6otM155 AAR

Eyswein

King
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM155 After Actions Report thread. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attach your victory save to your post.

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities?

- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it?
- Did you enjoy your game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Last edited:
CV turn 219

- What was your plan for achieving the VC? What are the major steps you planned to take? What events, if any, changed the plan in execution and to what new plan? Any interesting decision points?
I remember last game with Kupe there was Kandy nearby and so I was hoping to find it again and get many relics! But that was not the case. So I put some wonders and some theater square and got some nice yields.
- What were your initial 5-10 builds in the capital or other early cities? Scout > Settler > Settler > Boats to defend against the barbarians.
- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics? I went for a religion as I took the dance of the aurora pantheon. It helped me a lot to have a good faith input for great people patronage, settlers buying and at the end rock bands.

- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all? Playing with Maori is always very special. You can meet everyone super early and have good trade routes with every one in no time. However the lack of great writer did hurt and I settled on a soon-to-be barbarian-infested island.
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities? I settled probably around 10 cities, got one flipped from Norway I believe. I settled my first city in the island to the west, and then every where i could find some nice turtles, forests or rainforests for the marae yields.

- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting? Went for a religion, then I had to defend myself against barbarian. I rushed great bath, Oracle and Etemenaki for the adjacency bonus.

- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why? Dance of the aurora / Production adjacency & faith per city following the religion. I wanted to have a good faith input and production was quite lacky otherwise in my capital.

- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why? I stayed quite a while in monarchy to build a lot of harbor with the policy card, and then I finished in Democracy. I used the usual tourism cards.

- Which Governors were most important; when and why? I guess Amani to get the sweet sweet Nan madol and obvioiusly Pingala for the double Great People points.

- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs? It is important to have good relations in a tourism game, for the open borders and the trade route. So I tried to do this. Nevertherless the AI were not very friendly and always bargained for open borders. Also at one point my good friend Dido decided to surprise war me, which honestly was annoying as she had a lot of boats and I had a lot of trade route and fishing boats and harbors. A lot of pillaging happened.

- When did you have Dark/Golden ages? Only golden - only one normal in the middle. I used monumentality a lot.

- How did the game modes affect or impact your play? -

- Any surprises/frustration/elations you ran into, how did you deal with it? A lot of barbarian in the early game, I almost gave up when a camp just spawned in the one invisible tile in the middle of my two first cities and the scout found me instantly. Also early boats constantly pillaged my first fishing boats. Good stuff.

- Did you enjoy your game? It was good to keep going and eventually win. I thought it would be much easier than it was (Maori + culture + archipelago is strong) - but it eventually took me quite an effort. Some AI were surprisingly resilient (Joao and Dido).

Screenshots:
Spoiler culture victory screen :
Kupe Victory 1.jpg

Spoiler Final state of the empire :

Kupe Victory 2.jpg

Turn 314 Diplo Victory, Score 1823. Console player here, so just participating in spirit. I think I may have spent too much time exploring, settled near the the defensible reef natural wonder that gives food and culture. Decided this was going to be a big wide game so grabbed the Goddess of the Sea pantheon, Ancestral Hall, and just settled wherever I could. Was fighting against housing and amenities all game. Started getting spies when I started seeing space ports go up. Had a mostly peaceful game until late. Was gearing up to war when all of the sudden I won the diplo victory out of nowhere. I didn't see it coming, although I probably should have. Might keep playing this one as it is getting fun. Haven't had a diety game last so long in a long while. The climate is getting a little out of control, but I'm hoping with some flood barriers up it'll be more manageable.

T203 CV

Explore the map asap - with whatever I have (even a couple of workers with one charge left) to find as many huts as possible and find neighbours and hopefully CSs that give us tourism generating options, then forward settle and backfill the land later. Needed to sit on my hand sometimes not to improve everything and use the Marae unique ability to its full potential. Renaissance walls. Late game usual stuff, national parks, seaside resort, ski slopes, rock bands, plus whatever CSs provide...
Scout, slinger, settler, scout, settler
- Early order for technology/civics? What did you prioritize for technology/civics?
Campuses, revealing horses and iron were the initial goals, theatre squares, then industrial zones, then walls
- How did the leader bonus and civ unique ability impact your plan/play, if at all?
Living out of the sea helped conserve the land and be a major culture and faith earner. I did not even have a religion.
- How many cities did you settle and/or capture? Where did you settle your first few cities?
Settled 15, captured 21 but kept only 18, so ended up with 33, even though I was ready for a usual peaceful game. However Dido attacked me after capturing Granada. First I seized her overseas cities, then peaced out. Later she and Gitarja started an emergency against me, but by then I built up my navy so much that I wiped Dido out and shrunk Gitarja down to 1 city. She still refused the peace, so I gave her one city back. By then I settled relatively close to Portugal and it became apparent that leaving him in the game just is not worth it, he had way more tourism points than the second Turkey. It was a battleship/ironclad massacre, 9 cities in about 15-20 turns.
- What were key production/purchase focuses? Military units / Civilian units / Districts & city development / Wonders / Civ Unique Unit & Infrastructure? Most critical or interesting?
Iron was key for steady income, then niter for frigates. Lots of harbors and theatre squares, healthy economy, cash buying lots of buildings. Venetian Arsenal, Kilwa, Torre de Belem, Cristo Redentor, Colosseum,
- Pantheon chosen and why? Religious beliefs chosen, and why?
Early hut gave me a relic, so it was Religious Settlements. No religion.
- What governments did you select? What key policy cards did you use? Why?
Autocracy (war), Monarchy (walls), Merchant Rep (districts), Fascism (war), Democracy (zillion trade routes), Digital Democracy (tourism related cards)
- Which Governors were most important; when and why?
In this order: Amani (CSs), Pingala (Sci+Cul), Liang (Volcano), Reyna (Money)
- Was diplomacy/trading useful? How? Relations with other civs?
Friendly asap with whomever I could, lots of trading, Dido and Gitarja just weren't playing balls... Portugal was victim, used a Casus belli to attack. Grievance are not a problem if they redeclare friendship with us.
- When did you have Dark/Golden ages?
Golden, normal, golden, golden
- How did the game modes affect or impact your play?
None
Not really
- Did you enjoy your game?
You bet! It was great, I usually tend to avoid wars, but this time it was inevitable and it made my result considerably better.

Thanks for the game guys!!!

1679514193773.png

Attachments

• KUPE 203 1420 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 19
CV T300. Quite a tough game, I wish there was more space to build districts and wonders. I didn't want to chop the forests. Would have never finished the game without massive RB spam. Good to have faith from the breathtaking pantheon, as I didn't build a single religion square.

Kupe's not that great after the nerfing. Game was peaceful and the biggest challenge was loyalty in the early game, as a dark age got me in trouble in with 3 of my own cities in a tightly knit spot. After that I even got a Norwegian city via loyalty.

Attachments

• KUPE 300 1858 AD.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
T289 CV

This is the first game I've played on higher than Prince difficulty, so my plan was to strap in and hang on. Before starting I did watch a couple of YT videos specifically with Kupe.
And a big shout out to A. mexicanum who took the time to put together a great response for me with some very good advice on how to get through the game! It made all the difference for being able to finish the game successfully.
Early encounters with a couple of Barbarian camps put me behind in my development but otherwise, nothing really changed my plan. In hindsight, its clear I was in a rush to find some land to settle on and didn't fully utilize Kupe's unique bonuses very well.
I also need to keep scouts going much longer.

I went for an early pantheon. Otherwise focus was on a theatre square and harbor with a few campuses. Multiple galleys were necessary early to manage the Barbarians over the sea and a small land army to finally destroy the camps. I was way behind though, think I only had four cities at turn 100.

The Marae was very helpful. The culture bomb on sea tiles was much more impactful than I originally thought it would be. Again, I would have had an easier time I think had I settled outwards more aggressively in the early game. Believe I only ended the game with 11 cities. 9 I settled myself, 2 of them were taken from Dido after she declared war on me. I initially settled to the East where I knew there was land. A lot of tundra and snow to the south which was not great. I then moved North to another large island. Again, I wasn't assertive enough with getting other cities planted there and Dido came from the northwest and took a piece of it. Ended up grabbing whatever remaining chunks of land, small islands, etc that I could settle.

- What were key production/purchase focuses?
I'll have to pay more attention to these issues in future games. I was about 50 turns into the game when I read the advice from A. mexicanum. Previously, I didn't really have any specific focus beyond build theatre squares, harbors and the Marae specialty building. I understand you need faith to purchase rock bands and naturalists. In general though I've been struggling with how to effectively integrate faith and holy sites into the game. I'm sure I'm missing something here as I only have about 200 hours play time but they just aren't fitting well for me. I pushed for democracy for the better modifiers for culture. My early policy card choices were focused on culture bonuses and later for every tourism bonus I could muster.

Loved this game!
Early on my survival was definitely in question. Later, I felt pretty good about surviving but wasn't certain a win was possible. I don't think I was ahead on culture until about T225 or so. During this time I had one spy who did awesome work for the empire by stealing 3 great works in consecutive attempts. He was later captured and never seen again but we placed a gold star on the palace wall in his memory.
The ups and downs made this a very fun game. Granted, I'm still playing solo but it feels a little different when you know there's a group of others out there doing the same thing. Feels more engaging somehow.
My only complaint is the arbitrage opportunity in selling your luxury goods and then buying replacements from the AI is ludicrous. Same thing with the pricing on diplo points, feels like they are way overpriced.

Thanks for the work of maintaining these forums and putting these games out! Really appreciate it!

Attachments

• 6otM155 KUPE 289 1836 AD.Civ6Save
    3.2 MB · Views: 13
Cultural Victory, T159, Score 1430, 25 h

This was a great game, my first time playing Kupe, he has weird bonuses that really changes the nature of cultural games. Interesting.

Plan
Built up early science to go fast after Flight. Then get the Marae tourism bonuses and spam Seaside resorts and any other available tourism improvement. Add museums once the science going ok to gain artists.

Early game
Followed the no snowy coast and settled at the east island. Despite the ability to sail in the ocean, it took me some time to start finding the AIs and the early city states. Built an early settler that I sent to the north, then I discovered the Galapagos Islands and focused in settling that land for early science.

Had some troubles with Harald who denounced me. Joao payed me well to have a war with him, and so I begun to do a lot of money. The war did not went as good as I hoped, Harald had a lot of ships and I barely manage to survive until he offered peace.
Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-18 23-29-34.png

I chose Free Inquiry both in Classical and Medieval to boost my way through the science tree, profiting the eurekas and the extra science from harbors.

By T100 I have 11 cities, the deity AI in archipielago map has large amounts of gold and partnership with Joao is insane. Just in 100 I have an emergency war with Eleanor against Gitarja. She is the leading cultural civ and has many holy sites, something I miss and will do good for my late game.

Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-19 22-05-39.png

Cities
25 cities total, 4 obtained from Gitarja. From the rest 1 settler captured, 14 bought with gold and 1 with faith.

My early priorities were to settle on places with a lot of features for the Marae bonus and the extra production. On first cities also looked for science or places to build profitable campuses, looking to reach Flight soon.
Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-05-36.png
Diplomacy and war
The war with Gitarja went good and captured her last city, although I later resurrected her by liberating a city I have previously flipped with loyalty pressure. Her cities came with the Pyramids and the Apadana and a lot of faith through holy sites.

The other civs were all friendly to me and formed alliances with everyone except Joao.

Trading strategic resources and luxuries was key for my development, the civs had large amounts of gold.

Religion
Built a holy site in my second city, but failed to gain a religion.
Pantheon: God of the Sea
Religion: -

Earth Goddess was a good alternative for pantheon here, but I guessed with Kupe bonuses I would be most likely working fish tiles rather than land, and the extra production would help my early development. I do not regret my choice, the game was almost finished by the time I could buy rock bands.

Wonders
It is difficult to compete with the AI for early wonders, but I bought Imhotep, which helped me build the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus, then with the extra engineer charges, Petra and Colosseum. Kilwa Kisiwani in my capital (Pingala, Diplomatic quarter, Campus and Theater). Temple of Artemis in the Honey island (just because it was a cheap way to get more tourism). Finally, Casa de Contratación and Cristo Redentor (key to make the searesorts shine) in the capital.

Chichen Itza in my second city, where there were a lot of jungles. Torre de Belem, just for more culture and to freely spam the Sewers needed for Democracy.

Captured from Gitarja: Pyramids, Apadana (writing slots!!) and Stonehenge.

From the Natural Wonders, I only really used the Galapago Islands, and it was really awesome to boost my early science with my 3rd and 4th cities place there. One of the tiles was giving 5 science with the Mausoleum, pretty!
Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-06-17.png

Leader and Civ bonuses
Despite there was not a lot of land, Kupe is still very strong in an Archipielago map. Mainly the extra embarked movement helped me settle remote places very easily. The extra production on woods and jungles saved me a lot of workers. The Marae bonuses made me go through the Civics tree quite fast too.
City States
In an Archipielago map, Nan Madol is just awesome, as much as Auckland. I got free this last CS from Gitarja for extra production. Granada was the most helpful, I should have suzerained them earlier. The extra tourism is of enough interest, but the science and culture is also helpful.

Barbarians
A scout escaped my grasp in the Silver island, even I bought a horseman and managed to kill it, it was too late, the spearman kill the horse, and then I had a mop of barbarians bothering this island for the rest of the game.

Final state
This was a great fun game! Thanks a lot 😃
966 tourism:
  • Great works: 177
    • Art: 112
    • Writing: 30
    • Music: 25
    • Relics: 10
  • Seaside resort: 174
  • Artifacts: 172
  • Natural parks: 129
  • Wonders: 101
  • Marae: 99
    • Woods: 36
    • Reef: 30
    • Rainforest: 23
    • Floodplains: 3
    • Natural wonder: 2
    • Marsh: 2
    • Geothermal fissure: 2
    • Ice: 1
  • Buildings: 40
    • Walls: 27
    • Ferris wheel: 12
    • Arena: 1
  • Alcazar: 24
  • Sky resort: 10
  • Unknown: 40 (probably some miscount or some feature not shown in the tourism view)

Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-08-07.png Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-06-44.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-07-14.pngCaptura de pantalla de 2023-03-25 23-45-20.png

Spoiler Full log :

1 - 🏁Ancient Era; Congo Craton🗾 Asia🗾
3 - Te Hokianga-Nui-a-Kupe🏠
5 - Village (masonry)
10 - Village (early empire)
11 - Code of Laws🎵 Village(+40 gold)
12 - Animal Husbandry🧪
15 - Settler!
16 - Village (writing) Kumasi🌐
17 - Pottery🧪 Bermuda Triangle🗻
18 - Astrology🧪 Antarctica🗾 Galapagos Islands🗻
19 - Opango🏠
20 - Granada🌐
23 - Builder! Dido🌐
24 - Writing🧪
27 - Mining🧪 Foreign Trade🎵
28 - Slinger! Village (+1 pop)
29 - Harald🌐 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥
30 - Denounced by Harald🔥
31 - Suleiman🌐 Buenos Aires🌐
32 - Galley! Galley! Ha Long Bay🗻
33 - Valletta🌐
34 - Gitarja🌐
35 - Circumnavigation🌍 Chinguetti🌐
36 - Early Empire🎵 Galley! Pingala💼
37 - Auckland🌐
38 - Builder! Willermina🌐
39 - Celestial Navigation🧪
40 - Craftsmanship🎵 Joao🌐
41 - Joint war against Harald with Joao⚔ Builder📍
42 - Settler!
43 - Irrigation🧪 Builder💰
44 - Granary💰
46 - Granary💰
47 - Warrior! Whanganui🏠
48 - 🏁Classical Era (Golden Age - Free Inquiry) Masonry🧪
50 - Bronze Working🧪 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Village (+40 gold)
51 - Military Tradition🎵 Great Barrier Reef🗻
53 - Settler💰
54 - State Workforce🎵 Connoisseur (Pingala)💼 Campus!
56 - Harbor! Lighthouse💰 Village (+20 favor) Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥
58 - Political Philosophy🎵 Oligarchy🏛 Anshan🌐 Galley💀
59 - Quadrireme! Monument! Ngaruawahia🏠 Builder💰 Trader💰 Nan Madol🌐 Peace with Harald🕊
60 - Currency🧪 Wheel🧪 Bologna🌐 Eleanor🌐 Met all civilizations🌍
61 - Iron Working🧪 Nazca🌐
62 - Galley! Quadrireme!
64 - Drama and Poetry🎵 Water mill💰
65 - Archery🧪
68 - Horseback Riding🧪 Government plaza! Researcher (Pingala)💼 Library💰
70 - Monument!
71 - Construction🧪 Relic🌐 Granary💰 Granary💰 Settler💰 Trader💰 Auckland💀
72 - Games and Recreation🎵 Pantheon (God of the Sea)🔮 Holy site! Shrine💰
73 - Mathematics🧪 Spearman💰
74 - Settler💰
75 - Whakarewarewa🏠 Granary💰 Monument💰
78 - Ancestral hall! Grants (Pingala)💼 Horseman💰 Harbor! Lighthouse💰 Builder💰 Builder💰
79 - Defensive Tactics🎵 Amani💼 Builder💰 Toa💰
80 - Settler! Village (+20 favor) Builder💰
83 - Settler💰 Zanzibar🌐
84 - Valletta♟ Settler💰
85 - Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Harbor! Lighthouse💰 Ancient walls! Trader💰 Harbor! Lighthouse💰
86 - Military Tactics🧪 Trader!
87 - Engineering🧪 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Kawhia🏠 Builder🏠 Granary💰 Monument💰 Water mill💰 Archer💰
88 - Feudalism🎵 Maungakiekie Pa🏠 Builder🏠 Kapiti🏠 Builder🏠 Whaingaroa🏠 Builder🏠 Granary💰 Monument💰 Granary💰 Monument💰 Granary💰 Monument💰 Ancient walls! Village (+1 pop)
89 - 🏁Medieval Era (Golden Age - Free Inquiry) Ancient walls! Archer💰 Builder💰 Classical Republic🏛
90 - Machinery🧪 Apprenticeship🧪 Hunza🌐
91 - Zanzibar♟ Village (castles) Village (+75 gold)
93 - Medieval Faires🎵 Leif Erikson👨 Liang💼 Settler💰 Settler💰
94 - Stirrups🧪 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Pikeman🔺
95 - Buttress🧪 Military Training🎵 Trader! Knight💰 Settler💰
97 - Campus! Library🔮 Nan Madol♟
98 - Recorded History🎵 Monument! Aquaculture (Liang)💼 Taumutu🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Granary💰 Village (+20 faith) Buenos Aires💀
99 - Cartography🧪 Theater square! Theater square! Ruatōria🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Granary💰 Settler💰
100 - Civil Service🎵 Military Emergency on Gitarja with Eleanor for Bradford⚔ Catapult💰 Eleanor (military)🚩 Wilhelmina (religious)🚩 Harald (cultural)🚩 Dido (economic)🚩 Suleiman (research)🚩 Comet (Knight) Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Warrior💀
101 - Pukemaire🏠 Builder🏠 Monument🔮 Granary🔮 Caravel🔺 Caravel🔺
102 - Man-at-arms💰 Crossbowman🔺
103 - Village (+1 pop)
104 - Exploration🎵 Galileo Galilei👨💰 Kaiapoi🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Crossbowman🔺 Marae! Marae! Hunza♟ Merchant Republic🏛
105 - Education🧪 University💰
106 - Theater square! Commercial hub! Market💰
107 - Guilds🎵 Reyna💼
108 - Banking🧪 Mass Production🧪 Bradford🛡 Imhotep👨💰 Crossbowman💀
109 - Won Emergency War🔥 Auckland🛡
110 - Diplomatic Service🎵 Encampment! Harbor! Harbor! Village (military engineering)
111 - Astronomy🧪 Catapult! Theater square! Lighthouse💰
112 - Marae!
113 - Mausoleum at Halicarnassus🏰 Theater square! Toa💰 Lighthouse💰 Trader!
114 - Military Engineering🧪 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Michelangelo👨💰 Builder📍 University💰
115 - Humanism🎵 Water mill🔮 Granary🔮 Barracks! Marae! Theater square! Art museum💰 Religious👨 Armory🔮
116 - Sculpture👨 Shipyard💰
117 - Square Rigging🧪 Petra🏰 Intelligence agency! Curator (Pingala)💼 Sculpture👨 Trebuchet🔺
118 - Scientific Theory🧪 The Enlightenment🎵 Tuban📍 Pyramids📍 Builder📍 Monument🔮 Bank💰 Shipyard💰 Village (+120 gold)
119 - Francis Drake👨 Diplomatic quarter! Mataram📍 Granary🔮 Monument🔮
120 - Archaeological museum! Privateer👨 Theater square! Zhang Qian👨💰
121 - Industrialization🧪 Mercantilism🎵 Theater square! Boudica👨 Trebuchet🔺 Caravel🔺 Crossbowman🔺 Settler💰
122 - Mysticism🎵 Crossbowman🔺 Shipyard! Consulate! Trader💰 Industrial zone! Harbor! Theater square! Frigate🔺 Frigate🔺
123 - Theater square! Trader💰
124 - Colonialism🎵 Shipyard! Settler💰 Marae! Man-at-arms👨 Man-at-arms👨 Pikeman👨 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥
125 - Archaeological museum! Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Marae💰 Marae! Trader! Theater square! Marae💰 Auckland💰
126 - Horseman💰
127 - Natural History🎵 Shipyard! Archaeologist💰 Badung📍 Builder📍 Ternate📍 Builder📍 Hanging Gardens📍 Monument🔮
128 - Te Pokohiwi🏠 Builder🏠 Taupiri🏠 Builder🏠 Granary🔮 Monument🔮 Granary🔮 Monument🔮
129 - 🏁Renaissance Era (Golden Age - Monumentality) Flight🧪 Builder🔮 Builder🔮 Marae! Marae! Horseman💀
130 - Marae! Settler🔮 Water park! Harbor! Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Builder💰 Art museum💰
131 - Art museum! Harbor! Builder📍 Settler💰
132 - Steam Power🧪 Knight💰 Archaeological museum! Workshop! Commercial hub!
133 - Andrei Rublev👨 Religious👨 Bologna♟ Lighthouse! Comet (Knight) Frigate🔺 Art museum💰
134 - Conservation🎵 Santa Cruz👨 Industrial zone! Otatara Pa🏠 Builder🏠 Granary💰
135 - Kilwa Kisiwani🏰 Water park! Builder! Harbor! Naturalist🔮 Motakiora🏠 Builder🏠 Granary💰 Man-at-arms💰
136 - Civil Engineering🎵 Moksha💼 Religious👨 Whaingaroa🌄 Lighthouse! Theater square! Builder💰 Aqueduct! Archaeological museum! Archaeologist💰
137 - Radio🧪 Temple of Artemis🏰 Theology🎵 Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Builder! Harbor! Trader! Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Majapahit📍 Apadana📍 Stonehenge📍 Gitarja💀 Kumasi♟ Settler💰
138 - Kamal Ud-Din Behzad👨 Portrait👨 Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Ancient walls! Granada♟ Water park! Theater square! Ancient walls! Privateer💰
139 - Nationalism🎵 Ancient walls! Builder! Monument! Forestry management (Reyna)💼 Ancient walls! Temple! Religious👨 Writing🌐 Writing🌐 Writing🌐 Temple💰
140 - Urbanization🎵 Lighthouse! Workshop! Art museum💰 Water park! Marae! Ancient walls! Naturalist🔮 Denounced by Joao🔥
141 - Colosseum🏰 Antonio Vivaldi👨 Ancient walls! Temple! Archaeologist💰 Portrait👨 Badung🌄
142 - Electricity🧪 Mass Media🎵 Ancient walls! Tax collector (Reyna)💼 Lighthouse! Marae! Archaeologist! Broadcast center💰 Music👨 Opotiki🏠 Builder🏠 Trader💰
144 - Scorched Earth🎵 Donatello👨 Shipyard! Ancient walls! Temple💰 Builder💰 Chinguetti♟ Sculpture👨
145 - Makassar🛡 Resurrected Gitarja🛡 Ancient walls! Music👨 Naturalist🔮 University! Market! Broadcast center! Archaeological museum💰 Archaeologist💰 Isidore of Miletus👨💰
146 - Mobilization🎵 Shipyard! Shipyard! Kapiti🌄 Harbor! Lighthouse💰 Water park! Harbormaster (Reyna)💼 University! Barbarian outpost (+80 gold)🔥 Sculpture👨
147 - Factory! Factory! Oil power plant💰 Barracks!
148 - Printing🧪 Hyeronimous Bosch👨 Irene of Athens👨 Laskarina Bouboulina👨 Harbor! Water works (Liang)💼 Religious👨 Sculpture👨 Settler💰
149 - Ideology🎵 Casa de Contratación🏰 Art museum💰 Tuban💰 Naturalist🔮 Water park! Shipyard! Meeting house! Theater square! Victor💼 Magnus💼 Laying on of Hands (Moksha)💼
150 - Chichen Itza🏰 Water park! Theater square! Marae💰 Settler📍 Religious👨 Barbarian outpost (+80 gold)🔥
151 - Seaport! Seaport! Shipyard! Lighthouse! Shipyard💰 Barbarian outpost (+30 gold)🔥 Man-at-arms**💀
152 - Taumatawhana Pa🏠 Builder🏠 Seaport! Religious👨 Archaeologist💰
153 - Sanitation🧪 Wat! Seaport! Motupohue🏠 Builder🏠 Monument💰 Granary💰
154 - Gunpowder🧪 Professional Sports🎵 Torre de Belem🏰 Theater square! Ferris wheel! Ferris wheel! Coal power plant! Neighborhood!
155 - Castles🧪 Computers🧪 Suffrage🎵 Democracy🏛 Harbor! Broadcast center💰 Ferris wheel💰
156 - Siege Tactics🧪 Cultural Heritage🎵 Ferris wheel! Campus! Seaport! Marae! Ancient walls🔮 Naturalist🔮 Medieval walls🔮 Archaeological museum💰 Archaeological museum💰 Archaeologist💰
157 - Ferris wheel! Barbarian outpost (+80 gold)🔥 Granary💰
158 - Military Science🧪 Cold War🎵 Naturalist🔮 Horatio Nelson👨 Rembrandt van Rijn👨 Ludwig van Beethoven👨 Library! Broadcast center! Ferris wheel! Meeting house! Lighthouse! Art museum💰 Broadcast center💰 Music👨
159 - Metal Casting🧪 Cristo Redentor🏰 Music👨 Portrait👨 Water park! Kawhia🌄 Taumatawhana Pa🌄 Motupohue🌄 Neighborhood! Theater square! Marae💰 Archaeological museum💰 Archaeologist💰 Village (reformed church)
160 - Medieval walls! Aerodrome! Bank💰 Theater square! Marae💰 Art museum💰
160 - Cultural Victory🏆

Spoiler City build order :

1. Te Hokianga-Nui-a-Kupe🏠 (T3): Settler > Builder > Galley > Galley > Settler € Builder € Granary > Warrior > Campus > Quadrireme > Galley > Government plaza € Library € Spearman € Settler > Ancestral hall € Horseman € Builder € Toa > Harbor € Lighthouse > Ancient walls > Theater square > Marae € University € Art museum € Shipyard > Intelligence agency > Diplomatic quarter > Consulate € Trader F Builder > Kilwa Kisiwani > Water park > Monument € Broadcast center > Casa de Contratación F Medieval walls > Cristo Redentor > National History Museum
  2. Opango🏠 (T19): Slinger > Galley > Builder € Granary > Harbor € Lighthouse > Quadrireme € Water mill € Trader > Holy site € Shrine > Settler > Trader > Ancient walls > Trader > Monument > Catapult > Theater square > Shipyard > Repairs > Marae > Archaeological museum € Archaeologist > Builder > Temple > Chichen Itza > Wat > Campus > Library > Broadcast center
  3. Whanganui🏠 (T47): € Settler > Monument € Granary € Settler > Harbor € Lighthouse € Builder € Settler > Ancient walls > Theater square > Marae > Shipyard > Art museum > Water park > Trader > Broadcast center > Seaport > Ferris wheel > Medieval walls > Renaissance walls
  4. Ngaruawahia🏠 (T59): € Builder € Trader > Monument € Granary > Harbor € Lighthouse € Archer € Builder € Knight > Theater square € Catapult € Man-at-arms > Marae > Encampment > Barracks F Armory > Archaeological museum € Settler > Shipyard € Archaeologist > Water park > Ancient walls > Seaport > Torre de Belem € Ferris wheel > Broadcast center > Aquarium
  5. Whakarewarewa🏠 (T75): € Granary € Monument € Builder € Builder € Settler € Trader € Archer > Campus F Library > Harbor € Lighthouse > Mausoleum at Halicarnassus € University € Shipyard > Theater square > Marae > Archaeological museum > Builder > Ancient walls > Archaeologist > Water park > Seaport > Ferris wheel > Ferris wheel
  6. Kawhia🏠 (T87): € Granary € Monument € Water mill > Commercial hub € Market > Trader € Bank > Industrial zone > Workshop > Aqueduct > Ancient walls > Factory F Naturalist > Coal power plant > Trader
  7. Maungakiekie Pa🏠 (T88): € Granary € Monument € Archer € Settler > Harbor € Toa € Lighthouse > Theater square > Marae € Archaeological museum > Industrial zone Ancient walls > Workshop > Factory € Oil power plant > Shipyard > Venetian Arsenal
  8. Kapiti🏠 (T88): € Granary € Monument € Settler > Theater square > Marae € Art museum > Harbor > Ancient walls > Lighthouse F Naturalist > Shipyard > Seaport > Water park > Ferris wheel
  9. Whaingaroa🏠 (T88): € Granary € Monument € Settler € Settler > Theater square > Marae > Archaeological museum > Harbor > Lighthouse F Naturalist > Builder > Ancient walls € Archaeologist > Shipyard > Water park > Ferris wheel > Forbidden city
  10. Taumutu🏠 (T98): € Granary € Monument > Harbor € Lighthouse > Trader F Settler > Theater square > Ancient walls > Marae > Water park € Archaeological museum > Ferris wheel > Medieval walls
  11. Ruatōria🏠 (T99): € Granary € Monument > Theater square € Marae € Horseman > Harbor € Knight € Art museum > Lighthouse > Ancient walls > Shipyard > Seaport
  12. Pukemaire🏠 (T101): F Monument F Granary > Theater square > Marae > Harbor > Ancient walls € Art museum > Lighthouse € Trader > Shipyard > Seaport > Aerodrome > Water park
  13. Kaiapoi🏠 (T104): € Monument F Water mill F Granary > Petra € Settler > Theater square € Marae > Commercial hub > Ancient walls > Water park > Market € Art museum > Ferris wheel € Bank > Aquarium
  14. Tuban📍 (T118): F Monument > Repairs > Ancient walls € Temple > University > Meeting house
  15. Mataram📍 (T119): F Monument F Granary € Trader F Builder € Builder > Theater square € Privateer > Marae > Ancient walls € Builder € Archaeological museum € Archaeologist > Harbor € Settler > Lighthouse € Shipyard € Broadcast center > Broadway
  16. Badung📍 (T127): Repairs > Ancient walls > Temple F Naturalist > University > Meeting house > Theater square > Marae > Art museum
  17. Ternate📍 (T127): Repairs > Colosseum > Ancient walls > Neighborhood > Zoo
  18. Te Pokohiwi🏠 (T128): F Granary F Monument € Settler > Temple of Artemis > Ancient walls > Theater square € Marae > Harbor > Lighthouse € Art museum € Broadcast center > Water park
  19. Taupiri🏠 (T128): F Granary F Monument > Ancient walls > Harbor € Lighthouse > Theater square € Marae € Art museum > Medieval walls
  20. Otatara Pa🏠 (T134): € Granary > Theater square € Marae € Archaeological museum € Archaeologist > Harbor
  21. Motakiora🏠 (T135): € Granary > Ancient walls > Theater square € Marae € Archaeological museum > Harbor
  22. Majapahit📍 (T137): € Settler > Repairs > Ancient walls € Temple > Barracks > Neighborhood > Meeting house > Medieval walls
  23. Opotiki🏠 (T142): € Granary > Theater square
  24. Taumatawhana Pa🏠 (T152): F Ancient walls F Naturalist > Theater square
  25. Motupohue🏠 (T153): € Monument € Granary F Naturalist > Theater square

Attachments

• GOTM155 KUPE 161 Cultural.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 15
  • Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-05-58.png
    Captura de pantalla de 2023-03-26 00-05-58.png
    2.8 MB · Views: 54
Last edited:
CV, turn 305/306. Finally managed to finish this one.

Wow- great game by Rutseg. I never play Kupe and didn't think it would be possible to win through early tourism given his malus against writers, the map and the relatively little land on offer, so I went for a Reliquaries approach. Obviously given the many good times above this was a mistake.

I got a lot of tourism (> 2400 tourism per turn by the end) but had to deal with multiple cultural defenders. Portugal had built Cristo Redentor and was running away with > 500 tourists for defense, so I started a war to eliminate him (he was > 150 tourists stronger than the next defender). But in the meantime Dido launched the Moon Landing and her cultural defense skyrocketed as well, and then so did Gitarja's.

I could have saved probably 60 or more turns by just switching to Domination, but struggled on for the specified win condition.

Two interesting things about this game: 1. I did benefit from one replay (intentional). I used Valetta's troops to conquer an Ottoman city, and used my own galleys to conquer another Ottoman city on the same turn, planning to help stabilize loyalty that way. An Emergency was declared the next turn, on the the city I had conquered first. But it would have been more helpful to have the Emergency on the other city- so as an experiment I replayed the turn and this time conquered the other city first. Sure enough, the Emergency was then declared on the other city. Lesson learned. I kept playing (it wouldn't have made much difference in the end I don't think).

2. the AI used bombers against one of my cities ! The AI has used fighters and jet fighters against units before, but this was the first time I ever saw one use bombers against one of my cities! I wasn't even sure what was happening for a couple of turns- thought it was a submarine or something. But no- actual bombing runs! Was very happy to see that.

Fun game, even though I didn't play it well. Thanks for the game!

Attachments

• GOTM 155 Cul Vic 306 1870 AD.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 12
CV 220
just finished Got 156 and forgot about posting this one
I could not figure out how to make Pâ with Kupe UU
great game thanks

Attachments

• CV-KUPE 220 1545 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 14
  • Kupe.png
    Kupe.png
    10.8 MB · Views: 46
CV 170/171 score 1204

This was a great game, I realized how powerful Kupe is and why he is usually ban from many multiplayer competitive game... Very impressive early tempo I think this is the first time I catch-up that early with AI in deity, I believe the turning point was between turn 35/40.

Plan
The plan was to rely on strong early bonus from Kupe as much as possible: sending my warrior to the left in the sea and my first scout to the right and find as many AIs + tribal village as possible
I am not a cultural victory expert I only did it twice since I start playing for a couple of months... so my plan was quite straightforward: maintain good relationship with my neighbor, develop commercial road with every one and focus on my own cultural development
As I planned for harbor opening due to map/civ bonus etc, I had very early in mind to rely on good harbor proxy to build my early science (free inquiry for 2 first golden age) . it help me to rush caravel, industrialization and then planes/computers
(my B4 got a +6 base harbor x2 via naval tradition x2 from reyna = 24 science only from that single harbor). This + the amount of reef turtle I found and I think I only built 1 campus by turn 60

Plane/Computer were the only science I was looking for... but did my best to catch plane at earliest as possible, going for bottom tree only to get some easy and nice 50% bonus on top tree science (and occasionally for picking up walls+ printing bonuses)

For Civic obviously rushing classical republic gov and then drama/ naval tradition (for harbor proxy boost to rush science I need) then conservation rush into rockband

Early game

I settled a nice spot on my left, and sent my warrior along the coast found grenada and zanzibar first meet and then France/Indonesia quickly
I also found Auckland quite early so my first governor was Amani (Initially planned for Pingala opening)

I opened with settler/settler/harbor/monument/gov plaza in my cap then rushing for pyramid/ancestral hall to get a nice settler spam to grab more land
B2 and B3 opened with harbor/campus
I found a worker and a scout in one of the many village tribal I found

I bought a slinger in my b2 when a barbarian scout found my city... I think this unit made a great work by its own,to clear barbarian in my land... however I had another camp in my north, I believe this one was mainly a pain for dido who never reached my land due to the amount of red boat between us... I had a lot of fun to dodge those barbarian as they had to stick with costal sea meanwhile my settler/worker can navigate on dark blue tiles

Overall I had a great production due to auckland + god of sea which help me to discount 2/3 district very early and gave me a lot of tempo
I think I only created 1 campus by turn 60

Mid game

I had preprared some nice pre-build to do a caravel rush on someone(T82), but had a good relationship/trading with AIs that could have been a ideal target (low science, a lot of costal city) like portugal or suleiman therfore my little boat stayed within my own seas for the rest of my games only dealing with barabrians from time to time
I also had decided to not ask emergency on Suleiman because he had a green smiley despite invading Buenos aire, I decided to not go liberate the city... for indonesia I was short in favor just after the world council for the extraordinarry session so no urgency happened against her when she conquered England cities... this was my last opportunities to go for a cheap war... So I decided to stick with my plan... but when I see the number from others with large empire in the recap I might have missed something here :D

Late game

ended with 10 main cities + 2 new one I forward settle lately for proximity to AI and spam rockband
when I built marae on my cities and got decent stat I start building/buying maxed holy district everywhere to get more faith

I focus to maintain +5 amenities quite early in all my cities, which required some aquatic park or leisure park which added some tourism in the late game

I ended winning thanks to rock band mostly I believe, even if I had 2 natural park + couple of archeologist *
I had a nice rock band with natural wonder 1st promotion on portugal ( who built a lot of wonder) this one ended lvl4 with 2 concerts with 10.000 tourism not sure if it s a common value but he outclass all my other rockband who disband very early... with very low outcome (I think one concert from this rock band gave me more than all my 7-8 other rock band combined)

Key take away:
lot of fun using Kupe for the first time, it was a nice cultural victory... maybe next time I will go for an AI early, because I found I was very good early but I did not sky rocket in the middle/late game maybe I feel I was missing something here... also maybe I should have gone for a religion and/or going thought theocracy for help Rock Band spamming in the end game

But overall if anyone is struggling with deity difficulty Kupe is the go to civilization (at least on naval map)

Spoiler spoiler :

kupeendgame171.png

kupe12cities.png

victoryt171.png

Attachments

• kupegotmscore.png
    kupegotmscore.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 39
  • KUPE 171 gotm155 cutural victory.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 15
CV T199
Plan - use the Marae ability and fish power to grow my empire and reach Conservation quickly, followed by Eco civic plus Flight and Computers on the science side. Plotted all settles with the idea of maximum national parks in the later game, though some islands didn't allow for that and were then tasked with other jobs. God of Sea + Auckland is powerful. The land for a park all generates its own tourism and lots of production with the Marae ability of Kupe.
-
Settle: The island to the left - settled were I would be able to reach the most fish and still access the entire island, initially had a park planned but ended up converting to wonders - first district was a Holy Site and I picked God of the Sea. I built a scout, settler, settler, galley, galley(purchased 2nd city), theatre square. I settle the Galapagos Islands for the Science and all the island to the east/west to keep Dido from them, settled the larger island SW of spawn. Late settles were the island S of spawn, the area south of Zanzibar, and one island farther east that had 4 national parks planned but none completed. Settled 13, captured 2 by loyalty flip.
-
Religion - Fish Friends Society - God of the Sea, Feed the World, +2 faith/city, new cities start with majority religion, building that gave faith/diplo favor. Goal was to not use faith for spreading my religion as much as possible - Classical age was golden and I took the Evangelist option to get my religion and send 2 apostles and a few missionaries to convert Dido to my religion for the extra faith - I also hoped to make her like me as she kept threatening war. It eventually worked - one apostle was a debater and sat in Dido lands killing Norway's missionaries for most of the game for free extra spreads. used Mahabodi's Temple to get the extra beliefs.
-
I explored very rapidly to meet all the AI and CS on the map - timed circumnavigation and final meet to get golden boosts. I concentrated on getting all the envoy quests. I very quickly got trade routes up to all AI with harbors in all cities but a late single Commercial Hub. I had 2xTrade, culture, war, and industrial suzerains for much of the game. Only took single faith late and science very, very late with an admiral - let the AI spend their points there. had to surround Auckland with converted barbs from an apostle to keep Gitjara from killing it.
-
Districts - a few Holy Sites to start, otherwise harbors and theatre squares. 3 industrial zones including one in cap to help with boosts and getting wonder engineers. Didn't build a science district until after T150, but led science anyway via capitol with Maus wonder + Pingala and the Galapagos city. Built an Entertainment district for a CS goal, and built Maracanã in very late game for more amenities. token Encampment for boosts
-
Main strat - generated lots of gold via trade routes, CS boosts to them, and the golden age trade option. Bought settlers/builders/units/buildings/great people so I could save faith for naturalists. Eras all golden, with Evangelist for Classical, science from harbors, then all trade routes. Friends and allies from medieval with all AI except Viking and Indonesian. Got a few science boosts from Gitjara for bottom of tree. I also maintained very high happiness levels for the boosts. I stayed in Theocracy for the rest of the game once reached for the discounts.
-
Wonders - Capitol (Maus, Kilwa, Mahabodi, Venetian Arsenal (never built a boat after), Broadway, Sydney Opera house. Forbidden City (great timing, tons of jungle chops with Magnus right as I wanted to put up forests with Conservation), Potala Palace, Taj Mahal, Bolshoi Theatre, Hermitage, Maracanã, Empire State Building - Imhotep and the 315/480 engineers helped with most of the late ones while having the card boost in place. Golden Gate Bridge was finished in a couple turns in a city with two national parks and a few wonders
-
Overall - It was a very fun, very peaceful game. Playstyle is much different without improving things and ignoring lots of districts. CS mix was great and I managed to achieve most of my goals - Should have built a few more holy sites earlier as naturalists were over 2k faith with how many I used and I had at least 6 more parks plotted, though not necessary. Goal was NOT to use rock bands and I succeeded. The religion war heated up at the end but I managed to win before having to do much more than defend with some inquisitors. Will have to go in a get a picture of the yields in my capitol to add, somehow only took a tourism pic.
-

Spoiler Tourism view :
Kupe_tourism.png

Spoiler Capital :
Kupe_Cap.png

Spoiler Golden Gate :
Kupe_Golden.png

Spoiler Few Parks :
Kupe_parks.png

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.
You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

Top Bottom