80 Bucks!!!

Zebra 9

Emperor
I just bought Warlords & I noticed on the cover that it sayes that you must have the Vanilla version to play. I payed $50 (USD) for the Vanilla & $30 (USD) for Warlords. If I didn't have the Vanilla I would have had to $80 for Warlords. I was wondering if that is only the one I got!:eek:

I thought I should post this just incase someone was thinking of waiting to buy Warlords & skip Vanilla.

i can get warlords for £20.00 :D :D nice ever tough i cant get because im off on holiday soon:(

:badcomp:

Well warlords is an expansion not a stand alone game, hence you need civ4 to start with..

Why would you want to play warlords if you aren't a fan of civ4?

But i am sure in a few months they will bundle the warlords and civ4 into one package.

Despite playing every CivIII expasion I have never dealt with buying an expansion because I bought bundle.

Thanks for letting me know.

I have vanilla, but I'm waiting for a second expansion to come out, because buying a later expansion will at least get you the previous expansions.

I think 80 bucks is £42 or so. I guess the British have to pay a little more for shipping or something.

Just wait a while and get a used copy on ebay. I got Vanillia civ IV for $27 shipped.

If you want a game the day it comes out, expect to pay a premium.

Zebra 9 said:
I thought I should post this just incase someone was thinking of waiting to buy Warlords & skip Vanilla.

Well, if you wait for at least another year, I'm sure you can get Civ4 Complete which will be included Vanilla Civ4 and Warlords for less than $30 (us).;)

Welcome to the big wide world of expansion packs :p

Very few don't require the original game, though I shall say that around here most game companies ask if you have the original game.

In a year $80 will be worthless thanks to your wonderful government's financial management skills. Better spend it now while it's still worth something! :lol:

I don't play many comp. games and I think 80$ for a game and an expansion isn't outragous. Also I dont undertand why you wanted to play warlords without ever playing civ 4.

In a year $80 will be worthless thanks to your wonderful government's financial management skills. Better spend it now while it's still worth something!

Wrong...
This is an absurd reasnonment.
Better spend it now in something that WORTH this money.

I don't play many comp. games and I think 80$ for a game and an expansion isn't outragous.

it is outrageous...

An expansion should :

-Either have more things.
-Or cost less.

Also I dont undertand why you wanted to play warlords without ever playing civ 4.

It's not my case ... but maybe because Civ4 is incomplete and Warlords make the whole game complete and then you wait the game to be complete before buying and playing it ? (note that it's not my way of thinking but it's possible for others)

Warlord adds next to nothing to the overall civ4 experience, it should cost more like $10.

Lol, with all thats been said about warlords im sure am glad i bought Heroes V instead of warlords. The next XP for Civ is going to have to be mighty impressive to be able to get cash from me.

There is no way im going to hand over $50 if thats how much little content they put in to their expansion packs... when you compair the add-on content in warlords to other expansion packs like, say, BG2: Throne Of Bhaal or Diablo2: LOD or Starcraft:Brood War ~all of which were the same price, and also those little add-on modules for NWN at $10 each, it really is a joke at the expense of the people who payed for warlords.

Im sure Sid's having a great time swimming in his pool of cash right about now.

What's so bad about Warlords? Are you just trolling or were you around when PlayTheWorld was released. Even the relatively well reviewed Civ3 Conquests had little new to offer.

Warlords is the most significant Civ expansion pack to date. It adds the biggest gameplay addition(see vassals) and has the usual stuff people expect (new civs, new scenarios/mods, beefed up MP).

And if you're cheap, wait another 6 months and there will be a gold edition with the original and Warlords.

Top Bottom