1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Ages of Pace v2.1.0 Release

Makes the game run at a more comfortable pace

1. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Sounds like something within the scope of this mod, though I'm not really sure what the purpose of this would be or if it really is a good change to make. You're saying you want the GPs to always exhaust themselves rather than advance with era as Civs advance?

2. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Where can I find the logs?

3. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

When a GP is recruited, the game picks a new one. The era of that new GP is one era further along than the current 'game era' which itself is most advance era that 50% of civs alive have entered. I want to get rid of this +1.

Logs are in C:\Users\USER\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\Logs

4. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

I assume the +1 is there so that the bonus isn't useless by the time you get it, since you still have to build up GPP all over again. This would probably only work well if we also further cheapen the cost of GP (which I approve of). Furthermore, it would be very difficult to get Info Era GP for Space Race before you desperately need them, no?

5. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Not really. If you read the thread I posted before, the opposite problem occurs.

6. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

So there's quite a few files in there, which one(s) do you need?

7. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

I still think this would only work if you make GP cheaper. GGenerals and GAdmirals will be obsolete before you get them sometimes. If you want to save up for a future era you can always pass to start racking up GPP, but nobody will want to clear out an obsolete GP

8. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Just zip them up and post them here.

I'm away for work this week so I may not get a chance to actually do anything about them however.

@Atlas627: True. But, because the GPs you'll be accumulating points for will be from an earlier era, they will already be massively cheaper.

9. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I hope I've done this right, it's the first time I've created a zip file.

Attached Files:

• Logs.7z
      File size:
      754.9 KB
      Views:
  10. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Give it a try, then!

11. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

I'm not sure if the problem is at your end or mine, but when I uncompressed that file I got 47 empty folders. Can you just upload database.log and modding.log? Those may be enough to diagnose the problem.

12. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I get the error "The uploaded file does not have an allowed extension."

I think I'll just start a new game and see if it happens again, before bothering more with this.

13. Rambo919

Rambo919 Chieftain

One ballence problem with the AI, they seem too hard hit with the mid-to-late penalties. This is especially true with city states which are still running around with crossbows, halberds & muskets in the year 2000... This makes them perfect prey for opportunistic civs that happily declare war with a suzerain just to take over a obviously weaker city state within the 10 turn limit and then sue for peace with almost no warmonger penalty.

14. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Poor AI is, sadly, a massive problem in this game...

Are there any bugs to report with the latest patch? I can't really think of why there would be any but one never knows...

15. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

Haven't come across any bugs related to 8AoP, and it is the only mod I've had active in all my games post-patch.

A suggestion, by the way, I have manually halved all production costs in the game, and this allows for much more to happen without requiring extremely long reseach times. What do you think of this idea?

Note: I'm not talking about the research times as they are in this mod, by the way; I think those are fine, it is just that I still felt like production times for all kinds of things was still too long. Also, I haven't yet played through a game (I found out in the medieval era that I'd forgotten to reduce the production costs for unique stuff of DLC civs), but from what I've heard from other people that have done similar things these lower production costs also make it a lot easier for the AI to achieve stuff.

16. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Do you not run out of stuff to build though? Thats the problem I tend to have from the industrial era onwards as it is

17. Leyrann

Leyrann Warlord

I'm occasionally out of stuff to build in high production cities during the early eras, but then I typically just switch to units for a bit as I tend to have much smaller armies than the AI does. Haven't gotten past medieval era yet, so I can't say anything about that.

If I were out of stuff to build, however, I would prefer to fix that by adding more stuff, as I now have the production times and game times I like.

Probably gonna roll into modding half a year after having given up on it lol. Regarding that, any chance I could ask some beginner questions in PMs? I feel like using the Mod Creation Help forum just doesn't really work (I tried asking some questions earlier), so I would prefer having someone I could just ask simple questions as I come across them.

Atlas627 likes this.
  18. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

I sometimes go into there and answer questions, but its usually the exact same stuff over and over. At some point it gets tiring to explain the basics again and again when the forum has a search feature... =/

19. Zarek

Zarek Chieftain

Hello. Great mod!

I'm wondering if you could please double check that the "Planning Department" building is working as expected. I had a city that could not build a new district due to population, then bought the "Planning Department" with gold, and then still could not build a new District.

Thanks and please advise,
    -Zarek.

20. Atlas627

Atlas627 Chieftain

Wrong mod?