1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

6otM54 AAR

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Game Of The Month' started by Knowtalent, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Knowtalent

Knowtalent Chieftain GOTM Staff

Welcome to the 6otM 54 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!
    STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game.

Please attached your victory save to your post.
    - How many cities did you settle or capture?
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies?
    - How did you pump your Faith?
    - Did you instigate any major wars?
    - Were City-States helpful?
    - How did the new features help you?
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
    - Did you enjoy the game?
    Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.
    Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

2. tarafran

tarafran Chieftain

RV 186/400
    great game ,Ill upload comments later

Attached Files:

3. tarafran

tarafran Chieftain

- How many cities did you settle or capture? I settle 4
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? theocrathy and naval
    - How did you pump your Faith? I built holy site/temple/and mosques in all cities first
    - Did you instigate any major wars?no was friend with everyone but grouchy America
    - How did the new features help you?Mishka was awsome ,i was getting +11 apostles with double upgrades
    - Were City-States helpful?the faith one ,i was suzerain of 3 of them and was was getting to chose my apostles upgrades
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?no one went for science ,i was getting most of the GS with +2 card and 2 SD
    - Did you enjoy the game?Yes a lot ,got messy for the last 20 turn when i went back to Dark age after 2 Golden Age ,my apostole were crawling

4. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

RV151
    Didn't really push, just enjoyed the game, RV are so easy.
    Got harvest and went monumentatlity in the classic rather than exodus to thrash chop faith, took Yerevan back activated mass religion and swamped everyone in a huge wave with exodus.
    Fairly sure exodus in the classical would have done but will leave others to play with, I just wanted to do an OP swamp and use knights rather than horses. Exodus is crazy strong with RV already being a broken game.
    Basically I built a navy and took out russia and Rome then swamped as I was over 8K faith... it was way over the top.
    Went something like aminal Husbandry, sailing, mining, masonary... that 4th charge for China I always use for sailing my first builder, a no brainer. Could have easily circumnavigated in the ancient, I had to stop myself, I accidentally met everyone though.
    Just built Pyramids and Mausoleum, was in no rush to thrash faith as I had harvest and holy order is not high on the AI's list. The Mausoleum was handy for the odd envoy/fleet, not needed but hey, nothing else to do.
    The map was built to be a very OP RV map with an interesting positioning of yerevan that did give a little flavour.
    finished with 3K faith in the bank, 14 Apostles, 9 missionaries and 7 inquistors left. Guru's?, never.
    forgot plenty of things so no doubt this is around a T100 map.
    TBH, it was not that enjoyable but then I am not really an RV fan. More used to playing maps with less resource and close CS.

upload_2019-1-5_20-38-21.png

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 5, 2019
  5. pahakuutti

pahakuutti Chieftain

RV T109

Dance of the Aurora
    Reliquaries
    Mosque
    Holy Order
    Pilgrimage

+exodus

Peaceful, didn't build a single military land unit, just chopped few galleys. It took me very long time to realize that Yerevan is on map as Nubia had conquered her (didn't clear the fog over her cities). Thus, didn't bother try to liberate Yerevan. So no cherry picking on apostle promotions.

Spoiler :

Thanks for the game!

Attached Files:

6. DanQuayle

DanQuayle Chieftain

RV T93

3 cities only
    Goddess of the Harvest, Choral Music, Holy Order, GA:Exodus
    Going for Theology before PP probably would have been even faster
    Things I learned: Moksha needs to establish himself 1 turn before completing the Mahabodhi Temple (same turn won't work for extra promotion)

Attached Files:

7. kcd_swede

kcd_swede Jag är Viking!½ GOTM Staff

RV t256 score 987
    I really messed up... did not know about the non-barbs, did not get God of Harvest, and lost many relig units during stupid badly played wars. I have replayed and got it done t190, but that still kinda sux. Oh well... I should always play a test game when switching from playing deity because it really is a whole different game. Had fun as always, though.

Attached Files:

8. arthur486

arthur486 Chieftain

RV turn 144.
    Founded capital + 6 cities, took goddess of the harvest and exodus of evangelists. Chopped and converted everyone.

Must say that playing without barbarians or goody huts changes the game, as I was no longer on my toes at any point.

Really love the RV games, so thank you 6otM team!

kcd_swede likes this.
  9. yavor.makc

yavor.makc Chieftain

Victory on 125 turn.

- How many cities did you settle or capture? - Capital and two additional cities (one for Pyramids, one in jungle new Wonder)
    - What did you prioritize for research and policies? - first mining and animal, Astrology, and resource gathering tech, go to Cartography. Policies - Early Empire, Mysticism, Philosophy, Theology
    - How did you pump your Faith? - Goddess of the harvest (+ Magnus), Religions City States
    - Did you instigate any major wars? - no, peace with everyone
    - Were City-States helpful? - yes, Jerusalem give me the Pantheon
    - How did the new features help you? - used Magnus to boost building Wonders, and built few galleries (with card +100% for naval units); Moksha add additional promotion for few last apostles
    - Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? - not enough forests for gathering need build 3rd city far away
    - Did you enjoy the game? - yes, this was my firs RV game not for Russia.

Attached Files:

Victoria likes this.