6otm66 Opening actions

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM 66 Opening Actions thread.
STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed at least 80 to 100 turns in your game.
This thread is used to discuss the game once you've started playing through your first 100 turns. Apart from normal decency, the only posting restrictions are to please not post videos until the deadline is finished and to use the spoiler tags for screenshots. Here you can post questions related to the game and share your achievements/anger/frustration/victories while you play. Please remember that we are running a family friendly site, so express anger or frustration with this in mind. :)
Please use this thread to discuss your goals for the game and your opening moves through the first 100 turns. Anything after that should be posted in the After Actions thread once you have completed your game.
- Where did you settle your cities?
- What did you research and which policies did you choose and why?
- What was your build order?
- How soon did you build a District? Which ones did you prioritize?
- How did you place your districts?
- Did you emphasize expansion? How many cities have you built/captured in the first 100 turns?
- How did you play your governance cards, priorities?
- What City-States did you meet and which ones did you cultivate to your side?
- Were your neighbors peaceful?
- Any surprises?
Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

"- Any surprises?"
Uh, yeah... getting a Relic on my first tribal village was a game-changer. Snowballed into an early religion and Monumentality Golden Age for fast Builder exploring.

While most people would likely have gotten the same village, anyone who started searching north and lost it to the neighbors is basically condemned to a non-competitive start. That's on the gamemaker.

I on the other hand, and condemned to an uncompetitive game due to my lack of skill. That's on me.:lol:

Anyhow, after 100 turns I am doing fine with 2/17 tourism. Of course, I don't expect many other posters in this thread since most of you will be done by now (t100).:thumbsup:

Well, this game started well for me. I built the great bath but lost hanging gardens for a few turns. Got a classical golden age on the verge.

Before playing I had read the GOTM62 looking for advices and planned to apply.

And then it turned to nightmare. America surrounded me with cities. I did not get religion. I underestimated a barbarian camp and they killed me a few unit and captured my last settler. And when I had no units left, america declared me war. Maybe they will take me one city. I will make them regret their decision in next turns. So I still don't have any amphitheater.

Turn 100:
Spoiler :

Top Bottom