News: 6otM 06 Announcement

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Civilization VI - Game of the Month 6
Welcome to the 6th game in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series.
Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif, or Myself know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC the AI cant see that it will lose if it accepts the cities. .
Civ VI - 6otM 6 Details:
Player (You): Peter of Russia
Victory Condition: Culture but all other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Emperor
Civs/City-States (including player): 8/?
Map Type/Size: Shuffle/Standard Size
Game pace: Standard
This is where you will start
6otm6.jpg

Russian Unique Attributes:
Spoiler :
Peter's Special Ability: The Grand Embassy - Russia receives extra science and culture from trade routes with Civilizations that are more advanced than they are.
Unique Ability: Mother Russia: Cities found with extra territory, and tundra produce 1 additional production and faith per tile
Unique Unit: Cossack : Unique light Cavalry unit. It is stronger than the Cavalry it replaces it requires no resources and get +5 in combat when in or adjacent to home territory.
Unique District: Lavra: A replacement of the Holy site, it is produced in half the time. it produces an extra GP, GW, GA, GM per turn. It also doesn't count against a cities district count.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Spoiler :
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don’t be afraid to ask questions). It’s also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the next thread.
Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.
After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.
Results and Congratulations thread: We will create a separate thread with the results at the end of the one month submission period (sorted by date and score). We will issue medals to the top 3 winners (based on earliest date finished). There are no long-term records kept for these results, they are just given out to top finishers to reward their efforts.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends February 1, 2017.

Attachments

• 6otm_6_Peter_culture.Civ6Save
    335.9 KB · Views: 1,006
Last edited:
yeah, Russia!!!

What's behind tooltip?

The game starts on the 1st, this is the standard preview post that other GotMs have. I finished playtesting early enough to post a shot a bit early.

So, its okay to start now? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have little experience with GOTMs. (This would be my third.)

So, its okay to start now? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I have little experience with GOTMs. (This would be my third.)
Yes, please do. The file is available.

Best of luck in your game! :thumbsup:

So shuffle it means we have no idea what to expect although I do see some ocean there :D Lets hope is not an inland sea! hahaha

Looks like fun! I've been working on a Russia religious game, so it will be interesting to have a different focus with the same civ (first time doing that for me on civ VI).

Three cotton is nice, hopefully the neighbors (except whichever one(s) I have to take out to grow my civ) are friendly and have luxes to trade. Lavras will help with great people points.

And that's a pretty sweet spot for St Petersburg.

Would best plan be to settle 1W to get a harbor since we don't know what type of map it is? Also opens up being able to mine the hill versus farming a river tile? And then second city up in the cotton somewhere.

FYI: after the December patch, the lavra DOES count against the city's district cap.

Would best plan be to settle 1W to get a harbor since we don't know what type of map it is? Also opens up being able to mine the hill versus farming a river tile? And then second city up in the cotton somewhere.

I'm guessing I'll put a city one west of the salt, so moving the settler would mess that up for me. Also, I think that a city on a hill gets one extra production from the city square (can someone confirm?), which can be really nice for the early game. So, barring any last-minute inspirations when I open the game (or compelling arguments in this thread), I plan to settle in place.

Hello. First time playing GOTM. Wish me luck.

BL

Good luck Lee! I spent around 3 to 4 hours reading guides about culture victory and then writing down all important details of wonders, oh gosh, I always forget that this game can be very brain demanding in order to really plan things ahead haha.

Every time I try to open the file on my mac the game crashes. Is this file not compatible for the Mac version?

I believe (can't check as I am not home) the windows version of the game is now: 1.0.0.56

I think the MAC version is: 1.0.0.38.

They are not compatible. Please check your software version number.

edit- confirmed the latest windows version is 1.0.0.56.

Last edited:
Every time I try to open the file on my mac the game crashes. Is this file not compatible for the Mac version?

We're still on the old version before the Winter patch. Because it was during the crossover on GOTM 5, Leif put out a second save file for Macs. We'll likely have to wait until Mac gets the patch before we play this one.

Top Bottom