1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

820 Ad - I messed up !

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Multi-site Demo Game: High Council' started by Yndy, Dec 8, 2004.

1. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

OK, guys it seems I have made a huge playing mistake. I've asked about trading in the PTW PBEM because my first gift to Apolyton did not reach them. So I was told there's nothing to know about, you just make the deal.

Now since you don't see the trade after you make it, and it didn't work last time I assumed every time you open the diplo screen, the offer you made earlier that turn gets deleted. So I gifted Apolytom some 300 cash (for previous missed payments) and 80 gpt. THREE TIMES.

Result: We lost all our money, went bankrupt and lost a harbor and a worker, three towns revolted and we ended up with -137 per turn.

So I did the only think that was possible, attacked a APO Medieval Infantry and won near the Silk Colony to get back on positive cash flow. Immediately afterwards I sent them a peace offer. This will of course be reported to the admins and I'll try to find out exactly how much money APO received.

I'm waiting for your punishment but I'd only want to let you know that I hate the guillotine or to be hanged, just shoot me.

In other news (do you need any others?) we killed a barb near the silks. GWT got Astronomy and their galleys have found three of our ships. To make it look like a coordinated effort with APO I had tried to land two shiploads near Asgard but failed due to blockade. (see pic)

I raised the lux tax to 20% to allow the FP to be completed next turn. Another raider was completed in Zhi Gang and I switched to Apeduct.

Attached Files:

2. croxis

croxis Chat room op

yndy! aack!

I know you're massivly kicking yourself over it (you better be anyways ;) ) so I wont chew ya out. Would it be possible to getthe money back?

3. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

Depends if they agree to that but if we don’t there’ll be no payments to Poly over the next 8 turns. The only problem is to figure out how much money they have received. Because we don’t have any of the 867 that we used to.

4. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hmm... interesting.

Reported to the admins? Whatthe...??? :confused:

Seriously, where did we lose the harbor? Why can't we trade with Poly for 8 turns? I'm a little confused..

It was also Poly's mistake. They should have accepted only one of the payments. This needs to be discussed ASAP with them.

And well... It wasn't that bad. At least the money went to an ally ;)

There is a hole in the GCA blockade. Should we try and land?

5. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

Well, depending on how much Poly received this could be an exploit. The harbor was lost because we did not have enough money to honor our commitments. If we lost 867 and Poly received 1,000 we actually gave them money that we did not have. If they did not receive 867 than we lost some serious money and we could ask for a replay (which probably will not be granted).

If Poly received a truckload of cash last turn, we will not provide them with more money until we save the cushion that we had in the past (probably 7-8 turns).

I would try and land in GCA lands as they seem to be worried and don’t have enough units to cover the area. I will look for a good defensive position, there’s a hill there but it will probably be blockaded. Even if we lose the entire stack we might win a battle and start our GA with the FP just built.

And I did email them asking why they have accepted.

6. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Well... where was the harbor? How fast can it be replaced if much needed? Was it really needed?

7. Zarn

Zarn Le Républicain Catholique

We need damage control.

Ambassador Emp Nap, contact Apolyton and see what they are willing to do yo keep the damage minimal. I believe it is in their best interests to keep our budget running smoothly. Make sure they believe it is in their best interest. ;)

Edit: If you need me there, you know how to contact me.

8. croxis

croxis Chat room op

They could sne dus a couple of payments back to us which would be helpful. I say go for the place where poly needs help even if it is blockaded.

9. Yndy

Yndy Chieftain

On a short notice I've been announced I'll be out of town between 10 and 20 December 2004. Ankka, could you please play the turns instead of me in this period?

We should land in the GWT area in a tile where we would have defense bonus (forest, hill, tundra) and hope we'll have Golden Age started. Poly would want us to land anywhere as long as we create panic for our enemies.

There's not much else to be done other than sort out the money mess.

10. Octavian X

Octavian X is not a pipe.

You probably didn't have to attack Apolyton - I think you could have also cancelled that peace treaty the way you can in regular games.

Still, this should be no trouble. I'll send a quick PM to MrWhereItsAt of Apolyton to tell him EmpNapoleon will be with him soon, and that Apolyton shouldn't panic.

11. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

oh man this is great! :D what a wonderful way to make this interesting.

12. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Hmm... OK, I'll try to play the turns as noone else seems to be capable..

Has someone contacted Poly about this? What have they said?

13. Zarn

I guess Emp is not going to contact them.

I will contact Trip via pm.

Edit: His box is full. I'll try another member. :p

Edit2: If you can, check out #apolyton every once in a while and see if you can get in contact with a member of their team.

Edit3: These people should learn to clean out their pm boxes. :p

Edit4: I have to go to the hospital, so I can't stay in the chatroom.

14. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

A message from GWT:

So, anyone available? If, when? I don't care whether it's MSN or IRC, as long as it's not after 20GMT any night.

15. Zarn

What do you people think of Tuesday 1pm EST?

16. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

What you just did (sent 80gpt thrice and in the same turn) is part of an exploit in vanilla Civ3 and PTW. I would suggest asking that the 3 or whatever turns be played again. Attacking Apolyton and making peace is PART of that exploit. This is something that is part of a bug (fixed in C3C). Also, do *NOT* mention the exploit except to the admins of the game.

This is a game-altering exploit. I would suggest replaying the turns, and all teams should repeat the same exact moves. The Admin should check this.

17. Emp.Napoleon

Emp.Napoleon SUPER EMP!

YES YES YES!!!

THIS IS OUR CHANCE TO WIN THIS GAME! WE MUST ALLY WITH GWT IN ORDER TO WIN THIS GAME. We have no change of attacking GWT with APO. But with GWT, we could win!
    Maybe they are sick of GCa and want to kick them out, then poly.

18. Ankka

Ankka Chieftain

Matter solved, FortyJ has inspected this issue and said in the UN forum that it hasn't done any real difference so we can continue.

EMP: I wouldn't be so keen, but we could try and ask.

Zarn: how much is that in GMT?

19. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Interesting exploit. Care to elaborate ?

20. Hygro

Hygro soundcloud.com/hygro/

simply put you can give people infinite amounts of gold through gpt.