At begining of the game i priorize science camps from resaerch, + card for 100% boost of science district. Next step it was to build modern troops to quick take over some city states and america. From this moment i start to build science district everywhere and production distirct. So i focused of woonders and technology resaerch. Also was going to get 100% boost of production district and 100% boost of buildings in science district from policies.

- What did you do to pump up your score?

I build 12 wonders, i build 5 wonders in last 30 turns. Taking over America, Montezuma, England, Summeria gave me a lot of power. I did that by using only few much more modern troops than opponent, so my main continet was focused on production and science. I settled all of my continet and stared to looking for new spaces. I also took as many great people as it was possible (17)

Yes, i used it to maximize my production. I only gave my religion to my cities. I used it as a support.

Not directly, i did build 3 teatreal district but i was focused on science. But i had 434 at the end per turn.

Yes, all of my first districts were Campuses, and with polcies for boost of science i start getting quick science.I finished with 616 science per turn. I almost finished tech tree. only needed 3 technology.

Yes, i take them over, and used valetta to build building for belive. I also was suzener of production city and 1 science city.

I don't think that there was something what suprised me.

Yes, especialy that it is some kind of chalange with this score. In Otherway i wouldn't played this dificult level ;)

Attachments

• Civ6Screen0005.jpg
    Civ6Screen0005.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 172
  • Civ6Screen0006.jpg
    Civ6Screen0006.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 160
  • AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 141
  • Civ6Screen0007.jpg
    Civ6Screen0007.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 174
  • Civ6Screen0005.jpg
    Civ6Screen0005.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 196
  • Civ6Screen0006.jpg
    Civ6Screen0006.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 154
  • Civ6Screen0007.jpg
    Civ6Screen0007.jpg
    457.1 KB · Views: 192
  • Civ6Screen0008.jpg
    Civ6Screen0008.jpg
    526.9 KB · Views: 152
  • AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.2 MB · Views: 135
563 .. Warren G ... blech!

11 founded & 3 captured. Sadly, just America ... never expanded outward beyond little continent to the east.
Prioritized science early.
Concentrated on cranking out wonders around turn 150.
Wasn't intending too, but it was there for the taking ... believe I had the 3rd one up and wasn't intending to go that route.
Had 1 primary cultural city early, then 3 by end game.
- Did you bother with Science?
Yes, first District was Science.
They were helpful in clearing out the continent and spreading religion, as well as other boosts. I didn't turn on them.
Religion being there, when I wasn't going for it. The rest of the planet being so remote.
Yes. Periodically had played GotM throughout the years, but never posted. Typically was playing them after the deadline.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0250.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 136
  • Civ 6 Cleo GotM12 Final Score.JPG
    Civ 6 Cleo GotM12 Final Score.JPG
    184.2 KB · Views: 153
446 points defeat.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 113
Score: 1,813

By the end of the game I had 63 cities.

after building almost all the wonders I had 5 economic policies, 3 diplomatic and 3 wildcard so pretty much any policy allowing for more income/science/culture I could enact.

Tried to research as many future tech/civics as possible, settle as many cities, build as many districts/wonders/buildings as possible.

Founded a religion early for 1% production/follower and 1 gold per 4 followers

Nearing the later game I built theater square districts in almost every city.
At turn 250 I was getting 2,388 culture per turn

Yes of course, prioritized this throughout whole game, by the end was getting ~2,700 / turn.

The industrial states helped quite a bit for production and the later game suzerain bonuses helped with score.

Besides getting very tedious with late game micromanagement I had quite a bit of fun.

Attachments

• t250.jpg
    t250.jpg
    1,017.1 KB · Views: 237
  • CLEOPATRA 250 1695 ADgotm12.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 125
I retired after losing my capital to the Americans, literally one turn after posting in "Opening Actions" thread. This is the first time I've lost my capital in a Civ6 game, and to add salt to injury, it was on King difficulty. I was caught completely by surprise, my army spread around the continent. I could probably still turn this one around and win, but I lost all motivation after such humiliation.

Score 845 Victory Date 1700AD (Zombie apocalypse at t250)
Mostly just peaceful expansion and building, until the land was fulle, then took all Rooseveldt, all Persia, all but one England (mall city I never found was left) and 3 Sumarian before time ran out.
Should have focused more on pop growth, maybe.

Attachments

• AutoSave_0251.Civ6Save
    1.4 MB · Views: 179
Top Bottom