1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM Master list

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Lord Yanaek, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Lord Yanaek

Lord Yanaek Chieftain

6otM have been running for quite some time now, and with more than 50 games available it's not easy to find the old ones. Those games are created to be played within 1 month from their publication but i know in Civ5, new players kept discovering the GotM and wanted to play old ones for fun. For those reasons i decided to create this list as i just came back to Civ6 after a long pause myself.

Finding a game
    Games are listed in chronological order. If there's any way to make tables that can be sorted i'll be glad to edit my post but so far i don't know if it's even possible in this forum. They list the civilization, victory, difficulty and map type so you can quickly find games that might be interesting for you. Unless otherwise stated all games start in Ancient Era and played at Standard speed on a Standard sized map.

Game of the Month Spirit
    If you're playing an old game, you're obviously not competing for the ranking but i encourage you to play in the spirit of the Game of the Month. Don't try to (ab)use known bugs and don't replay turns. It will make the game more interesting and will make the transition easier when(if) you decide to play one of those "for real".

Mods
    Mods are not allowed in the semi competitive GotM, even pure UI mods like CQUI. I think what you do when not playing for ranking is up to you as long as you try to respect the GotM spirit (no cheat mod) but be aware that some of those saves are quite old and might not work with recent mods. If anything doesn't work in one of those game, check whether or not you have mods active.

Comparing results
    Game results are reported in an "opening actions" and an "after action" thread. I didn't link those. Those threads can still be found in this forum, just search for "GotMxx" (where xx is the number of the game you've played) if you want to see how fast other players completed those games. Keep in mind that various patches have changed the rules and results for old games are not directly comparable with any result you might get now.

Also, according to arthur486 there was a patch that broke compatibility with previous saves causing some features to malfunction (at last Warmonger penalties and City-states bonuses). It's unknown whether or not this was fixed so if you notice those issues in a save let me know.

Vanilla games
    Those games were created prior to the release of the R&F expansion. As far as i can tell they can still be played even with expansions installed but obviously don't need them. The way the game works, loading a saved game causes the engine to use only the data that did exist when the game was created. This means if you play a Vanilla game and have R&F expansion, you won't be able to recruit any governor. Vanilla Patches such as changes to a unit cost are used but not new feature. By loading such a game you are essentially playing the latest version of Vanilla Civ6 without any expansion.

Game Civilization Victory Difficulty Map Notes
    6otM01 Rome (Trajan) Science King Continents
    6otM02 Greece (Gorgo) Culture Immortal Island Plates
    6otM03 Japan (Hojo Tokimune) Religion Prince Pangaea
    6otM04 America (Theodore Roosevelt) Domination Deity Continents
    6otM05 America (Theodore Roosevelt) Domination Deity Continents It's not a duplicate, the map is different from GotM04
    6otM06 Russia (Peter) Culture Emperor Shuffle
    6otM07 Norway (Harald) Science Immortal Continents
    6otM08 Aztecs (Montezuma) Domination Emperor Island Plates
    6otM09 Spain (Philip II) Religious Emperor Continent
    6otM10 Sumer (Gilgamesh) Any Prince Continent
    6otM11 China (Qin Shi Huang) Science Immortal Pangaea
    6otM12 Egypt (Cleopatra) Score (250 turns) King Continents
    6otM13 England (Victoria) Culture Deity Island Plates Medieval era start
    6otM14 Greece (Pericles) Religion King TSL Earth Quick speed
    6otM15 India (Gandhi) Domination Immortal Continents
    6otM16 Scythia (Tomyris) Culture King Continents
    6otM17 Germany (Frederick Barbarossa) Science Deity Continents
    6otM18 France (Catherine) Science Prince Continents
    6otM19 Brazil (Pedro II) Culture Immortal Pangaea
    6otM20 Congo (Mvemba a Nzinga) Score (250 turns) Prince Continents No tribal villages
    6otM21 Arabia (Saladin) Religious Deity Continents
    6otM22 Persia (Cyrus) Culture King Pangaea
    6otM23 Rome (Trajan) Domination Immortal Pangaea
    6otM24 Rome (Trajan) Domination Emperor Continent
    6otM25 Greece (Gorgo) Science Immortal Continents
    6otM26 America (Theodore Roosevelt) Culture King Shuffle
    6otM27 Arabia (Saladin) Religion Deity Island Plates
    6otM28 Aztecs (Montezuma) Science Emperor Pangaea 2 different maps
    6otM29 Japan (Hojo Tokimune) Culture Immortal Fractal
    6otM30 Norway (Harald) Religion Prince Island Plates
    6otM31 Russia (Peter) Domination Deity Pangaea
    6otM32 Sumer (Gilgamesh) Science King Continents Large Size map

Rise and Fall games
    Those games were created with the R&F expansion and require the expansion to be loaded. Most of the latest saves (starting at 6otM43) also require some or all of the DLC packs (even those where you play a non-DLC civ, as DLC civs can be found under AI control). Hopefully those games will work after Gathring Storm release the same way Vanilla games still work with R&F installed.

Game Civilization Victory Difficulty Map Notes
    6otM33 Scotland (Robert) Science Immortal Continents
    6otM34 Mongolia (Temujin/Genghis Khan) Culture Prince Pangaea
    6otM35 Cree (Poundmaker) Culture Emperor Continents
    6otM36 Netherlands (Wilhelmina) Science King TSL earth
    6otM37 Zulu (Shaka) Domination Deity Continents
    6otM38 Korea (Seondeok) Science Emperor Island Plates
    6otM39 Mapuche (Lautaro) Culture Immortal Pangaea
    6otM40 Georgia (Tamar) Religion Prince Continents
    6otM41 India (Chandragupta) Domination Deity Continents
    6otM42 England (Victoria) Score (250 turns) King TSL Earth Medieval Era start
    6otM43 Australia (John Curtin) Science Immortal Island Plates DLC Civ
    6otM44 Macedon (Alexander) Culture Prince Continents
    6otM45 Poland (Jadwiga) Religion Emperor Continents DLC Civ
    6otM46 Nubia (Amanitore) Domination Prince Pangaea Large map / DLC Civ
    6otM47 Khmer (Jayavarman VII) Culture Immortal Pangaea DLC Civ
    6otM48 India (Gandhi) Culture King Fractal No Barbarians / No Tribal Villages
    6otM49 Indonesia (Gitarja) Science Immortal Island Plates DLC Civ
    6otM50 Sumer (Gilgamesh) Science Prince Continents No other VC enabled / 6otM50 was a "special edition" featuring 5 games, each with the leader starting in his historic era and a different VC
    6otM50 Rome (Trajan) Score (200 turns) Prince Continents No other VC enabled / Classic Era start
    6otM50 Mongolia (Temujin/Genghis Khan) Domination Prince Continents No other VC enabled / Medieval Era start
    6otM50 Spain (Philip II) Religion Prince Continents No other VC enabled / Renaissance Era start
    6otM50 America (Theodore Roosevelt) Domination Prince Continents No other VC enabled / Industrial Era start / Should have been the culture game but was wrongly set to Domination
    6otM51 Congo (Mvemba a Nzinga) Domination Deity Pangaea Map is Hot and Wet / Classical Era start
    6otM52 America (Theodore Roosevelt) Culture Prince Continents No other VC enabled / Industrial Era start / "Replacement" for 6otM50 America map with correct VC
    6otM53 Sumer (Gilgamesh) Science Deity Pangaea

Last edited: Dec 15, 2018 at 4:55 AM
    rfa, comatosedragon and kcd_swede like this.
  2. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

3. arthur486

arthur486 Chieftain

This is very nice work, thank you! There is however one thing that should be mentioned - one of the updates broke playing games that were created with an earlier version. I remember war mongering and city-state bonuses not working properly. I'm not sure that has been fixed as of now.

4. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Great initiative and timing! Now I will have something to do instead of talking to in-l:splat:aws over the holidays! :assimilate:

5. Eyswein

Eyswein Chieftain

Nice work!

6. comatosedragon

comatosedragon Chieftain

Thank you for this

7. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

Only 3 deity R&F games and all domination :sad:

8. arthur486

arthur486 Chieftain

indeed ... :cry: