1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

8 Ages of War v1.3.0 Release

Overhaul of promotions for land units as well as nerfing of ranged units and small boost to the mili

1. Olleus

Olleus Warlord

Awesome! Glad to see you back, I thought we'd lost you to real life lol

2. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

I can confirm that the mod works on R&F (as in it loads) works. I'll play a campaign with it to see if there's anything broken or needs fixing and report back.

Edit, it works well, but because of AI+ v12 I got swarmed on deity and couldn't test more than the first 2 upgrades (screw the US with their 8 warriors invade at turn 6)

point is, I think ranged units need to get slightly unnerfed to give players a chance at surviving high difficulty invades.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  3. Thibaulthc

Thibaulthc Chieftain

I'm testing it as well
    I just commented off all the lines and files related to the Fusilier (because of Pikes and Shoot units) and to the Policies that give the +50% to the anti-cav units (but I must have miss something because I still have the policy card +50% to anti cav and siege)

I agree. I wouldn't touch their combat strenght but their ranged strenght should indeed be a little bit more unnerfed. Incendiaries might be a little bit stronger than +5 too (too weak related to the -17 vs districts)

Very funny that my neighboor is also Teddy and also invaded me. Immortal, without AI+, he managed to take one of my 3 cities (unwalled) and he was really close to take down the second one! That's the third city I lost in 600h, AI finally shows some improvement !

I got a nice emergency to take back my city (only member, as usual)

I'm playing on Pangea, so no naval units yet.
    But everything works fine till now.
    I think your code applies to the new Unique Units as well.

4. Abd121

Abd121 Chieftain

also, a bit of note, the Roman legionaries (and similar units I guess) are super OP now because ranged units cant kill them at all now.

between this and Maor Units changes. I'd say Melee>Anti-cav>caverly>ranged.