6otM147 Announcement

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to game 147 in the 6OTM Series! These games will allow new and old GOTM fans to try out the new features in Civ6 in a friendly environment. Participants are encouraged to post questions, stories, advice, tricks and failures in the dedicated game threads (described below). Each game will specify the Civ you will play and the Victory Condition to strive for. We will be working to refine the 6otM concept as we move ahead with the series. Gifting of cities is an exploit in a religious VC as the AI can't see that it will lose if it accepts the cities.

Must Read!
We would like to ask you to abide by our most sacred rule: Don’t replay any turns! If you make a mistake, accept it and try to recover. To ensure fair play and prevent results exclusions, please set your Autosaves to 1 turn. In the event of a computer crash while playing, just reload to the previous save and play it as closely to how you played it the first time. Please let Leif know (via Conversation (Private Message)) if you experienced a crash and how many turns you replayed.

Civ VI - 6otM147 Details:
Player (You): Trajan – Rome
Victory Condition
: Domination or Religious; all other VCs are enabled.
Game Speed: Marathon (200% longer [but not for everything]) :eek:
Difficulty: Deity
Civs/City-States
(including player): 8/12
Map Type/Size: Pangaea / Standard Size
World Age: Old
Start Position: Legendary :clap:
Resources: Abundant

Temperature: Hot
Rainfall: Wet
Sea Level: High
Disaster Intensity: 0

Game Mode(s): Dramatic Ages, Heroes & Legends, Monopolies and Corporations

Game options:
Start - Ancient Era
Enabled - Barbarians; Tribal Villages
Game Version: This game was created in Civ6 Gathering Storm version 1.0.12.9.
Game Requirements: vanilla version of Civilization VI with Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions. All pre-NFP & NFP DLCs are required.

Here is where you will start:
6otM147 start.png

Trajan – Rome Unique Attributes:
Spoiler Unique Attributes :

Trajan Leader Bonus: Trajan's Column - All founded cities start with a free building in the City Center (a Monument if the game is started in the Ancient Era).

Unique Ability: All Roads Lead to Rome -Founded or conquered cities start with a Trading Post and, if within Trade Route range of the Capital, a road to it. Trade Routes generate +1 additional Gold from Roman Trading Posts they pass through.

Unique Unit: Legion – Replaces Swordsman, Unlocked by Iron Working
Common abilities: +5 Combat Strength vs. anti-cavalry units.
Special abilities: Has 1 Build charges. Can construct a Roman Fort. (Consumes build charge.) Can clear terrain. (Consumes build charge.)
Special traits: Higher Combat Strength (40 vs. 35). Higher Production cost (110 vs. 90).

Unique Infrastructure: Bath - Replaces Aqueduct; Unlocked by Engineering
Effects: Lower Production cost (18 vs. 36). Provides the city with a source of fresh water from an adjacent River, Lake, Oasis, or Mountain. Cities that do not yet have existing fresh water receive up to 6 Housing. Cities that already have existing fresh water will instead get +2 Housing. Provides an additional bonus of +2 Housing and +1 Amenity in either case. Prevents Food loss during droughts. +1 Amenity if adjacent to a Geothermal Fissure. Does not depend on Citizen Population.

Unique Infrastructure: Queen's Bibliotheque - Replaces N/A (built in Government Plaza as your Tier 2 building); Unlocked by Tier 2 Government
Effects: +2 Great Writer points per turn. +2 Great Artist points per turn. +2 Great Musician points per turn. +2 Great Work of Writing slots. +2 Great Work of Art slots. +2 Great Work of Music slots. Awards +1 Governor Title.
Restrictions: Cannot be built if Foreign Ministry, Grand Master's Chapel, or Intelligence Agency has already been built in this district.

Information about threads associated with each individual 6otM -- Must Read if you are new to our Game of the Month!
Please note: If you wish to make a video of your game, please do not post any links to it until after the game submission date has passed. This is because of the potential spoilers that are created by posting before the end date. Thank you for your cooperation.

Spoiler :
Announcement thread (this one): This thread is used to announce the game and clarify the settings and rules (don't be afraid to ask questions). It's also used to discuss the game before you start, and post problems with opening the save. Once you have opened the save, DO NOT POST in the Announcement thread, even non game-related information. Instead use the Opening Actions thread.

Opening Actions thread: This thread is used to discuss the game's opening decisions and strategies through the first 100 or so turns. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. We encourage players to use the spoiler tags for screenshot. During the time the game is active, please do not post any information concerning the game outside of the spoiler threads including screen shots, videos, or recorded/live-cast Let's Plays on other websites.

After Actions thread: In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state your victory/loss date and final score (preferably in the post title) and describe your path to glory in this post! Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences. The game will not be closed as such, but after one month, the results will be compiled, and will not necessarily be updated with reports coming in after the finish date.

File Upload System
In development.

This game runs for a month and ends 15 December 2022.

The save is attached below.

Attachments

• 6otm147_Rome_DomRel_Deity.Civ6Save
    798.8 KB · Views: 186
If you don't normally play Deity, I think this is a good one to try.

Marathon game speed - I think this may be the first time I've ever played at this game speed. In general, production/science/etc. take 200% longer / 3x longer (i.e. if it cost 50 to produce/research at standard speed, it now takes 150 to produce/research). Thought this might be a good excuse for Americans to have a longer game to get away from family over Thanksgiving 🦃, but think clock time (not game turns) was lower than I normally take for a deity domination game.

Lots of other paths to victory but thought it might be fun to be able to actually use Roman Legions for a long time in a Deity level game.:D
Marathon - 3x as long to use those Legions.
Dramatic Ages - Praetorian Guard, because who wants just normal Legions when you can send the Praetorian Guard.

The 3x as long doesn't apply to everything. For example (not all inclusive):
- Trades only last 30 turns (same as standard speed instead of 3x as long).
- Friendships 'only' last 60 turns.
- Wars last 25 turns minimum (standard is 10).
- Resource requirements and storage are tripled, but AI still only pays for trading horses/iron up to 40 units.
- Levy military from a CS is 3x longer (90 turns), but Heroes only last the same amount of time as on standard speed.:eek2:
- Barbarian spawn rates seemed to be about the same as on standard speed (not official, just my experience), which gave an insane amount of time to get era score from barbarian camps. :hammer:
- Ages are 3x as long, but plan on the low end (120 turns) since this is at Deity level.

Last edited:
I have never been able to go for a religious victory because I can't stand the color scheme. It's super annoying/disorienting.

Does anyone else have that issue? Is there a work around?

I think I will give this a shot on console with the same settings. It will be my first game in Marathon. Thanks to the previous poster for breaking down the speed differences for me. I did not realize Trajan could make the Queen's Bibliotheque. 😅

I have never been able to go for a religious victory because I can't stand the color scheme. It's super annoying/disorienting.

Does anyone else have that issue? Is there a work around?
Sadly don't know of one. Dislike it also.

Top Bottom