6otM78 AAR

Knowtalent

Emperor
GOTM Staff
Welcome to the 6otM 78 After Actions Report. In this thread you can post the results of your game. Please state victory date and score and the save choice (preferably in the post title), as recorded in the Hall of Fame, and the most important: your path to glory!

STOP - Please do not continue reading this thread until you have completed and submitted your game

Please attached your victory save to your post.

- How many cities did you settle or capture?

- What did you prioritize for research and policies?

- Did you bother with religion?

- How did you pump your Science?

- Were City-States helpful?

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?

- Did you enjoy the game?

Please use spoiler tags for any surprise details you'd like kept hidden. Thanks.

Players are encouraged to provide feedback on the game. Some players like to replay the game, and although we will not record the results from a replay, you can still post your new experiences (please state if the game is a replay). Please refrain from posting videos until the deadline for submission is over.

Turn 297 science victory.
Since it was king game I wasn't expecting anything special out of it but it turned out quite interesting.
I founded London in place and quickly discovered I'm all alone on island so I went full peacefull (1 bow+1warr). Got 7 cities up... some campuses..ignored religion...everything was going fine. Wilhelmina was (as usual) awsome trade partner. Tons of money from trade with her.
I got all science wonders, suzerained almost all city states (didnt bother with military or religion ones)
Ele1.png

Just as I started yawning from boredom Macedonia overestimated his power and went to war whith Netherland and Norway at the same time. Since it was clear they are going to squash him I released my sea hounds on him and captured 2 coastal cities...and then loyalty started going crazy. I flipped almost whole Macedonia+3 Netherland cities+2 Norway+1 city state. Japan was on the brink of loyalty downfall when they attacked Geneva which I couldn't allow (me being benevolent suzerain and all) :p So I poked kamikaze with shiny robot of death a bit.
Ele2.png

And on turn 297 our glorious nation landed space ship full of fish&chips on distand world.
Ele3.png

Interesting game in total...with such starting position its very easy to achieve any type of victory. It could have been over much sooner but I stoped pushing science and micro managing after macedonian incident and went sideways into culture :p :)

Last edited:
SV 256 Score 1793
I played very poorly, not my greatest game.

Spoiler Turn 256: :

SV256.png

Settled 12, captured 17.
As soon as I realised I'm stranded, I beelined all the sea tech.
I did, thankfully. The isolation prevented any foreign religion interference, and allowed me to upkeep Divine Spark for the entire game (which resulted in 60+ GP).
Just campuses.
I did a bit of levying on the foreign land, but to little avail. I failed to notice that someone assigned the Diplomat to that city state, and he managed to take my levy deal out before I could make use of it.
I haven't met Alexander until turn 80, which is just horrible bad luck. If I had met him, I would have been able to trade with him and gain an upper hand in the early game.
To be completely honest, not so much. The uniques were absolutely useless in this scenario, and the entire map geography seemed... weird. Not my cup of tea ;)

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 256 1725 AD.Civ6Save
    3 MB · Views: 299
2384 score, Turn 264 SV.

Settled a fifth city on the original continent when Oil got scarce, absorbed Macedonia, Norway, Japan and China's last city on the turn I won.

I took way too long to discover and suzerain the two Scientific City-State twins. Levying Babylon for scouting did lead to a preposterous amount of Tribal Village benefits. By the time I wanted to build Oxford sciences were taking 2 turns to complete so I just didn't bother.

I was going to do a Globalization-beeline game, got distracted with a war with Alexander that turned into a costly slog but eventually turned Methone into a production powerhouse for Spaceport projects, 239.9 production before modifiers. I should have timed Pingala's arrival to the turn the Spaceport finished, as that would have saved about 10 Turns.

Thank you for the game.

Spoiler :
upload_2020-1-5_20-11-17.png

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 264 1765 AD.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 315
SV 272 Turn.

I had a peaceful game, though Amsterdam was a free city for a long time and I decided to try to take it by settling 2 cities nearby. However, they joined only a few turns before victory. All other cities were settled by me, total about 12 with the majority on my starting island. My strategy was to stay at 2 cities for a long time to get an ancestral hall first. I think all of my settlers took 4-5 turns to build and were built in the capital.

I didn't bother with religion. I went for divine spark pantheon. Though I was unaware that libraries are now required to take advantage of the pantheon and it hindered me a bit. I think the AI did not get a single GS during the game however, they only had a few campuses. There were not many adjacencies available, but I did manage to get +2 for most and one great one on the western continent.

It was a shame I found the 2 (surviving) scientific CS very late, around turn 200. I think I even got a meeting bonus at that point. I was suz of the 2 cultural ones for almost the whole game, which proved quite handy once I got some TS up around turn 100.

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 272 1802 AD.Civ6Save
    3 MB · Views: 329
Turn 255, score 1156, SV

"How many cities did you settle or capture?"
Settled 7 cities early (< ~100) + 1 later for oil.
The late city was a mistake (oil was not useful) and I probably could have done with just the 4 main cities, placing them better, with more room to grow, for additional science.

"What did you prioritize for research and policies?"
Research: Mining, Irrigation, Sailing, Writing, then mostly beelines: Royal Dockyard, Aqueduct+Industrial Zone+Dam, science buildings/wonders, space race stuff
Policies: mostly beelined governments (Republics + Communism) with some off course pickups here and there (helping builders, harbours, science, if not in the path)
Mostly stuck to the beelines, adjusting based on Eurekas or Inspirations at early/mid game.

"Did you bother with religion?"
No, just a very early pantheon (turn ~10?, got a relic from 1st hut).

"How did you pump your Science?"
Pop + Campus then Free Inquiry in Golden Ages from Royal Dockyards, then modifiers (Governors + City States + selected Wonders)

"Were City-States helpful?"
Very much - the Culture ones in the initial island kept my culture up early and mid game. Science, production and gold helped in the district buildings. Others, didn't care.
Was suzerain of the ones I cared for most/all of the game, without any effort.

"Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?"
Just being alone in the island. Invested very lightly in units (2 warriors + 1 slinger + 2 galleys from start, + scouts from huts, + units from Admirals; upgraded).
Never had a single conflict.

"Did you enjoy the game?"
Yes - never had an harbour into science/production game like this one.
Will probably replay it to test the 4/5 cities attempt - I usually play tall, but with some mods, to make tall a bit more viable. But on this game I felt that playing tall (and coastal) was definitely made more viable over time (without any mods).
Also made some silly decisions (to keep distracted) building wonders and other things I didn't need - could probably shave 20 or 30 turns from this SV, I think.

SV turn 228

Spoiler screenshot :
20200107211914_1.jpg

I settled 16 cities, flipped a few at the end of the game.

Harbors first, cause they are cheap and give some nice money. Campuses second. For the rest just typical science stuff.

I've played faith into science many times, and decided to try a run with no holy sites and no religion (could have easily got a great prophet with Exodus of the Evangelists, even without HS).

Once I found out I was on an island without mountains, I planned 'science triangles' all over the coast to place my cities: city centre, harbor and campus next to reef. So all campuses had the all important +3.

Very much so, used all of my great admirals from the harbors to explore the world and found the science city states in a reasonable time.

Being on an island alone, without mountains, without neighbours to flip as Eleanor. :)

I decided to not 'force' the flipping by conquering the neighboring island, I normally love to though, so later on I regretted it. It was a nice clean science game. Reminded me again to build up some culture sooner, would have probably helped win a little faster. I'm curious if there are others that have done it faster!

Spoiler Final screenshot :

Summary

• First ever SV, T229/230
  • 3.3k science per turn, space ship travelling at speed 12
  • Two spaceports: London with Vertical Integration and 13 cities feeding it (2 of which via Mausoleum-enhanced Tesla), and a Petra city in the desert north from Vilnius. London did the bulk, the second joined in for the acceleration.
  • London packs a good punch, 417 production. Though now I see that I could have replanted the chops and bring it up to 443. Not like I didn't have the builders... (see the funny situations)
  • Built 13 settlers, all in London, provision with Magnus, one pre-ancestral hall, the rest after. Captured 2 more settlers and purchased 3 with faith.
  • Conquered most of the world, but stopped because my computer started freezing far too much 20 secs at a time (but when I started the game today to write the report everything was fine, don't know what to make of it). Conquering was easy because my units were much more advanced.
  • Didn't built campuses until late, didn't want to make the districts more expensive until I had my 13 cities put down their IZs.
  • Normally I play domination and the focus is on getting a good military. Here I went for construction mainly, but still wanted to capture some extra cities as a cost-efficient way to boost science and other yields. But it felt like I didn't manage to balance it well, and neither had enough units for rapid conquering, nor settled and built infrastructure in good time.
  • A personal thing but I refrained from using much coal and oil and the CO2 levels are just 550.
  • Rolled from Golden age to Golden age with a lot of excess points. Monumentality all the way primarily for builders as I had ancestral hall and Magnus provision but it was very convenient to purchase builders anywhere. Also 1-charge Monumentality builders are awesome explores as they travel with speed 4 both on land and in the sea.
  • Late religion from a HS for the State workforce inspiration. Zen meditation and Religious colonization to expand it without faith, and later Tithe because Church property was taken and still didn't have many campuses for Stewardship. Gets 42 gpt at the end. Pantheon was God of the sea, but that turned out rather useless, I was expecting the seas to play a much bigger role.
Funny situations (comedy of errors)
  • I built and spent all my faith to purchase *a ton* of builders in the expectation that I can insta-complete the expedition and many acceleration projects at once. Suffice to say England is now crawling with unemployed builders.
  • Magnus got neutralised the very turn I started chopping (with smart materials) losing me both the chopping bonus and Vertical Integration for the most production-critical phase. Got reestablished the very turn the space ship arrived.
  • Got Rationalism confused with Natural philosophy and then the Five year plan. So it wasn't until I switched to the Optimization imperative that I realised they are separate and finally slotted it in. How I could have not seen it earlier is beyond me...
  • There was a Dutch settler next to a city that had gone free and I was hoping the free city units will capture it and I'll get it from them. So I moved my units in an exposed way to block the settler from escaping. The settler escaped and I lost a swordsman and my only siege tower and was so annoyed...
  • The game announcement said there were 20 CS so I killed myself looking for them in every arctic corner of the world and in the end they were only 15. Even when I realised that the 20 was a mistake I thought it would be the standard 16 and kept looking for the last one...
  • Settled a small island just for a 5-campus adjacency tile but thought let's build a harbour first. All going well and just before the city turned 4 some coal popped up.
  • La Venta was captured and I spent some effort taking it because I wanted a second cultural CS for Kilwa (I had captured Vilnius) only to find out it was religious. Still not too bad as it was the second religious.
Observations
  • If you are planning a lone mega city with all 3 ring tiles, it's cheaper to purchase the 2nd ring tiles early and acquire the 3rd ring normally.
  • When you get a free envoy, touring Amani is great for exploring virgin cs areas. (and it gets a few extra points towards Classical Monumentality which seems the difficult one).
  • Pillaging faith and gold is extremely powerful. Might even be better to pillage and withdraw to allow them to repair and then repeat, than capturing the city.

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 230 1595 AD.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 307
  • final screenshot.jpg
    final screenshot.jpg
    533 KB · Views: 933
Last edited:
Turn 337 Science Victory.

Now this was a sloppy game at first. Was going good at first - got a relic, scout, and builder in the first three tribal villages. Instead of picking Religious Settlement, I wanted to try out Eleanor's loyalty flipping ability so I picked Divine Spark instead. Got the first meet and first two city state quests for my Culture CS neighbours and quickly got suzerain of them both. Then things started going sideways. Barbarians nearly wiped out Vilnius whom I had counted on to defend the North. I wasn't able to secure my island until around Turn 100. Hell! I didn't even realize I was on an island until I was finally able to wipe the barbarians out. By this point I had only three cities. The capital which I settled one tile to the East. And the second and third at the mouth of the West river and South river. I had only met Alexander at this point by seeing him across the channel from my second city, Sheffield. This is when I devised my loyalty flipping experiment (and got really sidetracked from the Science Victory) - but we'll check in on that later.

I settled two more cities on my island, one to the North to get a +5 campus, one at the mouth of the last river just North of the capital. At the end I only had 6 cities total on my island and two more settled near the twin science city states (which I found kind of early on). Everything was slow motion, just jamming in infrastructure for a couple industrial megazones for future space projects. No threats of war or anything at all like that. By turn 200, I was easily ahead of everyone in science and culture. I nabbed a bunch of wonders, none that were really useful towards to victory condition. I think when the Medieval Era began, I noticed that a City State quest was to "get a great prophet". There was still a religion available! I just plugged in the card and got a prophet when I was nearly in the Rennaisance, then the prophet just stood there for another 50 or so turns until I got around to building a Holy Site. Didn't work to spread my religion at all. At this point, I knew I could easily win. So I shifted my gaze from the stars to Alexander... This is when I began to mess around.

I got the Oracle in my capital with a Campus and Theater Square, I placed Pingala there with his 100% GPP ability and had Classical Republic for a long time. This equals MAD GPP and tons of great people. I filled Sheffield with great works and ran Bread & Circuses there constantly until I was able to flip Macedonia's small city of Amphipolis. This was my staging ground. I built another theater square and Entertainment district here, placed Amani there with her loyalty ability, as well as Hermitage and Sydney Opera House (for extra great work slots). I put two spies in each enemy neighbouring city - one to neutralize governor, one to foment unrest. All while running Bread & Circuses. I flipped both cities in about 8 turns. Then I moved up Amani and shifted my great works into the prebuilt Theater Squares and ran Bread circuses in the prebuilt Entertainment districts. It just snowballed. I wiped out Alexander without declaring war at all. Then I started uncontrollably taking Norwegian and Dutch cities as well, who were both my longtime allies.

While I was busy doing this Cyrus was on the other side of the world. He eliminated both Spain (who I didn't even get a chance to meet) and Khmer. After Alexander was defeated, I went full focus back into science and nuked the crap out of Cyrus so he wouldn't overrun me in culture. I also dropped a couple nukes on Suleiman once he started getting mouthy. From there it was an easy shot to victory.

Overall, it was a fun game. I know I could have got the science victory quicker with this isolated start. But I had never been able to implement Eleanor's loyalty flipping ability properly and just saw the PERFECT opportunity to do it against Alexander on this map. I really only needed my 5 main cities.
elesciwin.png
loyaltyflip.png
loyaltyflip2.png

I wiped out Alexander without declaring war at all. Then I started uncontrollably taking Norwegian and Dutch cities as well, who were both my longtime allies.

Interesting, I had tried Eleanore before though with France and didn't find the flipping particularly strong but it looks like you made it work as a core strategy. But would you say that it has advantages over flipping by the sword, unless of course it's a dedicated peace game? Building entertainment complexes and getting many GWs is a big commitment and a normal conquest seems cheaper and faster.

T229 SV, Score 1711
Spoiler T230 screenshot :
6otM78.png

Spoiler T230 screenshot :
6otM78_B.png

Spoiler T100 screenshot :
6otM78_T100.png

How many cities did you settle or capture?
Settled 12 cities, captured 5 from Alex, flipped 2. (built 8 settlers before T100, Pyramids, Ancester Hall, Continuous golden ages with Monumentality, faith buy builders, chop settlers with Magnus)
What did you prioritize for research and policies?
District order was: Holly Site, Campus, Harbor, Commercial Hub, Industrial Zone.
Did you bother with religion?
Yes, beliefs: Choral Music, Lay Ministry for culture and faith.
How did you pump your Science?
Tried to boost all the tecs and civis.
Synchronize culture and science output in the first 120-140 turn.
Lots of campuses, being suzerain of 2 Scientific CS.
Great Library, Oxford University, Kill Alex for Kilwa Kisiwani.
Rationalism, Five-Year Plan, International Space Agency and 5-10% from amenities.
Were City-States helpful?
Most important was being suzerain of 2 Scientific and 2 Cultural city-states.
Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it?
Without mountains and forest, my faith income was very poor so I could not used Monumentality very well.
Can't find the 3rd CS before Political Philosophy, so I researched it a little bit late.
Did you enjoy the game?
It was a little bit slow at the start, but it was relaxing.

SV t281 score 1630
I thought I ended slow because of late and sub-optimal warring.

So afterwards, I played again totally peaceful and finished t282. So... I guess my problems lie elsewhere.

Kinda tedious playing a second 60TM Scince VC in a row.

Attachments

• ELEANOR sv281 1820 AD sc1630.Civ6Save
    3.1 MB · Views: 298
Science Victory. Turn 294. 1767 points
Very interesting game, I decided fairly early on once I discovered I was on a continent all by myself to play a peaceful science game. I'm almost always a warmonger so I thought this would be an ideal opportunity to play a different game to my normal style. Wow, not a single mountain on my continent, so I built cities on the coast adjacent to reefs to maximise my science and harbour adjacencies - well developed harbours with the 100% production card are pretty damn good. I did a lot more city planning in detail than normal to maximise adjacencies. The two cultural city states were great for the early boost to culture, letting me ignore that for a long time. I built a pair of exploratory galleys early on and wow, they were awesome one of them found science island and that made the game very easy. Harald and Wilhelmena were friends throughout the whole game - I sent my 1st trade rout to Wilhelmina and my navy impressed harald, these 2 loyal allies were great

Settled 21. 2 on the island east of my main continent, 6 on Science Island (Babylon and Bologna) though 1 of those was very late. 1 on the large continent to the west in the area protected by several mountain ranges on the coast.

Writing, then Sailing (and other water techs once I knew I was on an island), Iron Working/horses once I discovered where they were on my continent. Apprenticeship, Education (for universities) then towards Rocketry.

Yes, Divine Spark, Coral Music and Stewardship. Aimed at boosting my production of great people and science points and trying to avoid building too many theatre squares. I built too few holy sites though as all the adjacencies were pretty rubbish, so I had too little faith for a long time to really use my monumentality golden ages.

A campus, library and university in every city. I saved faith (and ramped up science projects) to buy the good scientists that gave bonus' to those districts and buildings
I expanded out to areas where I had mountains and then build better adjacency districts.
Science Island (as I called it) was key to generating science, I sent 2 settlers there (unescorted through my fiend Harald's waters) and they made it, and established a major colony over there for me. Good city sites, lots of expansion potential.

Yes, the 2 cultural CS and the 2 science CS were key generators of culture and science
When I later discovered Valetta, oh yeah, see my many envoys. I ended up faith buying lots of city stuff, especially all the flood defences which at 160 faith each are stupidly undercosted.

Being all alone, I was able to ignore military, other than to handle barbarians.
No mountains for adjacencies - changed city positioning and expansion
As I discovered rocketry I'd built up Reyna and my money to instant buy a space port in my capital, she got disrupted by an enemy spy as she was estalishing power in London before I could use her, cost me 13 lost turns due to that. Very annoying. I didn't have counter spy established, they were all abroad skilling up. After that half my spies returned with the relevant protection promotions to stop that happening again. I got lots of messages and captured/murdered spies from the other civ's. I Must Remember to eastablish a spy before you need it protecting the spaceport/capital.

Yes

Attachments

• ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 284 1826 AD.Civ6Save
    3.4 MB · Views: 316
SV turn 350/351 score 1894

How many cities did you settle or capture? I settled 12 captured/flipped11 including Alex's last one.I made peace before the final flip so as not to get grievances.

- What did you prioritize for research and policies? Governments/science wonders/eurekas/unit upgrades and space stuff at the end.

- Did you bother with religion? Yes I attempted to do the monumentality strat but missed out on the last prophet.Having a religion probably would have saved me soturns.

- How did you pump your Science? Buildings/great people/AI cities.

- Were City-States helpful? Yes I found both of the science ones and suzed them.I also got Rapa Nui early for help with culture.

- Any surprises you ran into, how did you deal with it? Being alone.Sending out boats.

- Did you enjoy the game? Yes

Attachments

• AutoSave_0351.Civ6Save
    3.6 MB · Views: 311
SV T184
Not a submission but more a mess around wondering why the SV's are all over T200

Settled 11 captured dozens
- What did you prioritise for research and policies?
Mining - Sailing - Masonry - Pottery-Writing - Currency - Astrology - Celestial Navigation
Straight to Feudalism with the exception of Military Tradition to get a +2 GG card in play at PP.
Nope
Harbours (no naval Tradition until late) and then Campus but first 2 commercial hubs
Very much so. especially Bologna, highly underrated. Geneva makes a very noticeable difference near the end... but having 4 was great and Hong Kong is often overlooked
Just how slow the start is
It was very interesting to break down. Better write up in spoilers, any questions feel free to ask. I'l play the next GOTM more legally. Not done a CV for a while.
Spoiler :

The issue with this game is the lack of science adjacency early combined with so very unproductive sites apart from the capital and a city to the SW.
Rapa Nui and Vilnius are not the best 2 culture CS but finding them early gives such a boost to culture you can easily forget to grow culture. Another option would have been to start with a theatre because you had Babylon in the game but do not know that and also it risks an accidental CV.
General strategy the same... really push both inspirations and Eurekas and the slow start helps in this regard. A key thing with this is to get some commercial hubs early to be able to get a merchant and 2 markets and 4 trade routes.
Culture was also an issue as you do not want the districts so my 3rd settler went straight south and settled a grass river where we used some Rapa Nui statues in combination with Pingala but Pin only stayed there until Magnus was finished in the capital and Kilwa was built about T110.
As it was King and SV is best done violently I went for a knight rush which worked incredibly well. Built 2 teams of 3 knights to take out both macedon and the Netherlands to get me at the Ottomans who had taken out Fez quite early, This allowed 3 free envoys with the CS. The pillaging of much faith meant I ended the game on 5K faith. Japan and Norway were then taken out for both pillaging reasons and to allow Suzerain of more CS at Globalization.
Taking Free Inquiry for the classical Age is a no brainer and the 50% eurekas is a benefit above harbours that helps the science catch up but the harbour temptation to take free inquiry at Medieval is a trap on king, the eras are too long and you need to buy those builders en mass for chopping but also to get one charge builders left for rocket chopping. Its a bit of a pain managing them all but I wanted to get the speed of victory down.
When I got to Rocketry and moon landing I had got to Ideology in the culture tree which is a little over the target but roughly where you want to be for the moon landing, it meant I did not have to chop in any science projects.
There was 2 great chopping locations with about 13-14 tree chops worth which allowed me to use one for moon landing and one for chopping in lasers. I chopped in 6 lasers on the first turn of the launch of the exoplanet expedition and my 11th laser took a turn off the travel time so 11 is of value.. 6 turns for the expedition. Chopping the front and back is better than the middle which has the time to be done by builders. powerful production costs a lot to make and only shaves a turn or 2 off for a lot of production. Without Hong Kong production becomes a little better but with it, production is Meh.
My tundra chopping place I managed to get many chops due to Marcus Linius Crassus and he is a great GP specifically for this type of thing, highly underrated by many players (pic of city below)
I used Liang during the early stages of building my 'project' rocket site at London as the 20% toward districts really helped and I only got that from a Great Merchant which is another reason for early commercial hubs.
Buying 2 rocket sites takes a lot of gold and finding 4 CH with Norway was a godsend in this regard, it allows me to avoid Public transport which I hate using, I think it is naff to place a whole lot of neighbourhoods and not finish them.
I was tempted to take warlords throne but decided the early builders using AH would be more handy since I had got to feudalism quite fast. I delayed quite a few builders until them and chopping them in at that stage was very fast. Used intelligence agency as I had no use for extra units and they do eat up maintenance.
My governor order was Magnus - Provision then Pingala - Connoisseur - Researcher
I built pyramids very early which helps with early builder chops, Big Ben, Forbidden city ... that was it missed the wonder eureka due to priorities.
No vertical integration used, the map does not suit that or Coliseum apart from perhaps using Macedon cities which is where I placed one of my coal plants. It is very efficient to build a central powered factory providing +10 to each surrounding city but doing the opposite of producing a lot of factories to provide a single city with mega prod is not necessary, especially on a map with Hong Kong.

Here is my early culture city, used for one of my two CH which I chopped in as Bologna makes it worth doing. Those few culture tiles made a big difference early but took a few workers to get done.
upload_2020-1-17_8-41-54.png

One of my two chopping cities, I used airports because they are +10 production for England and also give a Eureka... I did not get 3 in time for the globalisation inspiration.
upload_2020-1-17_9-9-49.png

My other chopping city, used for the moon landing. See all the 1 charge builders ready to chop, like pink ghosts in the snow.
upload_2020-1-17_8-54-9.png

including saves in case anyone wanted to look, moon landing save so you can see chops in action if you have not before. Do not attack Norway on or before the moon landing turn or you will loose 100 science from Geneva which converst to 1000 culture from the moon landing.after the moon landing the pillaging values on norway lands are wonderful.

Attachments

• Moon launch.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 357
  • ELEANOR OF AQUITAINE 185 1240 AD.Civ6Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 499
Last edited:
SV @ Turn 206.

Settled around 10 cities, captured another 6 and flipped a few more using loyalty.
The usual, get to rocketry "quickly", then to offworld mission. First time buying spaceport with Reyna.
Nope.
Used golden age harbors, of course. Went for Oxford and timed it for late-game techs, but all it got me was 2 useless leaf ones.
Very, but I attacked Netherlands first and discovered the science CS very late (turn 100-ish).
Ran out of iron while attacking Netherlands due to a newly spawned barb camp. This delayed everything by quite a few turns.
Yes, thank you 6otM team!

Attachments

• 6otM78_Science_England_T206 .Civ6Save
    2.7 MB · Views: 464
Uploads are being funky for me, I'm working on uploading save and screengrabs.

T256 / 257 Victory, 2445 Score

Settled 14. Captured 25. Flipped 5.

Prioritized fast early tech to celestial navigation to get up RNDs as early science means via free inquiry. Then teching through to Rocketry as normal.

No. I got one very late when I took over Spain. Work Ethic and Scripture. Started spreading it a little then decided it did not matter.

Classic+Medieval Free Inquiry golden ages followed by campus spam.

Yes, I suzerained all but one (minus those that were conquered). 12 suzerains in all, maintained for the majority of the game mostly from the moment I met each of them.

Surprised to get about only 2% benefit from Navy as the continents were large and nobody settled near the coast. When I felt like conquering, only Madrid was attackable via ship, and later Angkor Thom was rangeable by a Frigate. This set me back in my conquests significantly.

Yes. I started out extremely strong, lost focus a bit but not terribly, and was able to bring in a respectable science victory time. Only my 2nd GotM and my first attempt at a focused early science victory. I can improve and will look to do so. ((I fell very short on culture))

Attachments

• 6otm78 Victory.Civ6Save
    2.9 MB · Views: 281
T425 2004AD Science victory

Settled 9, Flipped 3, Captured 0

Nothing really, just concentrated on staying ahead

No

Carefully placed districts, and policies to boost, Divine spark for the extra GP points

Not really, just the two culture CS on the island to support culture

Stuck on an island on my own, I played a peaceful game.

Yes, it was quite different from my usual encounters.

My normal strategy is to pump out slingers early on, convert them to archers and take the nearest AI, but being isolated this was not going to happen. I switched to settler building and found most of the cities on island early and had a reasonable defensive from starting down the usual route. No body bother me, so I didn’t bother them. This was my first ever entirely peaceful game. It also meant that I had to win the game by beating the AI to it, rather than beating them in to submission.

However just one more turn, post victory, I have been teaching them all a lesson. Encountered something rather odd too, and somewhat unexpected. Friendly fire, I had a jet bomber shot down by a friendly GDR as it was stood next to the city I bombed, animations off, I wasn’t entirely sure what had happened, so I tested a second bomber and lost that too.

Attachments

• FERENGINAR SV 425 2004 AD.Civ6Save
    4.3 MB · Views: 261
  • FERENGINAR SV 425 2004 AD.Civ6Save
    4.3 MB · Views: 310
Sorry about the second file, it took too long to load, and I didn't think it had worked, then they both pop up.

Following up now that I sorted out my screenshots:

T256 / 257 Victory, 2445 Score (previously reported)

Looking for any and all advice or constructive criticism. I feel like I play a strong early game but lose focus in the mid/late game and don't quite yet know how to keep my momentum going. (This is likely a product of the many multiplayer games I play, as those as typically decided by around t100 and players quit out, which generally works out for me as the early game is my favorite part anyways). I expect my biggest weakness here was culture, as until late I did not build many theater squares, culture UIs, or even realize I aught to have leveraged Valetta to spam monuments at the very least.

Spoiler :
Turn 5: I proceeded south and got a Relic out of a goodie hut, as I see many others did, and met Rapa Nui for probably the earliest first meet possible, which really helped my culture. I moved one tile left to settle London on the plains hill and immediately work the spices, which helped growth and gave me quicker access to a RND on the actual Coast, since I planned on being able to use a Navy.

Spoiler :
Turn 10. Scout went north and got a +1 pop goodie hut (great) and also met Vilnius. My culture is booming and I've picked a good next settle location. Slinger almost out. My scout ends up clearing that barb camp by Vilnius. Things are already looking very .

Spoiler :
Turn 21. Making great progress, after my Slinger I build a Settler and went to found Leeds, wanting to claim land near to Rapa Nui before its borders started expanding and hoping for more land that direction.

Spoiler :
Turn 25 What luck! A flood fertilized a bunch of tiles all around Leeds. Manchester has been settled to the North. The first suboptimal thing has finally happened...my Warrior got healed by the goodie hut :( Somewhere along the line here I've gotten my slinger far north enough to find another barb camp and eureka archery (which I haven't worked on yet, as I'm lining for RND).

Spoiler :
Turn 28, a flood at Manchester! I can't believe how glorious the Ancient Era is treating me. And another flood at Leeds on Turn 44. By then I've chosen Religious Settlements and have a Settler headed south of Rapa Nui.

Spoiler :
Turn 63, a Golden Age begins with Free Inquiry. I have 2x RNDs and my Science gets a boost, and I have Magnus chop out Apandana, and I finish my first Galley. I believe most of these era points were saved for the first turn of the Age but I can't remember.

Spoiler :
Turn 78, I've sent 1 charge builders on world tours, and met Geneva and Babylon (first meets luckily with the 2-envoy policy card. Apandana envoys saved up allowed me to suzerain instantly, and levy Bologna to pop goodie huts, barb camps, and meet Granada? shortly after).

Spoiler :
Turn 84, Spain has the only coastal city I've found, so Madrid falls to my wrath.

Spoiler :
Turn 89. Spain has fallen 5 turns after Madrid. Here is where I think my culture game clearly isn't where it needed to be, but I haven't noticed real time yet.

Spoiler :
Turn 112. Golden Medieval Era begins, with Free Inquiry. I circumnavigate with a builder. I get the Mausoleum.

Spoiler :
Turn 120. Things get interesting, and the game takes a turn for the worse honestly as I lose focus. I believe at this point I had attempted to push into Persia, and China surpise DoWs me and takes Madrid. We get a double emergency, one for me and one for China both at Madrid. Hence, the Emergency shows to defend London for me, and I quickly retake Madrid from China. Persia joins both emergencies, which causes weird behavior... my current war with him goes to Peace, I get shared vision with him for the briefest of moments. I change my focus to China, which is difficult breaking past Tigers in the choke, and I can't shoot over the hills at his city with my Frigate. Sad panda.

Loss of focus indeed. My last attempt at micro-managing and chronicling my game was T120, and I win at 256. I know I can improve on culture which will help fuel science with governments and policies. I don't quite understand the final science project push... I had sent a settler (too late) to Babylon for all the trees, but I got to Rocketry before it got there so with colonial policies I had Magnus in Madrid chop a Spaceport in short order. I hear talk of sequential project chops but I had to slog through the tech tree to get to the corresponding space projects? I also chopped in a Spaceport at my proxy city near Babylon... was I supposed to buy it with Reyna? It appears I wasted a ton of chops to get that in, and didn't have enough left to really chop in other projects except laser stations at the end. I had Pingala in Madrid to hard build the moon landing project (he got neutralized twice, so I realized I missed on building and protecting with spies), and switched Pingala to London as my highest production city by far to do the Mars landing and the Exoplanet launch, which really I don't think suffered from hard building because I was still going through techs to get to them? Can someone explain the final science sequence to me, and anything I missed along the way?

I did manage to double-activate the 20% space project engineer, and stomped out China then Khmer then Persia. A satellite city on the other continent started peacefully flipping cities from Macedon and Norway. I spent the final turns using the Royal Society to activate 7 and 6-charge builders for laser stations in London, Madrid, and the proxy city by Babylon, with all the best production policy cards running (colonials, space race boost, seaport boost, Hong Kong, etc).

Top Bottom