6otM146 Announcement

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to game 146 in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC as the AI can't see that it will lose if it accepts the cities.

Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.

Civ VI - 6otM145 Details:
Player (You): Kristina – Sweden
Victory Condition
: Culture or Diplomacy; all other VCs are enabled.
Difficulty: Prince
Civs/City-States
(including player): 14/10
Map Type/Size: Highlands / Standard Size

Start Position: Legendary
Resources: Abundant

Temperature: Cold
Rainfall: Wet
Disaster Intensity: 0

Game Mode(s): None

Game options:
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Barbarians; Tribal Villages
Game Version: This game was created in Civ6 Gathering Storm version 1.0.12.9.
Game Requirements: vanilla version of Civilization VI with Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions. All pre-NFP & NFP DLCs are required.

Here is where you will start:
6otM146 start.png

Kristina – Sweden Unique Attributes:
Spoiler Unique Attributes :

Kristina Leader Bonus: Minerva of the North - Buildings with at least three Great Work slots and wonders with at least two Great Work slots are automatically themed when all slots are filled. Gains the Queen's Bibliotheque unique building in the Government Plaza.

Unique Ability: Nobel Prize -+50 Diplomatic Favor upon recruiting a Great Person. +1 Great Engineer points from Factories and +1 Great Scientist points from Universities. Sweden's presence in the game adds three unique World Congress competitions in the Industrial Era.

Unique Unit: Carolean - Replaces Pike and Shot, Unlocked by Combined Arms
Common abilities: +10 Combat Strength vs. light, heavy, and ranged cavalry units.
Special abilities: +3 Strength Combat Strength per point of unused Movement.
Special traits: Higher Movement (3 vs. 2). Lower Gold maintenance cost (3 vs. 4).

Unique Infrastructure: Open-Air Museum - Built by builder; Unlocked by Nationalism
Effects: +2 Loyalty per turn in this city. +2 Culture and +2 Tourism for each type of terrain (Snow, Tundra, Desert, Plains, or Grassland) in which at least one Swedish city is founded.
Restrictions: Limit of one per city. Tiles with Open-Air Museums cannot be swapped.

Unique Infrastructure: Queen's Bibliotheque - Replaces N/A (built in Government Plaza as your Tier 2 building); Unlocked by Tier 2 Government
Effects: +2 Great Writer points per turn. +2 Great Artist points per turn. +2 Great Musician points per turn. +2 Great Work of Writing slots. +2 Great Work of Art slots. +2 Great Work of Music slots. Awards +1 Governor Title.
Restrictions: Cannot be built if Foreign Ministry, Grand Master's Chapel, or Intelligence Agency has already been built in this district.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler :
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don't be afraid to ask questions). It's also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the Opening Actions thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends 1 December 2022.

The save is attached below.

Attachments

• 6otM146_Sweden_CulDip_Prince.Civ6Save
    910.1 KB · Views: 253
I think I'll send the warrior west first to see what I can. If nothing special, settle in place.
I was wondering what would be most popular (based upon what you can see right now) - 1) SIP, 2) Settle on Amber, 3) something else.

Haha. I think there are more resources in this one screen than on the entire home continent from the last game.

Since this is Prince, we can afford to take a turn or two to explore before settling. I'll probably at least move the settler 1E to see what is there before deciding. But settling on the Amber would mean you have to sacrifice the cattle/pasture to build TOA....

You’re likely going to have to sacrifice that pasture anyway at some point… it’s the 3rd worst tile visible and easily choppable early

I'm trying to figure out what the game requirements are. I don't know what this means: "vanilla version of Civilization VI with Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions. All pre-NFP & NFP DLCs are required."

I only have vanilla, nothing else. Sure maybe I can get these "Rise and Fall" and "Gathering Storm" things. But what are pre-NFP and NFP? What are DLC's?

Please see this site and look at the list under DLC and under New Frontier Pass. That is what you need to play this game.
Thanks, I checked this on Steam.
Will there be (are there) games run here that I can play? I'm kind of okay with the expansions listed there (Rise and Fall, Gathering Storm), but I'm not inclined to spend lots of money on a pack that seems to have no added value whatsoever (if I understand it correctly, this New Frontier Pass just adds some extra civilizations).
Maybe I should check older games here?

Maybe I should check older games here?
6otM Games 1-32 are pure vanilla.
6otM Games 33 - 56 use the Rise and Fall expansion, however, you need to check the game description to see if any dlc are needed.
6otM Games 57 and newer require Gathering Storm and may require various DLC, again, please check the game description.
Good luck and have fun. :)

To quickly find the games, you can use the Master Game list thread.

Top Bottom