1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 17 After Actions

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by leif erikson, Jun 14, 2017.

1. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

Welcome to the 6otM17 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle or capture?
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    - Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?
    - What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?
    - What was your most useful unit?
    - Did you use diplomacy? How?
    - Were City-States helpful?
    - Did you use religion? How, and were you successful?
    - Did you use the Sword to get to Space?
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    - Did you enjoy the game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

2. Photi

Photi Governor

Science victory, Turn 278, Score 879

How many cities did you settle or capture?

Settled 20 with initial and built settlers, received 1 city in peace deal from Victoria.

What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Took a somewhat meandering path to Gunpowder for the Muskets, and then beelined from there to Rocketry. For civics, beelined to Space Race after reaching Exploration/Merchant Republic. This is only my 3rd or 4th attempt at Science Victory, so i feel i have a lot of optimization to do. For instance, for Civics, The Enlightenment and Class Struggle (instead of Space Race) might be better paths to take after Exploration for their Campus and Industrial zone policy effects.

Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?

No, the world was calm and tranquil, if you don't count the grouchiness of both Saladin and Pericles. Harald and Victoria DOWed me around turn 240 or so. I wasn't much in a position to take any of their cities, but my defenses were adequate and managed to kill off several of their units. Received quite favorable peace terms, which included lots of gold and a city (Liverpool) from Victoria.

What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?

I kept meaning to build more ships to remove the wind from Harald, but kept forgetting. I ended up with a few ironclads, some frigates, and U boat. These calmed Harald who kept blistering on about my navy. For Army/land defense, my muskets served me well for most of the game, i had a number of knights for first responders and a squad of crossbows for sniping. By the end units had been upgraded to Mechanized Infantry and Field Cannons. M'knights were still shining regal. Interestingly, i reached the tech for Mechanized Infantry before the tech for Infantry, so while i was able to hard build the Mechs, i had to first research Replaceable Parts (Infantry) before i could upgrade my Musketmen to MI.

What was your most useful unit?

Militarily speaking, Muskets, Knights, and Crossbows provide for a well rounded defense for a large portion of the game.

Did you use diplomacy? How?

Yes. Alliances are great for keeping the peace, and on this particular map i just didn't do a whole lot of exploration, so being able to peek at allies' maps informed me of the world beyond the home continent. Plus looking at all those green flags up top is so much more pleasant than seeing a bunch of unhappy red faces.

Were City-States helpful?

My main focus with the city states in this game was getting the six envoys for those bonuses obtained. I wasn't too worried about getting suzerainty over them this game, but did gain suzerainty over Buenos Aries for the amenity boost.

Did you use religion? How, and were you successful?

No.

Did you use the Sword to get to Space?

Enough swords to keep the AIs from getting too many bright ideas.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

The relative isolation was a bit of a surprise.

Mvemba wasn't in the game, it seems like every time i roll for deity, he's always there.

Pericles is such a grouch. One of these days he will be an ally. Maybe if i would've switched to fascism he would've come around in the late game. He needs to know that many people in the world are antifa, and maybe he's the one who needs to change or face the consequences.

I received the Archimedes Bath achievement (5 Eurekas in one turn) thanks to Abdu Salam the Great Scientist.

No runaways in this game. I guess that's what happens when you focus on hard science and production instead of soft seaside resorts.

Did you enjoy the game?

Yes, very much. This was my first play through with Germany (Crusader King, and Warrior Queen achievement with Tomyris, i see what you did there). The Hansas add spice to the district puzzle. 12-15 great people, not a record but received all or most of the good ones anyway.

Spoiler Vaterland :
    20170615161001_1.jpg 20170615161926_1.jpg 20170615161853_1.jpg 20170615161543_1.jpg 20170615161557_1.jpg 20170615161618_1.jpg

Attached Files:

3. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Science Victory Turn 175/176 Score 1,272

Settled about 15 and captured about 40.
    Apprenceship and Upgrade -50%.
    Arabia,Japan,Norway and China. I also captured most cities of England and Russia.

You have to eliminate that much in order to avoid a culture victory since I'm at ~500 tourism in the end.

6 Archers, then 14 Knights, then 9 Infantries, then tanks I think. With a classical GG
    The classical GG.
    No, if denounciation and declare war not consisted.
    Yes, of course. Hattusa and Seoul are very helpful. Valletta has an encampment very early, which incredibly sped up my GG by capturing it.
    No.
    No,I use knights and infantries. Horses and guns, not sword.
    I'm in very good luck since the notorious information great scientist who gives all unnecessary eurekas comes last. I saved 1,320 GS points.
    Yes. Although maybe again I lose to someone. Maybe Whacker again I think. I saw him having SV at T169 using Norway. T175 is too slow for a Science Victory for Germany.

PS After this game I don't think Germany is as good in SV as Sumerian, Australia, Macedon, Persia, Aztec. For Rome, Greece and Scythia, I'm not sure.

After playing this game I think Hansa/Commercial Hubs/Great Zimbabwe/Kumasi just don't make sense. I tried to use them, but they turn out to be slowing my pace. Although I managed to save 15,000 Gold with a 600+GPT at T170, and doubled them by Big Ben. But in fact I found myself finishing much slower than that of a previous Sumeria Game. (which I managed to finish at T166/167 with T136 Rocketry, without using any money-related issues) In this game I got T138 Rocketry but finished much later.

They're extremely suitable for a T200 victory, but not for ~T170 ones I think.

Only Campus is needed.

Whacker is about 3~4T head of me in the first 100T. Considering he stole 5 settlers while I stole none. OOps.

It seems that he overperforms me for 20T in late game strategy. Considering the time lost for me on focusing money he is still 15T ahead of me. I'll be very grateful if someone can translate his late game strategy to English.

Also, in the save there's a surprise that my Spaceport City was established on T136 and built nothing but a SpacePort:woohoo::hammer2::hammer2::hammer2::woohoo:

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  4. Rakish

Rakish Chieftain

Science Victory Turn 208 Score 729

Did it 100% peaceful for a change.

Settled 22 happy cities

Districts. Actually really neglected monuments this time round. Used the double industry card as soon as i unlocked it till the end of the game, super strong If you put in the resources to set it up. Also found myself bee-lining a bit less than usual. ran both retainers and liberalism for a time having several periods during the game where i manged to get all/most cities to ecstatic.

No one
    Had war declared on me by Norway around turn 120 with a Medieval army of swords crossbows and knights along with a privateer, frigate and caravels. Their no disembark penalty actually caught me out a couple of times ill admit which was surprising but welcome.

Had England Declare war on me with a muskets and catapult army around 130-140 with an ironclad ominously floating about.
    Both were quite scary and threatening size armies but both AI's peaced out earlier than they probably should have. they'd lost the battle/s but not the war from my viewpoint.

had 3 warriors and slingers early then 6 chariots, had all my warriors/swordsman die In defensive wars along with 2 crossbowman. then realizing I'm going to need more troops I hard build (with policy) 8 crossbowmen and 3 muskets. later building 2 horses for upgrade but never did.

AND GET THIS, I build walls! they were actually useful/critical in both wars, 6 all up. over about 3 turns with the policy, started while Norway was assaulting me and I could tell Arabia and England were getting mighty jealous. plus i used bastions policy for the first time I think.

probably knights, with Honorable mention to field cannon for bumping up my military strength high enough to discourage further declarations.

Was allied to Arabia and Japan almost the entire game and was allied with Russia and china for most of the 2nd half. Greece hated me basically from day dot. There's just no pleasing some people I suppose, though they still gave me some great trade deals. I got the impression he was desperate for amenities.
    Completed multiple research agreements! 4 i think and signed 2 more that didn't work out, by far the most I've ever done, record before that being 1.
    Sold a lot of resources and bought a ton as well. highlight being getting nearly 50gpt deal for 1 aluminum to China... crazy.

Not particularly, had a hard time getting envoys and china conquered Hattusa around t160 which was mighty annoying as it was my sole 6 envoy state at the time

No, went for lady of the reeds and marshes for a change to see how much I'd miss divine spark. Seemed to work ok; helping some of my expansion cities get on their feet quicker.

Really interesting end game, I overshot Great Scientists and undershot Science! (without divine spark or Stockholm). Meaning my usual strategic wisdom proved wrong (don't build research labs as they never get enough value and waste time otherwise spent spamming science projects. I had a heap of gold at the end and no scientists left to spend it on meaning i should have bought and constructed more research labs 30 turns earlier.

great fun, Germany is the infrastructure king and that's a big draw to a game like this to me.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
  5. whacker

whacker Chieftain

T152 SV, score of 798

Settled 14, captured 7.

Districts and district bonus cards. Craftsmen+Hansa ist just awesome.

Japan and Arabia. I initially wanted to conquer Norway, but his cities had lots of bad districts, he had like 20 knights and England was friendly because she didn`t witness what i did to Saladin and Hojo. Because England had 100gpt+ i wanted to keep her as a a trading partner and spared Harald.

Knights, crossbows, catapults, 2 GG, bombards.

Boudicca :)

This game alowed for more trading than usual. England and Greece were really rich und did not hate me for the most part. England had like 10 cities but not a single strategic resource, so she paid a lot for them. I also declared a protection war on china as he wanted to conquer Hatusha.

All in all a poor set of CS, still Hatusha, Seoul and Lisbon were useful for envois.

No, only divine spark pantheon.

In the first half of the game a lot, later mostly defensively.

Norway wanted to conquer Hatusha after China failed, so i surrounded the city with units to prevent him from capturing it. I did not want a war at that point, some turns later he declared on me and i lost around 5 traders. :(

Yes alot! Germany is way stronger than expected thanks to Hansa+Craftsmen+Cassical Republic. I did not get Kwolek as a 1. or 2. GS, so i lost one turn on that but i guess you just cant`t have everything. :)

Attached Files:

6. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Chieftain

SV on turn 275 (rushed the final part with Sagan on that turn)

First SV on Deity - I'm still not too keen on it, but Germany is definitely well suited for that victory type. They don't have as many early advantages as some other civs but that Hansa is pretty ridiculous. I tried to get use out of all their abilities including U-boats to make things a little more interesting. Germany can really corner the market on engineers and a mausoleum focused strategy seems like it would be really powerful - I forgot that it's not included in GOTM.

I built too many units early and basically just settled into a peaceful game after finding out everyone was so far away. I captured two settlers early (one from Arabia and one from Norway), one CS (Vilnius), and one city from Greece late because they declared a joint war on me and had settled too close to my core cities. I can't remember exactly how many cities I had but it was definitely less than 20 - probably around 16.

What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Military Science for Cavalry (mainly for defense - Norway had a large army), then Economics for BB, and finally Rocketry and Democracy.

Did you send anyone to the dustbin of history?
    No - I played very peacefully.

What did you build for an Army and Navy and how did it change?
    I built a lot of Chariots to Knights and Horsemen to Cavalry. England was running away on tech and had multiple spaceports down before I got to Rocketry. I did declare a naval war late to slow them down. I built the Venetian Arsenal and churned out a bunch of Frigates and Privateers which I then upgraded to Uboats and Battleships. I didn't take any cities but coastal raided a bunch of their tiles and put their spaceports out of commission. They went from 250 beakers per turn to about 115 and I was able to extort them for a lot of money in the peace deal.

What was your most useful unit?

Probably the U-boat and then Cavalry.

Did you use diplomacy? How?

Yes - I allied Arabia pretty early to reveal a large portion of the map and then Russia later. I completed several research agreements and declared a joint war on England with Russia who did absolutely nothing to help. Most of the other civs kept denouncing me but I did trade with them a lot.

Were City-States helpful?

Not so much in this game. A lot of them were conquered and there just weren't very many good ones. The AI seems to get so many more envoys on Deity so I couldn't really maintain suzerainty over any of them and it really wasn't worth it. I didn't find any of the science states till very late.

Did you use religion? How, and were you successful?

No - grabbed the pantheon for Craftsmen, but probably should have went with Divine Spark or God of the Open Sky

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Science was actually the main bottleneck for me in this game. I should have explored the map better early to get science envoys down. I was dead last in science past turn 150 and England was still more than 10 techs ahead of me when I declared war on them late. I did get a little lucky on great people and managed to snag Sagan, Koralev, and Von Braun all around the same time just as I researched Democracy.

Attached Files:

7. adcarrymaokai

adcarrymaokai Chieftain

Could you explain how you win this fast? I can see how getting campuses up early can make a difference in teching fast, but how do you tech fast AND build all the space projects by t152? Do you chop woods? Get lucky with engineers and scientists?

8. ^MeSSiaH^

^MeSSiaH^ Chieftain

By this fast you mean overall <200t or this particular result of t152?
    If the question is how he got down to 152t from 160-170sh - he got lucky with scout goody hut, 5 captured settlers and good great people.
    If the question is how to win this scenario in c. 160-170 this is muuuuch longer topic, and we would need some serious debate from our friend Whacker.
    I'm not up for explaining it, cuz im not there yet - rather t170-180sh SV.

9. leif erikson

Moderator Action: Game of the Month is all about learning from one another. It is good to ask about how someone achieved a certain result. It is not good to question the honesty of someone in thread. If you have suspicions, please bring them to the attention of staff via private conversation and we'll handle it. The public threads are not the place for such a debate.

10. Greenlami

Greenlami Chieftain

Lost to Russia on Turn 347... First try at SV on Deity mode so I'm not surprised, even if I'm pretty upset by it (plus, if I had taken some chances around turn 250 I could have done it I think).
    Made a few mistakes too much in the first 100 turns that slowed me dow, and looking at the stats in the end I have to admit I didn't take full advantage of bonuses using the manual poisitioning of citizens and lost some perks...
    I'm trying it again, what I learned from this run can help me surely play better in the future.
    Great GoTM anyway, I enjoyed it!

11. ^MeSSiaH^

^MeSSiaH^ Chieftain

Ummm, I hope you are not refering to my post.
    Never questioned honesty of anyone on the forum.

In my last post, I just explained my thoughts that to cut those 10 turns from what we would normally expect from a great player like Whacker (i.e. c. 160t SV here), he had to be lucky with early settlers/Goodiehuts and later great people.

And on the learning point - tbh, I would love to see an article how to push this victory down to c. 160 which he does constantly.
    Not because I doubt anything - but because this would be a great learning point, to know how to push my game to 160 from 180.

12. leif erikson

It is not necessarily anyone's post, just had some concern over some things I have been reading lately here and wanted to be clear with everyone what is expected. Thanks.

13. adcarrymaokai

adcarrymaokai Chieftain

Where does it say he/she captured 5 settlers? The post said 14 founded, 7 captured cities.

I am mostly interested in how people get production up so fast. I actually won this game by t250, but that's 250 and not 152. Here is how my games usually go: I get 3 slingers out, then a settler/builder, then start expanding with early empire, then get caught with building builders to improve tiles, then I am a bit late with districts, so they take up a while to build, and then I just fall behind and never have super high production, unless it's in 1-2-3 cities with a good number of hills. Not even factoring conquest here...

So I just wonder how people micromanage and maximize to achieve such fast victories.

14. whacker

whacker Chieftain

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/science-victory-strategy-and-boasting-compendium-ツ.605930/

In this thread you can read all about getting fast SV`s. Some is outdated due to patches, but there still is plenty of useful knowledge. I have done a SV story in the german forums, but it obviously is written in german and a massive wall of text as well. If you happen to understand some german, almost everything i know about SV`s is written down there. (https://www.civforum.de/showthread.php?104048-Wissenschaftssieg-Adlerkrieger-auf-dem-Mars)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2017
  15. benjspurs

benjspurs Chieftain

Wow just lost on turn 213 (well i have capital left but ive lost) to Harold,

This was my first go at Diety.

Thought i was going along nicely got my Hansas and Campuses in, production was good, (even got the Ruhr) and all was peacufull. Then Noticed that Norway had captured 2 Civs and could see his troops making there way over to me, even though we had a declared friendship (obviously meant for nothing) I also had no navy to keep him happy. Stocked up troops to defend but it was knights/muskets/bombards against artillery/helicopters and infantry.

I only had 4 Cities should of expanded earlier to the east not really clicked until now more cities more science points, otherwise struggle to see how i was left so far behind scientifically as my campuses were all universited up + Einstein and had workers working them.

Anything else i may have missed apart from not enough cities?

16. Halfdan Helgrim

Halfdan Helgrim Chieftain

SV Turn 294, Score of 696

Attached Files:

17. ^MeSSiaH^

^MeSSiaH^ Chieftain

Benjspurs:
    There are two main things to have in SV: 1-Science (thanks captain obvious) and 2-Enormous production in one to two cities
    Science:
    This is achieved by going wide, not tall (i.e. 14+ cities not 4+). Why? Because science dont scale with population as it was in Civ5. For science you need campus+library+university in almost every city of your 14+ cities. Great Scientists who give +science to libraries and universities help a lot (1GS for library, 2GSs for Uni). Thats why you will never win diety SV with 4 cities.

Getting 14 cities:
    Go with build order similar to: scout/slinger - settler - 4-6xslinger - builder - settlers and some more military units. The goal is to attack nearby city states (any that is not gold or science) and nearby opponents with slingers upgraded to archers. You should get 3-5 cities with this push with archers. Then near 90 turn you should repeat the push with archers upgraded to crossbowmen and with knights with battering ram (if never used before you will see the miracles of battering ram+knight on any walled city that is <50 defence). This push should yield another 3-5 cities. This way you will have c. 6-10 cities captured and c 6-10 cities settled. Hint - also look out with scouts/units for any opponents settlers - capture them!
    Districts (campus>commercial) should start slowly, around turn 50 and should be built or in progress c turn 100.
    If playing Germany - go Hansa in almost every city - free 8-10 production with Guilds civic card and comercial hub next to it. 2 cities can to a square - 2 coms and 2 hansas in middle - both get +4 bonus :)
    One more thing for citiies - FOCUS. Do you need this farm in a city that should never grow >4? No. Do you need granary, monument, mill, w/e? No. Just build campus, lib, uni and com hub/hansa. How to do it in 4pop city? Chop Chop - cut the woods, cut stones, cut jungle - just chop every fckn thing that is not mined/worked by 4 pop city. You can chain builder to do it. Just produce builder and chop trees with other builder to speed him up. Dont do it too much - u need those woods for districts and Unis.
    Look at Whaker winning save - how many woods you see? ZERO. No, wait. ONE with lumber mill - for mass production eureka :)
    The main difficulty is to know when to make units vs settlers vs districts
    Second one is to stayed focused - dont spam those farms and plantations - good players will just leave the rice/corn or chop it to gro the city right away to 1 more pop. Use builder charges only on what you will need.

Getting production:
    Just plan ahead one city that will be BIG and have many hills/mineable resources (or any that give production). It is good to have one cattle in it - look at winning save of Whacker - the only city with starport - Cattle is for Great Zimbabwe. Why? Cuz it gives massive gold for trade routes from this city. And trade routes also give production for the city - win win situatuion :). Production city should have every possible building giving production etc - obvious.

Getting great people:
    In early to mid game - just from campuses/hansas/commercialhubs (consider divine spark - helps A LOT, tho not necesarily better than culture for pastures pantheon in this particular map)
    In late game - buy them. You should have enormous amount of gold (c. 15k+) from trade routes and com hubs when you research Democracy. With Democracy - build big ben somewhere to double the treasury (30k gold +) and use card that makes GP cheaper by 50% when buying - just buy out all GS and GEs to get the ones that help SV.

Done correctly should win you the game in c. 250t
    Done almost perfetly will win you the game in c. 170-190t
    Done "I have no idea how this fcker does it" (yeah you Whacker :))) will win in 152t :)

Good luck.
    I wont give much more advice, as Im not a good player in terms of this forum. In fact I would love to see few walkthroughs from Whacker/rakish/lancer how to do it. Maybe make a video from you game guys and just youtube it?

CPWimmer and benjspurs like this.
  18. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

I think for me, I explained very much.
    Actually for late game, 10T worth almost 15,000 Gold, 2,000 Faith, 10,000 Hammers,10,000 Science, 5,000 Culture, 1,000 GS point etc. That's really a very big gap. I feel lucky not getting the notorious information era GS, but what's that luck value? Consider I'm going ~600GS point/t (100 from campus,250 from project, 250 from gold earned), The save of 1,320 GS point actually values for 2~3T.

One thing is that you need science. I think ~25 campus is good enough instead of 14 if you want to finish research before T170. If you have less campuses, that's okay if you build Oxford, or recruit the Information Eureka GS.

The other thing is that you need production. I don't think space projects can be produced by turns. It consumes too much time. I'd rather have a Spaceport+3 trees. Since you trigger the 3,000 Hammer GS you finish a project, then each chop grant you a finishing project, the remaining one is finished at the end of the turn.

3 Trees actually can provide 600 base Hammers. That GS grants you 3,000, so you have 3,600 base hammers. With +20% GE and +100% GS you get 7,920>7,800. So Spaceport+3 trees +20%GE+All GS is all we required.

Then you have to provide 2,000 hammer. Stones and Trees Count. If the city has 8 trees or stones, you save 3 for projects and you get 4 trees and a stone, that can provide 200*1.1(Right, I use Commuism when building Spaceport, just switched to Democracy in the end)*5.25=1155, you only have to provide 845 hammers. With trade routes you can easily get a city to 40 hammer per turn, that's enough to finish Spaceport ~20 turns after Rocketry.

You only need 660 GPP for +20% GE. The GS point is the main focus. I need is ~8,300( 3 Modern costs 2,165, 3 Atomic costs 3,165, 2 Information costs 3,035 , Altogether 8,365 respectively). While a typical player need 9,600 since in 2/3 of all situations you have to purchase the eureka GS. You shall make careful worker plans since you have to chop and harvest throughout the map, while chopping in certain sequence to make a good place for neighborhood gold. Trees shall be chopped as late as possible, but not being chopped is much worse. Builders shall be build so that they are used up just when you win victory, but not having enough builder to chop is much worse. I did that poorly since I got a lot of extra builders as well as un-cut trees, un-harvested crabs. Those shall not appear in perfect games.

I think a final save with 1 tree with lumber mill is not a perfect one. You shall remove that mill first and then chop that forest.

Also, since you may conquer faraway cities very lately, maybe T140, pre-planning on future chop on foreign lands is also very important.

Careful plans also consists of perfect project plannings. It is most perfect if you stand in Communism when building projects while switched to Democracy when finishes it. Balancing between Communism and Democracy is interesting.

Tech to be beelined: fast Steel for Eiffel(+2appeal,which means +100*city num gold, or 200 doubled by Ben), fast Economics for Ben, fast Rocketry for Spaceport
    Culture needed: Conservation with +1 appeal to forests and planting trees, Class Struggle for Communism, Suffrage for Democracy.

Done after T200, I assume you're trying some unsuccessful methods for fun.

Done making many mistakes should win you the game in c.175~185t (That is for me, I admit my playing consists of lots of mistakes. I even wasted my money on useless Upgrade of Modern Tanks and Nuclear Submarines!)
    Done correctly should win you the game in c. 165-175t
    Done perfectly with a little additional luck will win you the game in c. 155-165t
    Done with 5 additional early settlers, I think winning in 152t is not so surprising for me.

But I'm really curious about how Whacker can get 152T SV when at 100T being only researching Cartography(Which means ~10T to Industrialization, a relatively slow pace). Did he beelined Banking and Economics for Zimbabwe and Ben before T100?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2017
    peddroelm likes this.
  19. ^MeSSiaH^

^MeSSiaH^ Chieftain

THANKS FOR GREAT INSIGHT!
    My advice was a noob version of "how to" SV on diety. So from the perspective of a perfect SV it is not correct at all.
    And it's done from a perspective of a player who is nowhere near your level (and not aspiring to be as I dont have time for that) :)
    Cheers,

20. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

Mention that the game designation has changed. Before C4 players compete with AIs. In C5, CivBE and C6 players are actually compete with themselves for a fastest speed, the AIs become just like a narrator who only interrupts but not compete for player's victory. That makes a lot of difference.