1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

7-19-17 Innovative Tamaranian Modpack

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by ElliotS, Jul 19, 2017.

1. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Currently Untested. I don't have time to test right now. Let me know.

Updated with the hotfix I tried to wait for. You can't beat the system boys!

This includes EUI files, so delete the UI_bc1 folder if you have it. I doubt it will cause problems if you don't, but better safe than sorry.

This also includes the following mods: Global - Commander Influence Borders, Flag Promotions, Unique City States, Unit Path Viewer, and Improved City View.

Here's the link:
    VP-7-19-17-Innovative-Tamaranian
    VP-7-20-17-Innovative-Tamaranian-b

To install drop it in your DLC folder. Should be something like:

C:\\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sid Meier's Civilization V\Assets\DLC

As always I'm making no promises of support or functionality. Hopefully you guys enjoy, but if you want a version with 43 civs or different mods then make your own. It takes ~5 min once you learn how.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2017
    IcyAngel, cammcken, vuko and 2 others like this.
  2. Bromar1

Bromar1 King

What does Global - Commander Influence Borders do?

3. aguycalledJames

aguycalledJames Chieftain

Google is your friend. When a Great Commander (General or Admiral) is selected, it'll show their borders of influence highlighted

4. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

This. And it shows all of them, to save you some time getting proper GG coverage.

5. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

No Joy on 1st try - Unable to build anything in city 1 :(

6. madfizzicks

madfizzicks Chieftain

Same issue here. Pretty sure I deleted all the things that might conflict with the modpack.

That said, while I'm here I just wanted to say I've been using ElliotS's modpacks for a while and I'd like to thank him for his efforts. Even though modpacks might be (as he says) easy to make, it's still nice to be able to grab something off the rack.

7. joosegoose25

joosegoose25 King

Hmm. Seems to be working just fine for me so far, I can found my first city and build it.

8. Gokudo01

Gokudo01 Emperor

I can found and build in the first city and it ctd during AI turn.

I delete your folder, reinstall the normal vp and I can process to the turn 2.

What did I do wrong ? I downloaded your pack for the version 07-18-2017 -> unzip it the dlc folder -> delete UI_bc1 folder.
    What is my mistake ?

9. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Updated with the hotfix I tried to wait for. You can't beat the system boys!

Maybe the new version will work better for people with issues. Let me know.

10. a1nosweat

a1nosweat Warlord

still no joy :( think its a conflict - there was a colour changing mod I installed a while ago that isn't in the mod folder, and I probably need to reinstalll civ.

11. Jarula

Jarula King

work with multiplayer hotseat??

12. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

IDK. i've actually never tried hotseat ever.

13. Funak

Funak Deity

Tamaran as in the planet Koriand'r comes from, or some other Tamaran?

14. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I've been playing gal civ 3, enjoying sci-fi recently and grew up with Teen Titans, so let's go with that. I certainly didn't misspell Tamarin (as in the monkey) from memory and not haveit properly corrected when I googled "Innovative Tamaranian" to check for spelling errors in my haste to get the modpack to my beloved community.

...What a horrible accusation... :mischief:

15. vuko

vuko Chieftain

2 of us can start and play normaly. One of our friends has a problem that he cant choose a production in the turn 0. We tried every solution know. Integritiy, delete cache reinstal mod, right clicking, shift enter....

16. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

Try this version with "Global - Commander Influence Borders (v 1)" removed:
    VP-7-23-17-Innovative-Tamaranian-nocb

It's the only thing I've added since last time, so if this isn't the cause for some people, then it'll be more annoying.

17. abqaiq93

abqaiq93 Chieftain

Just wanted to add that your mod name is too long. This is the message I get when trying to copy it to the DLC folder:

upload_2017-7-24_19-21-12.png

Once I shortened the folder name to this: VP-7-23-17 from VP-7-23-17-Innovative-Tamaranian-nocb the mod was installed correctly and worked.

18. ElliotS

ElliotS Warmonger

I'll keep that in mind for future versions, thanks. How is it working for you?

19. abqaiq93

abqaiq93 Chieftain

I'm not able to get IGE button to show up, so trying to figure that out now. If I swap out your dlc with an older version which also uses EUI, the IGE button appears fine.

20. vuko

vuko Chieftain

That didn't help.
    How can we disable just one mod? We would like to disabel each mode separately to find out which mod causes the error.

Everything works in the game. Choose research, move units, just the production in the first city can not be chosen. the city has also no name. It looks like the city "constructor in C++" didnt finish completely.