1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otm42 AAR

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Jul 1, 2018.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Welcome to the 6otM 42 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
    STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attached your victory save to your post.
    - How many cities did you settle or capture?
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    - Did you bother with religion?
    - How did you pump your score?
    - Did you instigate any major wars?
    - Were City-States helpful?
    - How did the new features help you?
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    - Did you enjoy the game?
    Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.
    Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 1, 2018
  2. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Victory with a score of 2748.

I screwed this up big time. I didn't expand enough early on and waited way too long to start taking out the AI civs.

Attached Files:

3. cas

cas Emperor

Victory score 652. One city on the starting island.

Lots of mistakes along the way, but frigates (eventually battleships) wipe the AI on a watery map.

I forgot Saladin's special ability, so missed the last prophet. I never play Saladin. :lol:
    Pumped score up building some wonders and using Kumasi with 3 trade routes to raise culture...should have concentrated on this earlier.
    China was a little annoying with his inland cities and so many mines, but never a real threat.
    Amenities were a problem mid-game due to war weariness, but once I had golden age 'to arms' and a few CS suzerin it was fine.

I enjoyed the game because it was different than anything I would choose to play on all three points (medieval start, Victoria, score). Thanks for hosting.

cas

4. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

Bloody **** :lol:!!! I thought with all the victory conditions disabled, the game would carry on until T386. I did a web search on the subject and one fellow from Civ5 had his game linger on after eliminating all the other civs, so I figured this one would as well. I'd imagine that by eliminating everyone I've disqualified myself?
    Spoiler T326 :
    Sid Meier's Civilization VI (DX11) 7_5_2018 12_59_55 PM.png

PS, thanks for hosting, this score victory condition was quite enjoyable :thumbsup:.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  5. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Yep, I just replayed and went and wiped all the ai's out completely and it gives "All other civs lost, therefore you won" as the victory type. Since the victory video is the same as a domination victory I think this is technically a domination victory even though it's disabled. Frankly, I think is is what a Domination victory should be and the current, own all the capitals Domination victory should be renamed as a Conquest victory.

Knowtalent likes this.
  6. BarbarianHunter

BarbarianHunter King

That's a good idea. There should be a both Domination victory type and a Conquest victory type option as you specified. There are different strategies involved in either and would make for a fun variant in 6otm's or regular play.

7. Falabello

Falabello Prince

Game incomplete - Turn 318 - Score 3,850

This game crashed a couple of times, but due to the amount of data and my lower performance PC :badcomp:. The #1 time was around 260T...
    I changed the video resolution, but no result. And at 318T the file load no more. Tried with 317T and 316T and the same: without loading the game...
    If I came to the end, I would certainly have settled every possible tile, including all the single tile islands and near the snow border :)

@Knowtalent

I think there's a confusion with these 250T Score games: I finished the last AI's Capital and all the cities at Turn 261 (see Picture). So with 126 turns. Then the game gave me the Domi Victory. So, I continued with "One more turn" and would play it till 385T (if my game did not crash). As you see BarbarianHunter stopped before the real end... And this same confusion happened in a previous Score game. Obviously, my Score with 126 turns would be very low compared with others that reached all turns, but without Domination.

My suggestion is to write some explanation in the announcement about continuing the game after conquering the whole world, because for a high score, it's the best way...

- Did you enjoy the game?
    YUP! Thanks for one more game :goodjob:!

Attached Files:

8. DougBSA

DougBSA Chieftain

Nice, historical game. I didn't keep good notes but tried to focus on expansion. Immediately settled the UK islands and used civic policy reducing cost of settlers to expand on the continent. Conquired denmark to the north and spain to south. Settled Germany, Greece and the nile. Finally settled/conquered Brazil area and then spent rest of game fending off attacks since I had the highest score. Frigates/battleships were big in fending off and then taking Cree cities on north american coast.

Great job to design team.

Attached Files:

9. Monthar

Monthar Deity

Except, when you have to hit one more turn to continue playing, it means you've achieved a victory. In this case, you achieved the wrong victory. This is no different than capturing all the AI capitals when all victory conditions are enabled and getting a domination victory, but using one more turn to continue, because the GotM's VC is Science and continuing to play until you achieved a science victory. The GotM rules are once you achieve any victory (yes even if it's the wrong one) you hit the one more turn option and immediately save the game without doing anything else. This is the save you submit.

10. Falabello

Falabello Prince

Well, I don't agree. My understanding is this is an exception to the rules, because it was to have just one kind of victory: Score. If others are disable, there's no sense to achive Domi Victory. Who knows if one achieve SV. Does the game also finish?

I particularly like these Score games. So, another suggestion: the Staff hear what the players think about and come to a conclusion (and write in announcment). In next Score games, the players will know how to deal with rules...

11. Eyswein

Eyswein Prince GOTM Staff

Hhhhmmm…..Do I continue after eliminating all the AI players which led to the notice "you've won because everyone else has lost"? It wasn't specifically stated, but I think the intent was to play until T386. I concur with those above who either stated or implied continue playing, but thought I'd post since I got a 'win' screen (boo).

Almost quit about T285 when the game had 6 crashed in the same turn. I just kept replaying the same turn until it didn't crash.

Turn 303...Current Score 4177

Currently have ~94 cities with a few places to expand and all 11 city states left which I planned to start taking next (at least the useless ones for now).
    Currently getting 1 future science & civic per turn. This has stayed at 3000 science and 3850 culture requirement; currently generating over 4700 science and 7300 culture.
    I have a great prophet, but haven't used him yet. Planned to build more Holy Sites and then use him.

Realized some score changes from Civ 6 to R&F:
    Empire: City - 5, District - 2, Building - 1
    Great People - 5, Civics - 3, Technology - 2
    Wonders - 15 (I think)
    Era - 1 for 1
    Religion - don't know, but definitely different as 3 AI had 20+

Attached Files:

12. doolar

doolar Chieftain

Fun game! Won at 1747 pts,

I expanded too slowly, and almost thought it was finished when I attacked Zulu only to realize he was way ahead of me with military. So made my peace ASAP, defending him off while I waited the 10 turns.

After that I moved up to the north east and took out the Civs in that direction. Didn't make it all the way through Poundmaker, but almost.

I had one CTD at turn 335, but the game managed to autosave just before the CTD, so nothing replayed.

Think I'm gonna play this one til the I've taken them all out!

Thanks for a great GOTM, this is my second one and I'm loving it!

Attached Files:

13. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Emperor GOTM Staff

Im always frustrated when I set up a game according to the parameters and the game cant understand that having a win condition disabled means it should ignore that win condition

14. leif erikson

leif erikson Game of the Month Fanatic Administrator Supporter GOTM Staff

This game is closed for submissions as time has run out.

You may continue to post here and attach saves if you wish. Results will include games above this post.

15. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

Long game.... 2360 points. waited too long to take everything away from the AI. Poundmaker untouched, Zule only got their biggest city. Rest of the world was all me. Loooooong game. But fun.

Attached Files: