1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Ages of Pace v2.1.0 Release

Makes the game run at a more comfortable pace

1. dturtle1

dturtle1 Prince

Hey Lord Olleus....cool mod Mate, plays a lot better :goodjob:, I finished my 1st game in sub 400 Turns(Epic) with maxed tech/Culture trees :(.., Way too fast fro my un-optimised play.... Will the update require a new game ?.
    In my current game as Vicky i just got Redcoats, Factories and Sea Beggars @ turn 280 odd which is still pretty quick but i actually had to work for it this time. looking to get my Colonial War on :)

2. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Classical prophets only cost 10% more than in vanilla, and medieval ones 20% more, so it's a pretty small increase. Considering it will take much longer for anyone to hit the medieval era and push the cost up, I think it's pretty fairly balanced.

Littlebob86 likes this.
  3. hellagrant

hellagrant Chieftain

The Faster Borders do NOT effect city states, correct?

If so, can someone tell me how to add the effect to city states. Thanks in advance.

4. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Update doesn't require a new game, but it's recommended. Changing the rules halfway through a game will penalise/benefit some strategies pretty strangely.

I believe that city states borders grow with envoys rather than culture, so the border changes will not affect them. I've had a quick look through the game files, I can't see anything that controls the rate at which city states' borders grow. I could easily have missed something, but this could also be hard coded.

5. Horem

Horem Emperor

@ Lord Olleus - Would you mind if I include parts of this mod in a Modpack? Full credits will be given.

Mglo likes this.
  6. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Go ahead, the more the merrier

Mglo likes this.
  7. Kabba QuzAi

Kabba QuzAi Chieftain

Will this modpack let people download the mod from a different source?
    Cuz it would just make these good mods be lower in the sort by downloads list.

I hope @Horem simply puts a link to your post!

8. Daft73

Daft73 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is normal, you ask permission to use there mod.Then on your page, you link and give credit to the components in your Mega-mods.

After that they typically work together, the originator updates his mod and so on...

9. Stocke

Stocke Chieftain

Love this mod, but is there a way to change it further for my personal preference?
    Ancient and Classical eras are fine for me as they last enough to be enjoyed, but even with this mod + another that increases the civics/techs costs, medieval eras and beyond still feel too short
    It's probably because science/culture output skyrockets after getting a nice empire, so i just wanted to know if there was a way to increase the costs of only medieval+ tiers of research

10. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Open SlowerEras.sql and edit the EraIncreases table to your hearts content.

Be careful though, I find that if you make techs/civics much slower then you run out of things to build quickly.

11. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Ok, I've finally worked out why the UI makes mistakes in displaying how far a unit can travel in one turn. In effect, the bug is in the unmodded part of Civ6. Its effect is just magnified when there roads are faster.

I'm not particularly keen on debugging Firaxis' code for them, so I intend to leave this issue as is. If they don't fix it in the first patch, I will attempt to do so myself.

Atlas627 likes this.
  12. Onii-chan

Onii-chan King

Okay so... I tried out this mod first time for a game, and while I like the thought process behind it, I feel like it's too far in the other extreme. It becomes super spammy in terms of units. Since you're teching so much slower you're left with less useful stuff to build all the time, which makes you pretty much forced to spend production on units all the time just because there's not much else to do. It's even more notable for the AI which isn't that fast at teching to begin with. So it basically just ends up with the AI spamming units 24/7, mostly horsemen, like this: http://i.imgur.com/7cNs68y.jpg
    (which also slows down the turn times a bit I might add)

Sooo idk, maybe increase the production cost of military units a bit or tone down the science costs slightly

13. Olleus

Olleus Deity

Try building a few more campuses. You have to adjust to the new science/production ratio.

As for the AI, I find it's very spammy no matter what. I'd say go to a higher difficulty if they are too far behind, but that hardly matter

14. Littlebob86

Littlebob86 Prince

Yeah I found that all my units had 1 build time and was running out of buildings !

15. DevilMike77

DevilMike77 Chieftain

16. Olleus

Olleus Deity

I think it should be compatible! From the description on reddit anyway. Btw, does that mod have a post in civfanatics? I much prefer discussing these things here

17. DevilMike77

DevilMike77 Chieftain

It think it
    I think it has been asked to the creator but I have been unable to find anything about it here and God knows the unit upgrade is an issue reported by everyone ...I am surprised there is not much publicity around this.

18. Olleus

Olleus Deity

What era did this happen in? Was it after you had IZ and factories up everywhere?

19. Magil

Magil Monarch

The AI does that in the base game too, though. I find myself using the Democracy government and district projects a lot more often. I rarely used district projects in the base game, so I like that I have a bigger reason to use those (and Democracy) now.

20. Ryika

Ryika Lazy Wannabe Artista

Increasing the cost of Military Units a bit may be a good idea though, just so the spam stays within reasonable boundaries.

But that may of course be outside of the scope of the mod, depending on how focused you want to keep it.