1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 36 After Actions Report

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

Welcome to the 6otM 36 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
    STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attached your victory save to your post.
    - How many cities did you settle or capture?
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    - Did you bother with Religion?
    - How did you pump your Culture?
    - Did you instigate any major wars?
    - Were City-States helpful?
    - How did the new features help you?
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    - Did you enjoy the game?
    Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.
    Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

2. Chalcedon

Chalcedon Chieftain

SV t272 1802AD

Pretty slow, was not really paying attention...might retry it for fun tho, the 15th is far far away :p

Settled 11 (incl. Cap + 1 stolen Settler), captured 6, razed 5.

Early on Commercial Hubs and IZs, after that nothing special. For Policies it was all about the +science and +gold cards, ClassRep --> Monarchy --> MerchRep --> Communism.
    Most decisions are made in the first 80turns anyways.

Actually yes, but wasn´t planning it. Found an early relic, the time the first era arrived, no one was really caring for religion and all the Dedications were kinda meh in my position, so I decided to take the +4 Great Prophet Points, switch in Revelation and hurry one Holy Site in Amsterdam. I think Stewardship was an okay belief to pick. Together with some Holy Sites I grabbed from Tamar and Robert, it was no mistake I guess.

I didn´t really, built one Theatre Square, captured another.

Yes. :smoke:
    Normally I like playing peacefully, and that was what I was trying to do this time as well.
    At first, Tamar declared on me, so I took some of her cities in Europe, liberated Zanzibar (at this time I started the colonization of Africa anyways), took her Cap and liberated the last city (west of the Ural) to Ghengis - after that, he oddly decided to declare on me together with my former friend Seondeok (I had almost zero warmonger pts). At this stage of the game, I had many Alliances, everything was kinda sweet. After peacing out, friendly Seondeok decided to war me again, this time with Lautaro, and as I had two UUs and an Ironclad in SE Asia, I took her cap as a kinda revenge thing, razed two more of her coastal cities, one from Lautaro with a Scout exploring the Amazon and Nan Madol (ahd 0 envoys there), who almost killed my CS Bandar Brunei.
    After that, my long term ally Robert declared on me, and for the 12k gold emergency reward, his Scandinavia and Cap had to go as well.
    After that, all denounced me until the end, obviously... :lol:

Bandar Brunei and Zanzibar were helpful, Hattussa was kinda okay, but declared really often on me - but as the only scientific CS, it had to remain with 6 envoys in it.

Err... Magnus with Provision helped keeping my pop not too low, but I wasn´t chopping a lot this game, and no overflow stuff.
    Kilwa was kinda nice as I had two commercial CSs.
    Surprisingly there were no loyalty issues when I took the Korean Cap, although it was surrounded by Korean cities... at first, I only planned to distract Seondeok a little, but after that I kept the city...
    Late game, the Water Park was also nice for ammenity issues.
    Alliances are nice for Culture Victories, but for Science they are almost useless.

No Shaka! :confused: - African Rivers are nice!
    So called friends declaring wars on me - killing them.
    There was literally no GE/GS helping directly with the Space Race. :(

On the whole, yes. Most fun thing were actually the wars, as they were fought globally and added some World War touch, but I am not sure if they would have been so entertaining if I were planning on taking e.g. all of the old world... I might try.

Attached Files:

3. shogun11B

shogun11B Chieftain

SV, turn 329, 1907 AD
    Slow, as usual. I feel like I lose focus mid/late game, or just don't have a real understanding of mid/late game strategy when going for science victories.
    Settled 5 on Europe, 5 on Africa, and 3 on Oceania late game. Georgia declared on me and I took 3, Scotland declared on me an I took 2, and India planted a city on the Nile which quickly flipped to me. So 19 all together I think.
    Steered around towards the science buildings/great wonders.
    I did...probably a waist of time. I play on deity (and mostly lose), but religions are hard to come by. When I saw prophets available, I couldnt resist. I picked the science related perks, but I doubt they contributed much.
    Few wonders, monuments, one theater district late game. Maybe this is why it took me so long?
    My hope was for a peaceful victory, but Georgia declared on me out of nowhere (after several centuries of being friends). I took three of her cities from that war, and everyone was pissy towards me after that.
    I'm not very good at keeping city-states, and Georgia took over Hattussa for most of the game. Realizing now I should have liberated it when I had the chance.
    Magnus helped, mostly in clearing out the Congo. I had maybe three Golden Ages, which were helpful - mostly for loyalty in taking Georgia's cities.
    Just that first DOW from Georgia. Luckily it happened when I was about 5 turns from getting Cavalry, so I quickly pumped out 5 horsemen, upgraded them, and it was easy from there. Georgia never recovered.
    I did, yeah. I should probably just accept that rarely winning on deity isn't making me any better.

Either way, a good game.

Two things:
    1. Any criticism/advice is welcome.
    2. I'm a dumb ass and dont know how to take screen shots other than cntrl-prnt screen, and imgur....which is annoying while playing. Is there a quicker way?

Attached Files:

4. Eliminator_Sr

Eliminator_Sr Chieftain

SV turn 243 1660 AD

How many cities did you settle or capture?

A bunch, prob captured 15 to 20 - pretty much all of Eurasia except for Korea. There were a lot of wars most of which were not started by me. I did take out Tamar early cause she was crowding me and I didn't want her to wall spam. Her cities were pretty terrible though and Dutch land wasn't great either.

What did you prioritize for research and policies?

Pretty much straight to Rocketry with a slight detour to Economics for Big Ben and then all the space proj techs. Early on I went for Knights but I didn't get them very quickly. I had a slow start in this one - got bogged down with multiple horse camps and city growth was really slow due to all the plains and desert.

Did you bother with Religion?

I ended up getting one but I wasn't really trying for it and I never spread it or bothered to get the additional beliefs. I took God of War for my pantheon and spent all of my faith on builders, traders, and a few settlers. India's Varu helped pump faith early - it's way slower than Goddess of the Harvest but all of the good Pantheons were taken.

How did you pump your Culture?

There were plenty of culture options - I Suzed Kumasi and later Nan Madol which provided a ton of culture. I actually ended up skipping the colosseum until VERY late and then really only built it for the amenities which were terrible on the starting continent.

Did you instigate any major wars?
    I took out Tamar in the ancient era with warriors and archers. That was the only war I declared. India took out the Mongols very early and then declared on me when an emergency triggered after I took the Georgian capital. I slowly built up and army and killed a bunch of elephants for faith and then took all of their cities. They took a long time to conquer because he had Knights and lots of walls.

Were City-States helpful?

Yes but mainly just for culture and Zanzibar's amenities helped. I didn't find a single science CS - Hattusa was captured early and I just kept the city instead of liberating.

How did the new features help you?

Chaining polders helped with production in the capital and a few other cities. I wiped out Scotland very quickly with only a few of the unique boats - they are great against walled cities. They backstabbed me in a joint war with Mapuche.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

The start was fairly poor and I ran into a lot more trouble than I usually do on King - several early horse camps set me back and India was surprisingly strong after taking out the Mongols. I was able to conquer about 5 cities early but they were all small low growth cities so I had to really be picky with districts and I passed on a lot of wonders. My main spaceport was sabotaged twice near the end and they also disabled Pingala so I lost some turns there. I wasn't diligent enough with counter spies and I forgot to promote them, but I did have an alternate port set up with Magnus and forests so it wasn't too bad.

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yes - as usual. I generally don't play earth maps so it was a nice change of pace.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 8, 2018
  5. Halfdan Helgrim

Halfdan Helgrim Chieftain

SV, turn 291
    The game was much harder than anticipated and the slow finish time reflects this.
    Settled 9. Took 3 from Georgia, 5 from India, 2 from Korea and 2 from Scotland.
    Plan was to go for horseman rush and then focus on science and production - that did not go according to plan.
    Yes. Planned to use faith for Settlers, Builds, Traders and Science buildings. Did not manage to use so much on buildings.
    I was probably way to slow in Culture.
    Yes. First Georgia who had conquered Hattusa and forward settled two cities. Then India, but took only one city and got very favorable deal. Then Korea, which had settled two at the Ice in Asia - turned out Mongols had taken their Capitol, so they were wiped. This caused an Emergency, which the Mongols joined and they overran me completely with 10+ horse units comprising of Horsemen, Keshik, Knights and Varus. With 3 spearmen that turned into 3 pikemen I managed to stop the frenzy. Then finished India off. Scotland and Mapuche declared joint war and I took both cities on British Isles.
    I liberated Hattusa from Georgia - I should just have kept it as I had hard time to keep Suzerain. Else city states were helpful in various boosts.
    Two Barbarian camps spawned in Iberia and Greece and gave a flood of Barbarian horsemen and archers, which slowed my game considerably. The starting position was tight and not much to chop. Georgia got walls up very fast and slowed my advance. India had 6+ Varus when I meet them, but fortunately they slowly died attacking city states. The biggest surprise was probably the Mongol horse rush and normally I never build spearmen og pikemen, but they turned out to be very good - especially with +1 move and a great general giving them a total of 4 moves. In the end game AI annoyed with a lot of spy missions in capitol, but managed to shut them down with 3 defending spies.
    I enjoyed the game very much. The limited space on the map made the game more challenging than expected, but King is in the end too easy. Also managed to get 5 achievements in all. I probably got lost in the many wars and skirmishes and forgot to focus on victory condition.

Attached Files:

6. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

SV, T164, 1030AD

- Where did you settle your city?
    Amsterdam 1W of start and Eindhoven 4E of capital

- What was your build order?
    Amsterdam: T6-Scout(TV), T8-Scout, T18-Settler, T23-Builder, 2 Warriors/2Slingers, Library, Gov Plaza
    Eindhoven: T27-Builder(g), 3 Slingers, 2 Settlers (for Spain and Russia areas), Heavy Chariot (quest), T60-First Horseman

- How were the Barbarians?
    Rough to start, had a small horseman invasion at Amsterdam before I started with the warriors/slingers and even lost my first builder (later recaptured), hence the gold purchase builder in Eindhoven for the Craftsmanship eureka; after clearing them out no big issues

- Did you emphasize expansion? How many cities have you built/captured in the first 100 turns?
    Yes. Initial attack on Georgia at T46 only liberated Hattusa as they built walls with an archer inside their capital before my small force of warriors/archers got there so I held off until I got horsemen. After that swept across Asia. Took Scotland after building ships. I did a ‘massive’ settler chop (about 7) to settle Africa and a couple other spots. By T100 I had 20 cities with only 2 Indian cities remaining in Asia and 5 settlers moving into position. Ended with 30 cities after capturing 3 from the Mapuche Empire.

- How soon did you build a District? Which ones did you prioritize? How did you place your districts?
    First Library in the 50s, then Gov Plaza; emphasized Libraries/Commercial Hubs with a scattering of others; generally tried to use the river bonus provided by the Netherlands

Sc:
    Pottery, Irrigation, AH, Archery, Writing, Mining, HBRiding, Currency; eventually beeline upper tier for Rocketry, Satellites, Robotics, then lower tier for Nano Tech, Nuclear Fusion
    Cul: CoL, Craft, FT, EE, Mil Trad, Mys, Pol Phil; then district/science/gold bonuses, then Democracy, then Globalization

- How did you play your governance cards, priorities?
    Started Survey (try to get L3 scouts) and Urban, then Discipline (for Barb invasion), God King after I got a +20 faith TV for Pantheon, Colonize for settlers, then focused on Campus/Commercial Hub adjacency bonuses, and others as needed (i.e. Ilkum for worker spam, etc.)

In late T30s I got +20 faith from a TV, then switched to God King policy to get T45- Pantheon, Goddess of the Harvest. On T65 bought a great scientist for +1 science in libraries. T76 bought a great prophet for T78-Found Religion with Jesuit Education and Holy Order. Spread my religion internally with missionaries and then generally bought libraries/universities.

- What City-States did you meet and which ones did you cultivate to your side? Were City-States helpful?
    Eventually met 11 of them; liberated all I found that were captured, starting with Hattusa; worked for Suz with as many as possible with generally priority order Science, Trade, Culture, Industrial, Militaristic

- Were your neighbors peaceful? Did you instigate any major wars?
    They didn’t have the opportunity. Yes, after getting horsemen I eliminated all AI I could reach by land. India was last as they already had multiple varu running around by the time I took out Georgia. Took out Scotland as soon as I got ships out.

Golden Ages are awesome – made that a focus for Free Inquiry which helped make my Commercial Hubs science hubs also. Magnus +100% chop and other features are a game changer. I like how great people become very hard to get if you are moving too fast, but the new features lead to a different way to space victory: Reyna contractor and Pingala Space Initiative.

--I’d never played TSL Earth, so did a few 50 turn starts, but always had at least 2 of 3 Spain/Russia/Rome, so start without any of them was insanely different which was fun. I only knew the Africa and some Asia city states. Only ever found 11 total in the game, so not sure what happed to the 12th or if that was just a typo in the description – I was really looking for a second science CS.
    --The early barbs slowed my expansion down which led to Georgia getting walls up before I could take them early, but just waited on horsemen.
    --Getting Goddess of the Harvest was a surprise which allowed buying a GS and GPh early. I decided to stick with my Free Inquiry plan vice using faith for settlers/builders via Monumentality; mostly used the faith for libraries/universities.
    --I need to learn to play eureka/overflow better; lost time not planning that out better, doing bad things like having a sliver left for Machinery, then immediately building 2 crossbowmen, getting a eureka and losing the overflow I just gained. Also need to figure out how to time when to beeline the upper science line; toward the end I was building seaside resorts for the heck of it while I waiting to get 1 tech per turn for the last 20+ turns along the bottom tech lines.

Immensely. Thanks for continuing to set these up!:thumbsup::cool:

Attached Files:

7. Half Nelson

Half Nelson Ancient Mariner Supporter

Science victory turn 241. De Gaulle 1253 points.

I had my first Space Port ready by turn 199 but didn’t have sufficient science (eventually peaked at just over 1000) to get through the required techs for a smooth finish, although space projects were completed quickly enough with 7-charge builders (many bought with faith courtesy of a Golden Age dedication).

From turn 110 I conquered Scotland then back to complete conquest of India. By this stage I had met all remaining AI (Korea was already conquered by Mongolia) and was subject to general hatrid. I then focussed on science and production. I finished with 20 cities.

I recruited some good early GP but the AI were so far behind in tech that Modern and later GS had not appeared by endgame.

A major surprise was taking 4 Mongolian cities by loyalty pressure, also that I founded the final religion without making any effort to do so.

Netherlands were fun to play once the full polder yields were available and I made much use of these as the game progressed. The improved riverside adjacency boni were also strong but other unique features were less memorable:- the trade boni in particular seem rather weak. I built one UU but I hardly used it in battle.

This was my first Civ6 game with the TS Earth map, good fun! Many thanks for the game.

Attached Files:

8. Fivethumbs

Fivethumbs Chieftain

Science victory t228

Met the horses and the Bruce on t2, so went to research Irrigation asap to sell some Wine to the thirsty Scotts.
    Expanded to 3 cities (scout->builder->settler, bought 3rd settler for booze money) and rushed for Horsemen. After expansions got some more booze to sell to India, Mongolia.
    Started producing Horsemen at maybe t60 (no army before that at all), suzerained Hatusa and Kabul, and planned to rush Georgia/India with CS help. India took Tbilisi faster.
    Just before the horsemen attack lost suzerainity at Hatusa, so CS became impassable terrain (so unexpected), so had to go round north losing few turns (wanted to keep Hatusa alive for Science bonus).
    India had 4 elephants running around, so it took many turns to drag them out to hunt one by one, Kabulian archers helped a lot.
    When arrived to Tbilisi there was an elephant inside, and city was non-siegeable (exit to the lake), so Tbilisi war took super long, despite having 4-5 horses around... Horseman attacks, loses 60% hp, then has to recuperate for 4 turns standing still before taking another shot, Tbilisi regenerates...
    By turn 100 had zero Campuses, but about to complete one (screenshot at t100).
    After India lost elephants and Tbilisi, conquest went fast.
    After India was done, semi intense war with Mongolia followed, Mongols drank booze and stole my horses, but by that time had few XBows and couple of Knights and Mongols ran out of steam eventually.
    Only good thing going was Religion (took Golden age dedication for +4 prophet points to get one) - eventually had both Harvest pantheon and Jesuit education, so after t100 ball started rolling and science / culture went up fast by mass chopping and buying stuff with faith and money.
    After war with Mongols it was mostly uneventful race to space, biggest threat was to win culturally, so kept selling great works and booze to the whole wide (angry) world.
    One of the ages (Renessaince?) was Golden Monumentality, bought traders and builders non stop using faith. Expanded way too late to Africa.

So Religion saved the day in this lazy start. Not building ancient army (archers+warriors) was not a good decision - naked Horsemen with no ranged support cant do much vs elephant.

Attached Files:

9. isopaha

isopaha Chieftain

Turn 273 SV. Quite an interesting game in an Earth map, which I had not played before. Stupid me assumed almost all civs would be represented on the map :D Did not settle my native Finland (or Scandinavia) as it was mostly useless forest. Wait, why do I live here IRL? :D

Settled NL, Poland, Switzerland, Greece and Spain + 4 cities in Africa and 1 in Middle East. Got DoWed by Scotland and Georgia, which lead to me capturing some of their cities and eliminating them. Though in the beginning Scotland almost took my capital actually, because I did not have a navy at that point. I was expecting for them to attack me as soon as they got a navy, but I didn't do anything about it. Later some wars with India and Indians, but did not take any cities.

Just early science stuff

No, did not see it worth while.

Kumasi was probably the main source. Other than that I used two theater squares and as the AI completed almost none of them, I got quite a lot of great works. Culture was no problem during the game and I even got the inspiration for the last space ship part.

No, not myself, but I was considered a warmonger anyway.

Yes quite helpful, but I would have hoped for more scientific ones.

Governors were useful, but I mainly kept them at certain spots most of the game. Did not start a single alliance.

Empty Africa, I decided to scout it quickly and make the most of it when I saw it was unoccupied and contained lots of good city spots.

Yeah it was interesting, but I still think such low difficulty levels should not be used. It was interesting to find out which city states and natural wonders would be represented.

Attached Files:

10. ferenginar

ferenginar Grand Nagus

Dark Age Science Victory T348 1927 AD Score 1918

Settled 8 Captured 20

Research prioritisation was generally targeted at eurekas, with the exception of a short bust to square rigging to unlock the UU -De Zeven Provinciën. Policy selection was targeted at cash generation and Rationalism and Grand Opera when available

No

Not specifically, City states and grand opera

Yes, initial DoW on Georgia to prevent Tamar from hampering my expansion, took a couple of Cities from her then made a nice peace deal. I then expanded across western Europe without any problems. I instigated another right at the end, decided to take down Genghis as he had quite a few Armies, of old era units, and it seemed like an easy opportunity to make some era points, and take a few cities, both aimed at adding to my score as I completed the last space project.

I received a few joint Dow’s from Scotland, Gerogia…India. Kept them all at bay, until I got the De Zeven Provinciën, then blasted Scotland, taking their cities, then rolled the Bombards in to Georgia, and took them out too.

Not worried about Suzerainty, I just put them at 6 to benefit from the cash, production, and culture bonuses.

A heroic age helped me establish a solid base, and a good lead in science. Though two dark ages were a pain.

Really surprised when Korea, took a science lead by launching before me, which was odd because I was 10 techs ahead. They really beelined that one. Didn’t really need to do anything, as they were so far behind, but I had a spy destroy their space port anyway, and made sure I got Carl Sagan, buying him with Faith.

Very much, first time I have ever played an earth map.

Attached Files:

11. misterjoshua

misterjoshua Chieftain

SV T337 1916AD

Settled 7 or 8 in Europe and Africa. Stole a settler from Georgia early on. Took 3 from Lautaro. Loyalty flipped 4. Took one CS.

Research whatever I'd got Eureka's for with a slight focus towards science and production.
    Policies was the usual push for Pol Phi. then each

Nope. Not even a little bit.

Didn't.

Not really, but I was the target of a few. The only war I started was when I stole a Georgian settler early on. I was target of a late joint war by Lautaro and Poundmaker. I was also target of an emergency from Poundmaker when I took a City State (that kept attacking me, Cree Suzerain). I took all of Lautaro's good cities. This is one of the first ever games I've made effective use of a navy.

Think I had Zanzibar all game. Was Suzerain of a bunch, but they didn't effect things overly. I Levied Carthage on occasion.

Magnus let me settle Africa without losing pop. I had a surprising number of loyalty flips. 2 Scottish cities flipped (only had his capital left) and 3 former Georgian cities (now Mongolian) flipped to me too.

Being the target of an Emergency for taking a CS.
    Africa being empty.
    Mongolia being friendly (and Allied) all game.
    The city flipping.

Hmm. At first, no. Didn't really like the map and the space is quite limited. I stopped playing it for a while. I picked it up again a couple of weeks later and finished it, and enjoyed it much more once I'd started expanding to Africa and South America.

Screenshot: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....850/6C008AD8DDE47804A305E133202F9FF61851B9EA/

Attached Files:

12. rfa

rfa Chieftain

Victory! Turn 445

Settled 15, lost one on culture to Ghengis. Picked two up from Robert (?Bruce?) but only kept the one on European continent.
    Prioritised Cash, Science & Culture - needed money to pay for stuff & Art Museuems for antiquties
    No
    Trade & Wonders
    No. Only war was with Cree & that ended once the Armarda turned up
    Hattusa was early
    This is my 1st Science victory (& only 4th since I) - I had no idea that I needed to do the three parts of the Mars Ship until after turn 300. Could've probably finished 100 turns earlier.
    See above & few wars as allied for all of game. & Ghengis took out India :)
    Yes & looking forward to finishing another game soon :)

Attached Files:

13. antimony

antimony Chieftain

T181 SV

Settled the first city on wheat across the river to the east, to get 5F at the start and early horses... anticipating slow pop. growth on those plains. Went scout, settler (got a builder and +1 pop from a hut) and settled the 2nd city on the wine to the SW, traded resources to Robert for lump gold.

First army (warrior + archers) took Tamar and Chandra's cities, later army (knights, archers + ram) would conquer Mongolia, Korea and Scotland (got feudalism around T80, I think, did not wait for mercenaries). Overall 9 cities settled and around 15 conquered.

I decided to prioritize campuses and theater squares due to the easy +3 adjacency bonuses around river (city centre + campus + theater triangles). I got both rocketry and democracy around T150, used moon landing boost to reach globalization. Still science output was the limiting factor here (probably due to the single scientific CS). For space production there were plenty of trees and deer in the taiga. I was planning for 3 spaceports but 2 were enough given I was waiting for the techs to finish. Spaceport 1: Rayna to buy, then Magnus to chop projects. Spaceport 2: Magnus to chop spaceport, then Pingala for projects (lots of builders and a few leftover chops).

With only 2 CH with markets, about half of my gold was from polders (that 5G yield after civil engineering!) and the other half from trading resources to Scotland, and later Cree / Mapuche.

Attached Files:

14. whacker

whacker Chieftain

T160 SV

Netherlands are a pretty well rounded civilization, i really like the river adjacency, especially since you need the +3 to make most use of the rationalism card. Polders were very useful as well, the earth map really makes them shine.

Settled 14, captured 15.

Sailing for galley scouts and to improve the horses. Afterwards stirrups/mercenaries for knight conquest, then rocketry and globalization.

I initially wanted to buy a prophet and found jesuit education religion, but i was way too late conquering a holy site, so i got the 5. GP with GPP and founded +1amenity, cheaper missionaries and +1 science/gold from campi and hubs. Spreaded it internally with missionaries and some inquisitors.

Oracle/Pingala for great writers, built some theaters. More importantly was suzerain to Nan-Madol and Kumasi, lots of culture from trade routes and all those coastal cities. Monuments in all cities and early Colloseum.

Yea, i wiped out everybody on the eurasian landmass + Kabul for a nice Petra city. Did not bother conquering the Mapuche and the Cree because theit cities were very poorly developed.

Very much so. Nan-Madol and Kumasi are the best culture CS in my oppinion and Hattusha was nice for some extra science. Sadly there was no 2. science CS, but one is better than none i suppose. :)

Pingala+Oracle is a fantastic combination, i go for it in almost all my games. Buying the spaceports for gold is great and building the spaceproject with builder charges comes in handy as well, althoguh there was plenty of wood in the northern russia region so i did not need it this game. Magnus is broken and even more so when combined with harvest Pantheon and monumentality golden ages. Although i love the strength of this combination i feel it is so much better than every available option so i hope firaxis balances this a bit better with next patch.

I played the TSL earth map once in another GOTM with pericles, so the map was no surprise. I decided to use knights for conquest as i am used to playing on deity and was surprised how far behind the AI`s were, i would have been better off using horsemen. Africa being empty was a pleasant surprise though :)

Very much so, again thanks a lot for setting up these GOTM`s for us!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
  15. Khalid

Khalid Chieftain

T221 Science victory, score 1588. When reading Eliminator_Sr's post, I thought he is writing about my game.

The world barely turned into the Industrial era, when my wooden (chopped) Mars module landed :mischief:

I really like the Netherlands civ and the map was perfect for them. The river adjacency bonus is great and it provides additional era score for the districts with large adjacency. The polders really shined on this map, I got some 7food,3hammer,7gold or 8food,4hammer,5gold tiles.

I wanted initially expand peacefully given the large open space, but when Georgia took over Hattusa, they had to go to the dustbin of history. So I built the warriors throne, some archers and charriots and off to war. Taking Tbilissi popped an emergency, which Chandra boldly took. At the same time, he took a Korean city, which also triggered an emergency, so me and Chandra were facing each other. His varu in the jungle were a nightmare and I was slow with knigths. Lost a few charriots, so the war took long. Chandra killed Genghis by the way. Then killed Korea because they messed up with my city states. Then Scots after they join DoWed me with Cree. Later DoWed the Cree for the 20% production bonus for building the space stuff.

I found religion with the Georgian an Indian holy sites, took jesuit education, but forget to spread it. I used the early faith to buy workers.

very much. Was suzerian of all except La Venta and kabul (which I took). Got the free envoys in Africa. Took Amani first for Kumasi to boost culture with the trade routes. Toronto and Zanzibar were pretty useful as well and also Carthage for the early unit production.

no civ nearby in western Europe.
    early barb horses from Spain were a pain and also the Viking barbs.
    I had so much culture from trade routes mid game that I did not bother with museums at all. Only built three early theaters and writers.
    I was short on science in the end but have plenty of production. Build several spaceports, but really used only the one in Amsterdam and one in the tundra forest where I chopped half of the projects with Magnus including the last one. I moved him a bit around to chop stuff, but not much. Pingala was sitting in the capital. Didn't need Reyna to buy a spaceport.

Very much and thanks for the Great game.

Attached Files:

16. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.