1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Ages of Pace v2.1.0 Release

Makes the game run at a more comfortable pace

1. Scramble

Scramble Chieftain

Before rise and fall we were using Civ VI improvements patch to change the game pace instead of 8 AoP, and it worked perfectly. It doesn't look like that mod will see a R&F update, so I was hoping to use this one since it is very praised by the community and works great for my single player games.

I don't know if these logs will have any good info for you, but have a shot.

Attached Files:

2. Scramble

Scramble Chieftain

If you need me to run another quick game until we desync to get recent logs or a save or something, i can definitely do that

3. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Possibly, but I'd rather isolate the bug to this mod first. You are running quite a few different ones:
    Steel and Thunder: Unit Expansion
    Tomatekh's Historical Religions
    Religion Expanded
    AI+
    The problem could be with them. I'd recommend running a few test games with just one of them at a time to see where the problem is. If that works, then run all pairs one at a time (6 different combinations) and see if there's a compatibility clash.

4. Scramble

Scramble Chieftain

We did do that already a few days ago. We played with only individuals, and found we could make it to turn 30 or 35 without desyncing with the other ones, but with 8AoP, we desyncd at turn 20 like clockwork.
    If it helps, we also did a workaround (found here: https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/7x8l5g/civ_6_rise_fall_dlc_momentillustrations_database/) that involves replacing some game files. I don't know if that would have affected anything or not.

I will try running a few more test games soon and post results here.

5. Scramble

Scramble Chieftain

ok we ran some games. (AI+ and 8AoP are the only 2 mods we consider essential to our playing)

game 1: AI+ and 8AoP: desync on turn 11.
    game 2: 8AoP only: made it to turn 31 before i was killed by horde of barbs hah. no desync. This surprised me
    game 3: AI+ only: desync on turn 5. Seems perhaps I was remembering the desync problem incorrectly and messed up my previous tests. AI+ appears to be causing the problem on it's own.

I apologize for wasting your time.

6. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Thanks for doing the tests, always good to isolate the problem. Not sure why AI+ would cause desync though, you're probably best asking that mod creator.

7. tramshed

tramshed Chieftain

If you are playing multiplayer, make sure the game is in Fullscreen mode, not Borderedless Window or Windowed. If any of you are not in fullscreen youll get horrible desync.

8. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

any plans to update this? the game has gone through an expansion and multiple updates since the last version of this came out.

9. pyyric

pyyric Chieftain

8 ages of pace really doesn't feel right with R+F
    multiple technologies are still being researched in the middle of wars as if the war is spanning thousands of years or something. the base game had the pace set right but something in R+F really sped it up again. Even the Ancient Age goes too fast through research compared to what is accomplished on the world itself.

GandhisRevenge likes this.
  10. GandhisRevenge

GandhisRevenge Chieftain

Is this compatible with rise and fall? I use this mod on Marathon, but it doesn't appear to have any effect on gameplay. I can't even tell if the Mod is running...