6otM 92A AAR

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM 92A After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game

Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle?

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?

- Did you bother with Religion?

- How did you Crush your enimies?

- Were City-States helpful?

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

- Did you enjoy the game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Zulu, Domination Victory, 181 turns, 1759 Score

- How many cities did you settle?
In the end I settled 9 and conquered 35. My continent was mine. Germany was uppity and also needed wiping out.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?
Iron working for swordsmen - but all the iron was with city states or hard to get to. Arrrg.
Pol Philosophy and then Mercenaries.
Really I just followed the eureka/inspirations available, trying to get completions of things to switch policies.

- Did you bother with Religion?
No, but I did bother with faith. I aimed to have faith for monumentality golden ages to generate builders and settlers. I was sure my nearby "friends" would supply me with Holy Sites and they did!

- How did you Crush your enimies?
Rome was the first, a swarm of warriors ran over to murder Trajan. He complained about my military build up on his borders, I told him not to worry, then a few turns later invaded. In fact most people I told not to worry and then invaded 3-4 turns later throughout the rest of the game.
Georgia was next as soon as I recovered and marched west from Rome. I wanted to hit her before Tamar could get walls but didn't manage, she did get some walls but no iron for her so no swordsmen. The walls were easy to bring down with my lone battering ram sent from my capitol.
Nubians, with their archers and crossbow men wrecked major harm on my troops. Annoying, in 1 turn killing my newly 4-promoted crossbowman from full to dead with city, shots crossbow man and a horse that ran over that I didn't think would get there.
Gilgamesh was of course my friend, until all my other "friends" on my continent were wiped out. Getting through the mountains were a major pain.

Once I found the other continent I swept Germany, bloody Frederick, he's so uppity. Then as I split moved my armies to other countries I just went straight for their capitals declaring multiple wars as soon as my troops were close enough.

- Were City-States helpful?
Yes. I did get suze on as many as possible, the cultural ones I felt were the most useful for keeping me up to date with culture. Valletta is awesome for building stuff, but conflicts so much with the monumnetality golden ages giving me builders/settlers.
Home Continent levies were key to victories: Mexico city helped with Rome and Georgia, a lot. Buenos Ares helped with Nubians. Valletta helped with Gilgamesh.
The most helpful one on the other continent was Zanzibar. When I discovered it, the germans were lining up troops to take it, I got Suze of it and when he declared war on it I was able to declare protectorate war to keep warmongering penalties down. Worked really well.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Gilgamesh was behind the most horrible range of mountains.

- Did you enjoy the game?
Yes. Domination is my favourite victory type. King difficulty is fun, it's not a super hard struggle all the way

Attachments

• AutoSave_0182.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 85
DV 159

I played the 'A' version so please corretct me if I'm not supposed to post here.

This version has worse starting location so we should have some extra points for this ;)

Nice game nothing surprising. Shaka is so op in dom :borg:

Moderator Action: Post moved to appropriate thread. leif

Attachments

• CZAKA 159 960 n.e.DV 159.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20200825233146_1.jpg
    20200825233146_1.jpg
    686.4 KB · Views: 143
Last edited by a moderator:
Domination, turn 187, score 1913.

I know why I don't finish faster. I keep getting focused on building districts instead of military, builders and settlers.

Attachments

• 6otM92A Dom Vic T187 S1913.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 104
Dom VC t233 Score 1803
I played 60tm92 previously, so my heart wasn't really in this one. I also lost at least 20t because it took a long time to find the Mongol capitol... I plowed through Scythia from the west, only to find mountain barriers. Had fun playing very relaxed and casual. Not sure if the update in the middle of my game changed anything, but if so, things just got easier.

Attachments

• SHAKA 223 1560 AD DV sc1803.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 86
This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish.

Top Bottom