800 BC Start

onedreamer

Dragon
I played it twice now (one with Jet, Memdee my wife and I and the other only in the family) and it seems that the date progress is somehow too slow since Communism shows up during the sixteenth century... can it possibly be wrong or ... ?

> I think it's what happens when humans trade between themselves

From what I saw, I don't think that was the case. I remember very few human-human tech trades when I played. Rome/Carthage/Japan were basically rivals and Persia was a bit behind. I do remember doing some inter-Christian tech whoring myself, but not too much - I didn't choose my research path for trade purposes, for example. (On the other hand I did have Mansa as a neighbor and well.. what can you do :lol:)

But it could be that having 4 well-played, leading civs each doing some trading with the AIs, as well as exposing the AIs to second-researcher benefits, sped up the tech progress somewhat.

I think that's it. If you think about it you usually get maybe a century ahead in single player as a euro civ; this is just amplified because there are more humans.

That's definitely not the case. I've witnessed the same situation with both 4 and 2 human players, in the first case I even never traded a single tech with humans or AI, and in the second case we traded very little (I did trade not few with the AI, but no more than in a SP game though). Also the gap in the 20th century can be of 2 or even 3 centuries....
PS: I was playing a huge Persian empire in both cases, not definitely an optimal research situation.

On futher looking it was only 1 century of difference in the 20th century (but probably more, earlier) in my 2 human players game, but I must say that RFC has been as close to real dates as possible from what I have seen in SP, so 1 century is indeed quite a difference since the last century lasts many, many turns. We started playing a 3000 BC start and we'll try also the 600 AD to check if it's all the same and hence due to more than one human player influencing the game, or if there's something odd in the 800 BC start.

Top Bottom