8.3x Bugs Thread

Bug playing the Doviello. I built a Doviello camp on a fur resource to the northwest of my capital. The camp was destroyed by some marauding orcs. Now I go back to try to rebuild the Doviello camp and there is no option for it, only the normal camp. I don't have hunting, so I can't build the normal camp... See attached save with workers sitting on the camp.

Attachments

• josh AD-0154.CivBeyondSwordSave
    360.9 KB · Views: 47
I am playing Ophelia of the Scions and there are two Alcinus. One barbarian and one in my capital. Last turn he was barbarian and appears to have just been killed twice. I assume this is a bug.

Attachments

• Ophelia AD-0097.CivBeyondSwordSave
    593.8 KB · Views: 50
  • AutoSave_AD-0096.CivBeyondSwordSave
    588 KB · Views: 43
Testing as the Lojalsofar WM 8.32, and while planting a new city with the resource button on, I noticed this new breed of deer grazing on kelp..... ;)

I have added
Spoiler :
<bNoCoast>1</bNoCoast>
to the Civ4BonusInfos.xml, but was unable to remove the deer resource from the kelp/coast. Do I need to add
Spoiler :
<bNoKelp>1</bNoKelp>
or would that even work?

Attachments

• sea deer eating fresh kelp0000.JPG
    sea deer eating fresh kelp0000.JPG
    153.7 KB · Views: 100
was the deer spawned by the map or where there game mechanics in place*?
deer should only be spawned in tundra or forest looking at the CIV4Bonus.xml

*like defeating a stag

was the deer spawned by the map or where there game mechanics in place*?
deer should only be spawned in tundra or forest looking at the CIV4Bonus.xml

*like defeating a stag

no this was a map creation, i just didnt notice it until i turned the resource toggle on when looking to settle my city, and yes i saw the tundra/forest entries. my thought is since that kelp is a mod-resource, somehow this is what has allowed the deer to be spawned on the coast in this case

Playing as the Sidar, I was surprised when my first warrior reached level 6 and he wasn't able to turn into a shade. After looking in the various threads here, I stumbled on the Sidar changes proposed by tesb and supposed it was because those were implemented...but now my Bambur just hit level 6, and does get the ability to wane. Can anyone tell me whether this is a bug or there's something I'm missing?

the waning was not touched afaik, but there was an additional experience requirement added, so that charismatic leaders would not have such a huge benefit. (you need to have both afiak level 6 and a certain amount of experience)

edit: the sidar changes just allows you to hide your cities: here is a rough overview http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=9157136&postcount=66

Aha, I'm charismatic, so that's it then! Thanks for the quick reply, tesb.

Sirvagha of the Doviello accepting open borders at furious, unless that's intended.

I've seen this one a couple times. There's a toad event that places toads on a tile, but then the next turn the toads have transformed into sheep or pigs. The event can happen on an existing resource (including mana) destroying that resource.

It seems, Scions captured city can build captured civ. building and even palace!

@cde2006
i guess your played the scions with xivian, in this case it works as intended :)

no this was a map creation, i just didnt notice it until i turned the resource toggle on when looking to settle my city, and yes i saw the tundra/forest entries. my thought is since that kelp is a mod-resource, somehow this is what has allowed the deer to be spawned on the coast in this case

Ok I also found an elephant camp on kelp as well, so I went to the Improvement Camp entry in Civ4ImprovementInfos.xml and attempted to place this tag
Spoiler :
<bNoShallows>1</bNoShallows>

It caused a "declared" schema error, so I couldnt confirm if this would fix it as well.

@ Sephi,

when you get a moment, can you check this for me. thanks.

Ok I also found an elephant camp on kelp as well, so I went to the Improvement Camp entry in Civ4ImprovementInfos.xml and attempted to place this tag
Spoiler :

It caused a "declared" schema error, so I couldnt confirm if this would fix it as well.

@ Sephi,

I also tried this terrainboolen entry in Civ4ImprovementInfos.xml but with no success

Spoiler :
<TerrainBooleans>
<TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_GRASS</TerrainType>
<bTerrain>1</bTerrain>
</TerrainBoolean><TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_HILL</TerrainType>
<bTerrain>1</bTerrain>
</TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_PLAINS</TerrainType>
<bTerrain>1</bTerrain>
</TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainBoolean>
<TerrainType>TERRAIN_TUNDRA</TerrainType>
<bTerrain>1</bTerrain>
</TerrainBoolean>
</TerrainBooleans>

but at least there was no schema error.... haha

keep in mind the new palace replaces your current scion one :) you can only have one palace at a time

Recieved a python error while building Esus unit.

Spoiler :
Code:
if pPlayer.getBuildingClassCount(gc.getInfoTypeForString('BUILDINGCLASS_CULT_OF_ESUS_HALL')) > 0:
    iFlanking2 = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_FLANKING2')
    iSinister = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_SINISTER')
[COLOR="Red"]    iFear = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_PROMOTION_FEAR')[/COLOR]
    iAeron = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_AERONS_CHOSEN')
    result = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(10, "Esus")
    if result==0:
		unit.setHasPromotion(iFlanking1, True)
		unit.setHasPromotion(iFlanking2, True)
    if result==1:
		if unit.isHasPromotion(iSinister):
			unit.setBaseCombatStr(unit.baseCombatStr() + 1)
		else:
			unit.setHasPromotion(iSinister, True)
		if result==2:
			unit.setHasPromotion(iAeron, True)
		if result==3:
			unit.setHasPromotion(iFear, True)

Line 1481 should probably be :

iFear = gc.getInfoTypeForString('PROMOTION_FEAR')

Attachments

• PyError.jpg
    PyError.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 47
I think I have found the issue, looks like the UnitInfo files for two Houses also have info about Adventurers. Specifically houses Ghandalla and Phiarlan. Neither of them had the tag. Adding the

Code:
<PrereqCiv>CIVILIZATION_GRIGORI</PrereqCiv>

tag to both the files seems to fix the issue.

was a bug in loading the PrereqCiv tag. Will be fixed in 9.0

Spoiler :

@ Sephi,

are those resources on kelp generated before the game starts? So when you open worldbuilder turn 0 do you see them? In that case does this happen with only one mapscript or several?

are those resources on kelp generated before the game starts? So when you open worldbuilder turn 0 do you see them? In that case does this happen with only one mapscript or several?

I believe they were their originally (but I can not be absolutely certain at the moment being at the day job). I do know, that I have not seen this occur previously, and as always my testing is on the Erebus mapscript that is provided. Map is huge and almost all settings are set on standard, i use the x & y option though.

I will check the turn "0" setting later this evening and see what is there.

Top Bottom