9 Ages of War

Olleus

Deity
Do you think that warfare is not well balanced in BNW? That the choice of units doesn't make sense? 9 Ages of War attempts to solve these two problems. The main changes are:
  • Creates a 'light cavalry' line of units stretching from chariots to helicopters which includes Lancer and two new units: Skirmish Cavalry (which scouts can upgrade into) and Light Cavalry. Light cavalry units are faster and weaker than heavy cavalry and gets a bonus against ranged units.
  • Merges Anti Tank gun and AA into a "battery" unit which upgrades into an RPG unit that replaces SAM which also acts as anti tank+anti air (now that helicopters act like light cavalry).
  • Gets rid of Marines (promote infantry to amphibious instead to get the same effective unit).
  • Spaces out the infantry units and tank units a little more.
  • Slight change in placement for a couple of techs.
  • Minor changes in naval upgrade paths.
  • Swords and Longswords get +20% vs cities to make them more useful units.

It can be downloaded here.

The mod has been tested extensively, and changes affect all UUs.

In the future will remove Bazooka infantry (make machines upgrade to GDR instead), make what is happening in Air Combat clearer and balance air units. Making the combat AI better is also a long term goal.

I am also looking for artists to design buttons/icons for the new units, let me know if you are interested!

If you want to look at some screenshots (includes changes to the tech tree and updated civilopedia entries), you can find some on steam.

As an aside, I am also working on "9 Ages of Building", "9 Ages of social policies" and "9 Ages of research" to make those aspects of the game simultaneously more balanced and more engaging. I am very happy to discuss the changes I made, and look for ways of improving what there is so far, so do ask/say/suggest!

Attachments

• 9 Ages of War (v 2).civ5mod
    540.4 KB · Views: 144
Top Bottom