1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM 38 After Actions Report

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, May 1, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Welcome to the 6otM 38 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle or capture?

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?

- Did you bother with Religion?

- How did you pump your Culture?

- Did you instigate any major wars?

- Were City-States helpful?

- How did the new features help you?

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

- Did you enjoy the game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Last edited: May 1, 2018
  2. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

SV T173
    My first game for nearly 4 weeks, just messed around as I knew it would be a good map. lots of mistakes, key being 15 turn delay from royal society build (duh)
    Second science game of R&F, not often I got to 2k science, great map
    Gonna try again with more violence, I just held back for some reason.
    upload_2018-5-4_11-17-11.png
    Spoiler :

How many cities did you settle or capture?
    Settled 12 - captured 15
    What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    Pushed to Political Philosophy before Drama and Poetry but then recorded history for Sendeok is OP. Then to exploration and globalization getting envoys along the way.
    Science wise I was a mess jumping everywhere, I could have got Kilwa much earlier, just forgot. But basically push to rocketry, moon, Mars habitation and push the last 2 after globalization
    Did you bother with Religion?
    Nah. pointless
    How did you pump your Culture?
    Nan Modal on island map is always super strong.... a few earlyish theaters... I know I should build them first but this is Sendeok!
    Did you instigate any major wars?
    Shaka wanted Valetta so I made him my Valet instead
    Genghis and Tomyris joint declared on me... what a joke... I did not put it in the surprise section because it was not.
    Oh yes, managed to keep most of them for most of the game, good quests. 65 envoys at the end.
    Magnus chop, Reyna buy, Pingala double GP & projects. Kilwa was great when I eventually got it.
    My spy was 85% for creating a scandal and died... I then forgot to get one to protect my spaceport and it was sabotaged near the end. One suspects the French.
    I forgot a bit about money for buying spaceport and also I only had 1/4 of the chop required for the royal society which slowed me by 15 turns.
    Always a great map, very enjoyable, golden ages all the way of course.
    I'm gonna play it again although I doubt I will spend too much time micromanaging. certainly I would have thought below T150 if one managed well and was more violent.
    Nan Modal made this game for me I found it early with a builder.
    Key thing for me is the AI is now just so slow with walls / science now that 2 caravels and 4 frigates was plenty for what I needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  3. Halfdan Helgrim

Halfdan Helgrim Chieftain

SV 243
    Was too slow - once again.

Around 10. When Zulu declared war on me, took his capitol and one city, raze two in bad spots and also took Kabul from Zulu. Took India capitol.

Science.

Yep.

- How did you pump your Culture?
    Monuments and some theaters

No. But many declared war on me.

Probably

Magnus and chopping as always.

Not a lot of room to build cities or districts

Yup. Was nice builder game.

Attached Files:

4. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Emperor

SV, turn 315 :undecide:

This was the most fun game I have had in a long time! Also, a lot of firsts for me....

First Island plates map (I really liked it!)
    First time I was ever in a dark age (actually twice, and I ended up winning in a Dark age which was ... odd...)
    First time I realized the importance of (or even built) spies -- I might have won sub 300 (which was my goal) if I knew that spies could sabotage Space Districts -- That set me back a total of 11 turns....
    First time Zulu wasn't a problem for me ... He was all religion and wonders this game ... although he did declare on me twice.

I settled 8 cities. I did not found or pursue a religion in any way, although I did take God of the Sea.
    No declared wars (I fought two wars against Zulu, both very easy). I was able to remain friends with everyone except Zulu and Sumeria.

Spoiler :

[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2018
  5. Victoria

T156
    Gave it another go with violence, just to see how much difference it would make.
    Lots of little things still missed and I am sure pushing more culture would probably help more
    upload_2018-5-9_23-13-40.png
    Thanks GOTM team, its been a pleasure

Attached Files:

6. Falabello

Falabello Prince

Just to participate: Game not valid!
    Finished by Culture and Domination! And Science not completed....

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  7. pahakuutti

pahakuutti Chieftain

154/155 Culture Victory by Accident

Pushed too much culture. Was one turn away from launching the space ship when culture victory got triggered.

Spoiler :

damn those AIs had poor culture output

Anyways, strategy was to build theater square and seowon to every early/mid city. That worked quite well. Reached globalization without the help of moon landing.

Also, went crazy with monumentality + goddess of harvest. Settled around 30 cities. Captured only 3 as Zulu and India declared joint war. What a joke that was. Zulu had only few archers against my swords and xbows.
    And no walls. Only indian unit I saw was trireme which got sunk by my walled city. Didn't even bother to capture India's crappy cities.

Attached Files:

8. Falabello

Falabello Prince

Hi everyone - Just a little help:

I won this game by accident by Culture (and after dy Domi). It's the first time I really try a Space Victory with better numbers, so next I'll take more care.

But prepare two cities with Reyna and Magnus to finish the space parts, and here's my doubt.

My game with Magnus: Woods - 286 prod (chop) and Deer - 357 prod (harvest). Open Victoria's game and his numbers: Woods 378 and Deer 472. Logically I didn't finish all parts. Both games were at Renaissance Era (I continue the Victoria's game for one turn to reach it). I guess all my chops during the game were also low! So, what am I missing? Why my chops and harvest are too low?

I apreciate and thank all help!

Attached Files:

9. pahakuutti

pahakuutti Chieftain

I think after the last patch Magnus chops were reduced from 100% to 50%. That might explain it.

10. Falabello

Falabello Prince

I think you're right. I completely forgot that there was a new patch coming. Probably I should finished this game off-line...
    Thank you for your attention :)!

11. arthur486

arthur486 Warlord

SV @ 218.

Started after the patch dropped. Occupied my continent, took out Shaka and protected the science city states and Nan-Madol, which I found late.

Settled around 10 and captured another 10.

Build Seowons everywhere, did not push culture enough however.

Nope.

Just the one where I took out Shaka. Attacked Tomyris when she declared on Geneva.

Absolutely, Geneva and Nan-Madol were very good. Especially the culture one.

Used Magnus for chops, Pingala to speed things up.

This was the first game when I used Royal Society, for some reason it had not occured to me that the modules were Spaceport projects :blush:

Thoroughly. Thanks 6otM team!

12. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Emperor

Science Victory T 247 (not competing as usual as i've been testing the upcoming R&F version of CQUI mod this game).

Not a great timing for Korea i guess but i played to optimize my fun, not my finish time. I still could have done better if i had thought of the Royal Society before i saw it in the available buildings list. I must say AIs have been useless earning great scientists this game (france got 2, i got the rest) so i ended up using GSs that wouldn't give me any eureka (i had already researched everything in their era) just to get to the next one and still didn't see the first of the space GSs.

How many cities did you settle or capture?

I wanted to try and play "tall" seeing as Korea is probably a good civ for such a game with their governors UA so i had decided to settle 4 "core" cities and use the 4 "builder" governors to boost those, then add a couple smaller support cities with nothing but a Campus and Harbor/Commercial Hub and not even bother to grow them further. I built the Audiance chamber to get free housing and amenities in those core cities. After i built the Casa de Contraction, i recruited the remaining 3 governors for my 3 support cities so they ended up not that small in the end with housing from the governors and food from trade routes. I still didn't build many districts in those and instead attempted to build a bunch of Wonders when they didn't have anything else to build. I got Forbidden city and Oxford that way (i didn't have a place to put Oxford in my core cities).
    At some point i captured Ulundi and also a settler from Gengis which i used rather late for a crappy city in a small spot south east of Valetta.
    At the end of the game i settled 3 more cities on a southern island but those were gifted to Tomyris to keep her alive.
    So in the end i had 9 cities, 7 of those had been settled with my own settlers.

Honestly i don't remember very well. CQUI had an issue when i started playing where the tech tree wouldn't display so i selected the early techs one at a time, trying to remember the paths (fortunately i know early techs rather well). I started with Mining then Sailing to improve the resources near the capital, then Archery, Writing and Bronze Working (maybe not in that order), then Navigation for the Harbor in the capital and then Apprenticeship (filling up prerequisites) but after that i don't know exactly until i got a fix for the tech tree issue and could beeline Chemistry. I researched naval techs before any military one knowing i would need them anyway and seeing it was a water map.

I stole the last religion from some unsuspecting AI (i think it was Sumeria).
    What happened is i got a relic from the only goody hut i found on my island and a semi early pantheon when goddess of harvest was still available. I took that pantheon to try and benefit from free workers with the monumentality GA. I was expecting a GA thanks to the Seowon and some barbarian camps. I had to rush exploration of the water to get it thanks to first contacts with major civs and also use an early envoy to become suzerain of Buenos Aires but managed to get it. When i got the first government there were still several prophets available so after researching Mysticism for Oracle i slotted the great prophet card. When i looked at the progress some time later after lots of cutting and faith-buying workers, a settler or 2 and a trader, 2 AIs were close to getting the last 2 prophets so i bought one with some excess faith. I used him as some sort of immortal scout for some time while Chandragupta was happily converting me and later when i had built 4 holy sites, became suzerain of Yerevan ("wasting" only 1 envoy on it thanks to quests) and accumulated faith, i used the "religion bomb", founding, taking Holy Order as first belief and then buying 4 apostles. 2 of them got Debater, the other 2 Pilgrim. The pilgrims went to Delicate Arch which i had settled earlier, then used the 3 bonus spread to spread to my last 3 cities and enhanced with the "base" spread while the 2 debaters made me untouchable. Took the culture from temples belief, the amenity building and +1:c5science:+1:c5gold:, using my Holy sites as Theater squares alternatives that provided more than just culture.

As explained above, mostly with my opportunistic religion.
    I also got some culture from CS trade routes with the suzerain bonus of one of the cultural CS.

I wanted to try a really peaceful game and as such i didn't declare war nor even denounce even once in the game. I did however answer 2 emergencies and defended against a surprise Zulu attack, taking Ulundi to teach Shaka a lesson.
    Were City-States helpful?
    Extremely helpful in the early game. Culture and Militaristic are my favourite first contacts and in this game i got both. Later i mostly focused on the bonus yields rather than suzerain bonus with the exception of the cultural CS giving bonus culture from trade routes as i was gaining 10 and 8 culture from each of my 2 trade routes to nearby CSs, helping me get those social policies.

How did the new features help you?
    The Royal Society was absolutely essential for not finishing several dozen turns later (rough guess for T 300+ finish without it). If i had remembered about it and tried harder to get to T3 government rather than hope to clear the entire GS pool on my own i could have saved some time as i didn't even beeline the space techs without any way to quickly finish the projects. I also bought the spaceport thanks to Reina.

Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    Lots of small surprises such as finding the Delicate Arch and Shaka not bothering to settle there, then being able to build Petra with lots of Magnus powered cutting. AIs almost totally ignoring great scientists. Tomyris being crushed by French pressure.
    The biggest game-changing surprise thought was that relic allowing me to get harvest pantheon.
    Did you enjoy the game?
    Yep, even thought there wasn't much of a challenge i still had a lot of fun trying to play totally opposite from the usual(ly effective) military victory (i consider a science victory where you get 1000s of science from captured cities a military victory and not science) and being the most peaceful and friendly civ in the world.

Spoiler bits and pieces :

The Buenos Aires incident.
    Buenos Aires had been very helpful for us since we made first contact, from the bonus production to build the Oracle in the capital to an ancient era suzerainty allowing us to get a very useful classical Golden Age to free amenities. At some point thought Chandragupta who had been friendly so far decided to invade it. As soon as he had conquered it, he complained about being too close to our borders :wallbash: so when the emergency showed up the next turn Korea immediately answered the international call to liberate their former vassal ... and was alone to answer. Some brand new frigates made short work of the Indian Varus, allowing our brave knights to liberate the City State. We quickly made peace after that without even trying to take the Indian city located on the same island as we are not invaders and Chandragupta even returned to his previous friendly attitude once Buenos Aires was once again standing between his lands and ours.:hammer2:
    The fumbled Zulu invasion.
    With our powerful (because highly advanced) navy busy liberating Buenos Aires, Shaka decided it was a good time to launch a surprise attack:gripe:. Honorable Tomyris immediately denounced him but she was far away and he didn't care, confident his large army led by Impis would make quick work of our remaining forces. He wasn't expecting our double-trouble counter.
    1st trouble, we were Suzerain of Valetta and had a lot of faith thanks to our desert city near Delicate Arch and multiple holy sites. After some prayers, walls appeared overnight in every Korean city and started bombarding his units :please:
    2nd trouble, we had a lot of science per turn and it took only a couple turns to turn our crossbowmen into devastating rocket firing Hwacha.
    His army was quickly dispatched, knights and even horsemen and a lone monk i recruited out of curiosity before removing Hinduism from our cities finishing the badly wounded units but in order to avoid such a situation in the future i decided to teach him a lesson and show the world what it costs to attack Korea. Our army (well those that weren't totally outdated) marched on Ulundi that quickly fell under a rain of rockets, then we followed by liberating Kabul and earning a big tribute from the Zulu for peace. All of this happened so quickly the rest of the world didn't even question our invasion of Ulundi, only remembering we once again liberated a small victim from the clutch of an aggressive neighbour, but Ulundi was now ours like a warning to anyone willing to threaten us.:trouble:
    The Bandar Brunei incident.
    Some time later, it was Mongolia who invaded another City State. We were not even suzerain but their advices were really boosting our commerce so it was an annoying incident. However we never had anything but good relations with Gengis so there was a lot of debate in our Republic when the world once again raised an emergency but in the end, the Merchants convinced Korea we couldn't stand idle when such a valuable ally was brutally invaded (yes, i was in Merchant Republic at that time). Once again Korea answered the international call for help, and once again we were alone :shake:
    Our Frigates were now Battleships accompanied by Ironclads with Admiral Nelson to lead the fleet. It took us about 10 turns to reach the city, sinking Mongolian Privateers along the way but a single turn was enough to free it.
    We made peace in the same turn but the Merchants insisted Gengis should pay us some Tribute to cover our war expanses. Oh, there was already some international reward, that's unexpected but appreciated, thanks. BTW, we showed Bandar Brunei we can better protect them than their previous suzerain yes? Well we can certainly keep protecting them :deal:
    The Scithia incident.
    Korea was busy preparing a mission to the moon when we received disturbing news from our friend Tomyris. Foreign agitators from France were raising her own citizens against her and she was facing rebellion in all her cities. Suddenly her own capital revolted and she was left with only 3 cities losing loyalty and to make things worse Gilgamesh decided to attack her while she was weak. We hadn't forgotten she was the only one to condemn the Zulu for their treachery and wanted to help her but there wasn't much we could do. Our famous fleet, that recently came back from Bandar Brunei was sent to help her. Liberating the revolting cities and giving them back to her was easy but they kept revolting every 5 turns, effectively locking our fleet in place. The situation seemed hopeless for our old friend but we wouldn't abandon her yet. In 3 of our cities, we produced enough material to build some brand new cities (settlers) and sent them to the last free land away from any foreign influence, a large island in the southern ocean that had been so far left out to bandits and pirates (barbarians) with some modern military escort, cleared it and quickly built 3 cities. Then we sold them for 1 GPT as she was too proud to accept them as a gift (no kidding, the AI actually refused the gift :hammer2:) 1 turn before her last city revolted for the 4th or 5th time.
    It's not a great land, it's colder than her previous home but at least she can live however she wants away from any foreign agitators and she even has a bit of land to expand (i didn't have time to get a 4th settler:dunno:)

13. seb_schmitt

seb_schmitt Chieftain

Science Victory, Turn 225, 2141 points

Found one bug: city state screen would neither update nor accept any button click for several turns. Assumably caused by interacting with it while space rocket launched. Reloading the game helped, so nothing bad in the end.

Typical navy and science path, Autocracy and later Oligarchy and Merchant Republic, then Democracy

Since no one wanted the last prophet, I took him and tried to enforce science output.

Bought Monuments whenever I had the money, which was in most of the cases when I founded a new city or conquered one. Later a couple of Theatre Squares and bought great persons with faith.

Killed anyone besides old buddy Gilgamesh.

Yes, especially those who made my people happy (I think it was Zanzibar and Buoenos Aires), because they allowed me to sell all my luxuries to the AI.

Which new features? I was not aware of any.

No surprises.

Did you enjoy the game?
    Not as much as the latest games, since I always had the feeling that I could finish earlier with any different kind of victory. Have to improve my science game. Nevertheless thanks a lot for the game!

Attached Files:

14. shooter6947

shooter6947 Scientist Specialist

Score 1346, year 1912. Fun game -- first win on this level in Rise & Fall!

Attached Files:

15. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Science Victory T266

Settled the upper Continent with tightly spaced cities, then conquered the lower (Shaka) in the early/mid game (15 cities). Late in the game I liberated another 7 from the Mongols over the 30 or so turns preceding the science victory.
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? I went for Chemistry, then Industrialization, then Steel, then Satellites. By then I had so much science and so little competition, I just researched whatever.
    - Did you bother with Religion? Nope. Didn’t even look.
    - How did you pump your Culture? Theatre Squares, Colosseum, Suzerain of Kumasi.
    - Did you instigate any major wars? Ended the reign of the tyrant Shaka.
    - Were City-States helpful? Yes, as usual. Late in the game I sent 6 envoys to a couple of the gold city states which helped with the cash flow.
    - How did the new features help you? n/a
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? None.
    - Did you enjoy the game? Yes. I think I enjoyed the 6otM39 more with the Mapuche, but all-in-all, a fine time! I annexed most of the Mongol territory with a couple of Modern Armor armies after he declared a surprise war at the end of the game, which spiced things up a bit. I had the idea of vertical integration with Magnus instead of the hitting the usual goto “Buy The Spaceport” button with Reyna. I also spent 20 turns on the Rhur Valley, which probably ended up at no loss, but also no gain to the timeliness of the finish. The building as opposed to buying the spaceport was not a bad idea per se, as I could allocate the gold for Theatre Square buildings, but it is definitely slower. This was probably a bad idea relative to timeliness of the finish, but a good idea for creating Modern Armor armies and stadiums to support the war weariness necessary to take over the Mongol. A final note: Spaceports certainly do take quite some time to build without chopping anything. I don’t think I will ever straight out build one ever again.

Anyway, here’s a play by play…continued from the opening actions thread…

Turn 128
    • War reparations from Shaka expire in 1 turn. My 2 Hwacha and knight in the area should make short work of Shaka. I have also enlisted the aid of Abu Al-Qasim Al-Zahrawi for healing should anything strange happen. I have another knight on the way, and another in production. Republican Legacy is 12 turns away. I plan to knock Shaka completely out of the game.
    • I bought 2 galleys and sent them out to explore. Just this turn one of them stumbled on to Kumasi, so I dropped 3 envoys to augment my trade routes. My suzerain status @ Kumasi lit Geneva up and I dropped 3 envoys there too.
    Turn 135
    • Circumnavigated the globe for +3 era score. Unfortunately I was 76/66 score needed for a golden age already.
    • Have conquered 2 of Shaka's cities...Looks like he was kind enough to build us the pyramids, A BONANZA!!!
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 6_37_43 PM.png

Turn 147
    • Will change to a Merchant Republic next turn (after waiting 2 turns for era score). Am also waiting 1 more turn to knock Shaka out of the game for era score as well.
    • Dedicated monumentality golden age turn 148. At present I generate +10 faith per turn, shrug.
    • Of note, the Colosseum is still available. I figure, what’s the worst that can happen? I need an entertainment district anyway.
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 7_28_30 PM.png

Turn 150

• Well, that was quick. I had Magnus in the city already, bought a few builders with gold, 1 with faith, and produced one in Jinju, and wallah! The Colosseum. Note: This does bode well for the present management of Kabul.
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 7_49_22 PM_LI.jpg

Turn 157

• Kabul falls.
    • Present status of Korean kingdom: 15 cities, with 6 working on ResearchLlabs, 1 Intelligence Agency, 1 Library, 1 University, 1 Campus district, 3 Granaries, and 2 Water Mills.

Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 8_11_37 PM.png

Turn 175

Tomyris and China declare joint war on me. No units in site.

Turn 179
    I’m not sure how, but the Petra was still available, but I managed to build it using Isidore of Miletus @ Nodwengu (shake head). Tomyris and China still MIA.
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 8_59_58 PM.png

Turn 186
    Captured a settler being escorted with an archer from Tomyris using a galley then made peace with both China and Sythia. Yippee!!!

Turn 195

Finally got around to playing the Rationalism card. Whooops :undecide:

Turn 202
    Finished the Spaceport this turn. I suppose I could have bought it, but I’m not in a particular hurry. I’ve been buying Theatre Square buildings instead, and have a respectable 207 culture. I decided to build the Rhur Valley to expedite the rest of the space projects. I lost a mine but will get +20% production, which can add up when I divert all the trade routes to the area with the Ecommerce policy card (which I’m beelining). It will add +2 production / +5 gold for each trade route. I think I may declare a few wars going forward as well for a +20% Warlord’s Throne boost.

Turn 219
    Rhur Valley complete. 9 turns for a Launch Earth Satellite Project.

Turn 231
    A am beginning to think I should have built more than 1 Spaceport. Just upgraded 2 Knight armies to Modern Armor Armies this turn. Plan to then them towards Chandragupta to acquire +20% production bonuses from the Warlord’s Throne.

Turn 238
    As I was about to attack Chandragupta, Tomyris and China declared a surprise war against me again, so I redirected the 2 Modern Armor Armies toward them. I managed to liberate Xian on turn 238 (and there is no flashing RED FIST)!!! I think I will annex (or raze if amenities are scarce) the Mongols.
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 10_37_42 PM.png

Note to self: I think Pingala’s +30% space race projects ability beats Magnus’ vertical integration.

Turn 246
    Globalization and Ecommerce policy card hit.

Turn 266
    Continued the offensive against the Mongols. By the end of turn 266, when the Scientific Victory screen flashed I had captured all but one of their cities and had a respectable 250ish production level in my Spaceport city.
    Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_27_2018 12_58_24 AM.png

Spoiler :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 5_26_2018 11_41_21 PM.png

After action reflection: I will sometimes have to wait to launch a space project until I have researched the technology, so I went for Chemistry 1st before Industrialization. Not such a wise idea relative to timeliness. I should have gone Industrialization, bought a factory (not Theatre Square buildings), then built Rhur using the Great Engineer I burned on the Petra, immediately BOUGHT a Spaceport, then begun to work projects shifting all my trade routes to augment Spaceport production. Shrug. Such is life. A win is a win ;-).

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 27, 2018
  16. lordofcivs

lordofcivs Lord of The Civilizations

Watching others, looks like my win in turn 311 is very slow. But it was greatly fun this game. Really enjoyed it.

17. DougBSA

DougBSA Chieftain

Really enjoying this game, but it is slow going since i am not as gifted as many of the other posters. I can't figure out how to get the Royal Society to appear in the Government Plaza as a building option. I have done it before but can't seem to figure it out in the Civ6 civopedia (which isn't nearly as good as the Civ5 one!) I know Royal society is available after building level 1 and level 2 buildings but it still doesn't appear. Is there a tech or civic that enables it? Or possibly one of the cards that have got to be played.
    Any help is appreciated?

18. cheffster

cheffster Deity

Science Victory, Turn 177

Making a quick post now to get this submission in before the day ends and later on perhaps I will add to this post.

Early on for war on nearest 2 neighbors, later on for maximum science/gold.

Did get a religion from the HS in cities I captured but it had little impact.

Monuments in every city, but honestly the Nam Madol suzerain boost was the single biggest factor essentially doubling my culture output (not quite sure why it gives so much, seemed like much more then +2/district on coast)

Warpath I followed was conquering starting continent first 70 turns or so. Then moved onto India as soon as I had knights, and also went westward to conquer Mongolia/China as soon as I had caravels. The wars were laughably easy and I probably spent 10 turns over-preparing when I didn't need to.

The amenities boost on this map can't be understated from zanzibar and buenos aires.

I managed to make very good use of Magnus by re-assigning him through my cities with plenty of wood/deer/stone/etc to rush wonders/army/districts, etc whatever I needed. Near the end of the game harvested 12 or so plots with wood to rush one of the space projects.

There were a few things I overlooked that surprised me. I thought as soon as finishing the tier 2 gov plaza building that I could start on Royal Society. I didn't realize at first that you need a tier 3 government, so I lost about 10-15 turns delaying it's construction until I finished the necessary civics. (kind of like what happened to Victoria). My other bottleneck was not having enough science per turn. Around t100 I was getting 150/turn, early as t115 was getting about 450 and this steadily increased to 800 by t135, and almost 1k at t145 so I thought I had more then enough. Turns out I was delayed about 10 turns doing nothing except waiting to the finish researching the required techs. I could have easily put more resources into making beakers.

Did you enjoy the game?
    Yup, as always.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
  19. Victoria

remember every city is also a district and coast includes lakes for Nan Modal

Yeah, Zanzibar is the same amenities as a coliseum with 6 cities

20. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.