1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 12 announcement

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Civilization VI - Game of the Month 12
    Welcome to the 12th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
    Must Read!
    We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don'’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
    Civ VI - 6otM 12 Details:
    Player (You): Cleopatra of Egypt
    Victory Condition: There is NO VC. You have 250 turns to create the greatest empire by SCORE all VCs are Disabled.
    Difficulty: King
    Civs/City-States (including player): 6/?
    Map Type/Size: Continents /Standard Size
    This is where you will start .
    6otm 12 start.jpg
    Egypt's Unique Attributes:
    Spoiler :
    Cleopatra's Special Ability: Mediterranean's Bride - Your Trade Routes to other civilizations provide +4 Gold for Egypt. Other civilizations' Trade Routes to Egypt provide +2 Food for them and +2 Gold for Egypt.
    Unique Ability: Iteru:15% Production towards districts and wonders if placed next to a River. Floodplains do not block placement of districts and wonders.
    Unique Unit: The Maryannu Chariot Archer is a land combat ranged unique unit in Civilization VI. This unit is unique to Egypt
    Unique Improvement: Sphinx: +1 Faith and +1 Culture. +2 Faith if next to a wonder. +1 Culture with Natural History. Cannot be built next to another Sphinx. Can be built on Floodplains

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
    Spoiler :
    Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
    Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
    Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
    After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
    Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on Score ). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
    In development.

This game runs for a month and ends May 2, 2017.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2017
  2. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

So it was an april fools' joke? I see it's the second of April in Los Angeles now.

Knowtalent and comatosedragon like this.
  3. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

That....Is a good question!
    I mean, we are due 6oTM 12 but on the other hand...There is nothing here! :lol:

Hopefully its just an oversight and Knowtalent just got caught up in other stuff.

4. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Save is now up!

5. Alphons Rodulfo

Alphons Rodulfo weakling

Getting caught up in stuff happens to a lot of people. It is a reason why I never seem to actually finish a GOTM. But I am going to try again!

I assume that aiming for a high score is not something people usually do. Will that level the playing field, I wonder? Or is it still a matter of eradicating all opposition as quickly as possible?
    An explanation of how score is calculated can be found here. It helps having a religion. lots of cities, lots of districts, lots of civics and lots of tech. All that probably spells t.o.t.a.l. w.a.r. :ar15:

6. mushroomshirt

mushroomshirt King

It's been a long time, but I think I will try this one this month. I'm still getting the hang of civ VI, but it seems like the best opening is slinger / archer spam to take out nearby AI and CS and capture builders / settlers as opportunity presents.

7. Poczwar

Poczwar Chieftain

Someone can see the starting position picture ?

8. RadBlaster33

RadBlaster33 Chieftain

Where is the starting file to download?

9. Katakanja

Katakanja Emperor

Uhhhh, it's not? :crazyeye:

10. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

In the meantime, how does one heighten one's score in Civ VI? Obviously settling lots of cities helps, but do you get points for techs, improvements, founding a religion, etc?

11. Forster

Forster Prince

Can't view the attachment and no game save file available to download. What's up? :confused:

12. Eyswein

Eyswein Warlord GOTM Staff

If I'm reading the various score stuff right, scoring is as follows: Civics – 2 each; Empire – 5xCites + 3xDistricts + 1xPopulation; Great People – 3 each; Religion – 2 each (so 10 max I think); Technology – 2 each; Wonders – 5 each

13. WildeComputers

WildeComputers Warlord Supporter

Does the game end at 250 turns or are we to quit playing once we reach that? I too am terrible with having enough time in a month to finish a GOTM. Hopefully I can give this one a go and complete it before the deadline.

14. x2Madda

x2Madda Prince

Funnily enough when there is no VC, I normally go for score.
    I did for the Gotm before this one but I didn't submit it in time. Honestly score VC in civ6 is extremely dull! Civ5 was dull as well but you could pass proposals until the AI self destructed from lack of happiness. In Civ6 I send spies to create terrorists but they don't really seem to do a whole lot of damage to the AI in the long term since AI is usually so bad anyway.

250 turn score victory? I'll try it but I don't see myself finishing it =/

Yeah the usual, number of wonders, cities, population, tiles(cultural borders), recurrent research of the tech and cultural tree (means finishing the trees and then going future science), number of great people earned, number cities that follow your religion, number of relics and I think thats everything.

15. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

16. runawayRoman

runawayRoman Chieftain

My first time here, I've been playing King recently but not on score VC. Let's see how my strategies work.

17. leif erikson

18. Duzt

Duzt Chieftain

I have been playing Civilization since the original, and not that I have got the hang of it decided I should jump in to 6OTM's! I use to play Egypt until I decided I loved Gilgamesh a lot more so hopefully my previous experience with her won't stay hidden away in the back of my mind. With that being said, is there a full list of rules for 6OTM? Other than the Religious Exploit, and making sure autosaves are set to 1 and no-redoing already listed?

19. leif erikson

That is pretty much where we are. :)

20. rfa

rfa Chieftain

This will also be my 1st GotM - having just got Civ 6 & found this forum